[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

On 6/7/2020 at 5:33 AM, Drakenex said:

Trimmed SSTU folder containing:

• Petal adapter (ideal for SLS BIB)
  • Orion IVA
  • Full Fairing coloring support

Just 30.8 MB!

Requires TU

Could someone please explain how to actually install this. I put it in game data or in the reDirect folder. I also made a .cfg(does the name matter?) inside reDirect/patches as described above(although I did notice that it appears to have a typo, SC-C-CM-IVA instead of SC-B-CM-IVA). None of that worked and ended up with missing portraits.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Brains001 said:

Could someone please explain how to actually install this. I put it in game data or in the reDirect folder. I also made a .cfg(does the name matter?) inside reDirect/patches as described above(although I did notice that it appears to have a typo, SC-C-CM-IVA instead of SC-B-CM-IVA). None of that worked and ended up with missing portraits.

Thanks

Just put it into your GameData folder and then copy this into a CFG file.

@PART[DIRECT_Orion]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  SC-C-CM-IVA
    }
}

10 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Just put it into your GameData folder and then copy this into a CFG file.

@PART[DIRECT_Orion]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  SC-C-CM-IVA
    }
}

Ok it is working now. Thank you

Final Question: What is the intended fuel configuration for the Caesar engine on SLS. The engine needs LH2 and Oxidizer. But The ICPS Cryogenic Propellant Assembly is the only tank(as far as I can tell) and can only have one of those(LH2 or Oxidizer). Am I missing something?

a05e5790c9ee7339448eac4c01556626.png

Ok. I believe it is something to do with the B9PartSwitch. It doesn't have an option for LH2 and Oxidizer. Only has them individually. This applies to all of the fuel tanks, not just this one

Any Ideas?

Edited by Brains001

1 hour ago, Brains001 said:

Ok. I believe it is something to do with the B9PartSwitch. It doesn't have an option for LH2 and Oxidizer. Only has them individually. This applies to all of the fuel tanks, not just this one

Any Ideas?

Sounds like an issue with your installation.  The SLS tanks should have an option for LH2/Ox.

17 hours ago, Brains001 said:

Thanks

Is SC-C-CM-IVA as @davidy12 stated.

Thank you all for your help. I was able to narrow down the culprit. It was KSP Interstellar. Made a tweak to CryoTanksFuelTankSwitcher.cfg to include LH2/O and it's sorted. I do realise this is not a good way to fix it but I don't really know how to do it properly

A suggestion is that you could add the American Orion 606 from constellation into the mod as a option with the circular solar panels. I would like this because there are currently no mods that do this and i think redirect in my opinion is one the best newest mods out there. You could also add parts for a Ares V and an altair lander and rover but that may be to much.

2 hours ago, Jim123 said:

A suggestion is that you could add the American Orion 606 from constellation into the mod as a option with the circular solar panels. I would like this because there are currently no mods that do this and i think redirect in my opinion is one the best newest mods out there. You could also add parts for a Ares V and an altair lander and rover but that may be to much.

I mean, Near Future has some great circular panels. Also, you can make an Ares V easily with the mod.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

I mean, Near Future has some great circular panels. Also, you can make an Ares V easily with the mod.

Okay ive tried there panels there to small and not the right shape. Ill try working on a Ares V with the mod ive had a little trouble with it but i haven't been doing it to much since ive been playing a lot with the shuttle but ill give a try thank you:)

7 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Benjee10 isn t adding anything new to this mod AFAIK

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Would be cool to an extendable version of the docking port.

I would also love this to become a thing.

5 hours ago, davidy12 said:

You mean like an active/passive docking port?

Looks like it would be active/passive, but all I want is this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:APAS-95_active_side.jpg

13 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

I would also love this to become a thing.

Looks like it would be active/passive, but all I want is this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:APAS-95_active_side.jpg

I think BDB includes an 0.9375 stockalike APAS called the CADS, complete with extending capture rings...

3 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

That's it! Something like what's used on Shuttle and Crew Dragon.

Shuttle uses APAS-95 while Crew Dragon uses the new International Docking Adapter or IBDM for short 

I’m waiting for that stockalike Boeing parts to release so I have the Adaptor that goes on the end of the PMA to convert APAS-95 to IBDM

4 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Shuttle uses APAS-95 while Crew Dragon uses the new International Docking Adapter or IBDM for short 

I’m waiting for that stockalike Boeing parts to release so I have the Adaptor that goes on the end of the PMA to convert APAS-95 to IBDM

Honestly, It'd be sick to have this mod's docking port, but with those extendable rods on the bottom. 

Spoiler

God I can't wait for that Starliner mod to release, It'll pair up perfectly with Tundra's Crew Dragon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.