[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

There is already a searchbar in this forum. But I did the work for you. Look at page 17 and you will find an answer.

it is broken 

idk why 

On 6/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, Drakenex said:

Trimmed SSTU folder containing:

• Petal adapter (ideal for SLS BIB)
  • Orion IVA
  • Full Fairing coloring support

Just 30.8 MB!

Requires TU

the link is broken 

7 hours ago, PSA said:

it is deleted can you give me the working one pls

As @hemeac says: it works and it is not deleted. I just tested it. You need to click to the download button and then wait. If its not working for you then it must be a problem with your browser or something.

11 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

As @hemeac says: it works and it is not deleted. I just tested it. You need to click to the download button and then wait. If its not working for you then it must be a problem with your browser or something.

ok it works so where should i put it on redirect's File?

Edited by PSA

On 5/14/2020 at 10:55 PM, Drakenex said:

only the "SC-B-CM-IVA" folder is required, then you have to create a MM patch (a text file with cfg extension) with:

@PART[DIRECT_Orion]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  SC-C-CM-IVA
    }
}

@PSA You will want to put the SSTU folder in Gamedata folder and create a patch with the code above to connect the SSTU internal with the Orion

so i will  Put the SSTU folder in my KSP gamdata and create A patch and put it in the Ksp Gamdata folder 

6 minutes ago, PSA said:

so i will  Put the SSTU folder in my KSP gamdata and create A patch and put it in the Ksp Gamdata folder 

Edited by PSA

7 hours ago, Souptime said:

In the gamedata folder it has community resource pack, does this mean it doesnt use liquid fuel and oxidizer? and if so is there a patch to remove the new fuels and use the stock system?

Nope. The orange tanks added use liquid hydrogen and oxidizer. There is not a patch to change this, nor would one make sense, as the parts are balanced to use the less dense liquid hydrogen. Some of your posts elsewhere have mentioned not using CRP because of lag, however, CRP WILL NOT CAUSE LAG. It's just text files with RESOURCE_DEFINITIONs, a feature of the stock game. So no plugins, no assets. Totally lag-safe.

Just now, Souptime said:

Anyone?

You don't have to do that. It's been less than half a day and no replies later, so assume someone will get to it.

9 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:
2 hours ago, Souptime said:

Anyone?

You don't have to do that. It's been less than half a day and no replies later, so assume someone will get to it.

I was just wondering if anyone was around, regarding my question or not

On 10/24/2020 at 9:47 PM, Souptime said:

I was just wondering if anyone was around, regarding my question or not

No, there is no patch that allows you to remove the fuels so it works with the stock system. This mod is meant for the JNSQ planet pack and rescale; however, this still works in the stock game but it will kind of be OP. To make it more stock accessible just remove certain amount of fuels in the tanks to get the amount of ∆v you are looking for. 

11 hours ago, unwisechart17 said:

No, there is no patch that allows you to remove the fuels so it works with the stock system. This mod is meant for the JNSQ planet pack and rescale; however, this still works in the stock game but it will kind of be OP. To make it more stock accessible just remove certain amount of fuels in the tanks to get the amount of ∆v you are looking for. 

Waitwaitwait, this ios meant for JNSQ? i never saw that in the original page

15 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Waitwaitwait, this ios meant for JNSQ? i never saw that in the original page

No, it`s not meant specifically for JNSQ. But it`s overpowered for a stock scale system because Stock-Parts are overpowered too. So it works well in an upscaled world like JNSQ.

Hi! I have a question regarding the Orion capsule's parachute system.

The Orion capsule has a part (I forgot what it was called) which goes right on top of the main capsule itself. It says in the description that I can use any parachute I want, but I'm wondering how I can place/attach the parachute of my choice. (Basically, where and/or how do I put a parachute of my choice onto the Orion capsule).

Thank you!

1 hour ago, AeroSky said:

Hi! I have a question regarding the Orion capsule's parachute system.

The Orion capsule has a part (I forgot what it was called) which goes right on top of the main capsule itself. It says in the description that I can use any parachute I want, but I'm wondering how I can place/attach the parachute of my choice. (Basically, where and/or how do I put a parachute of my choice onto the Orion capsule).

Thank you!

Just attach the parachutes directly to capsule, underneath where the forward cover goes. Then you can stage the cover and the parachutes at the same time. 

18 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Just attach the parachutes directly to capsule, underneath where the forward cover goes. Then you can stage the cover and the parachutes at the same time. 

I have already tested it, and it works! Thank you very much!

Also, I have a question about the Ares I (I got the design from Bluedog Design Bureau's wiki). Whenever I launch it, the rocket starts wobbling a lot, specifically around the adaptor between the first and second stage and the Orion capsule itself. I have already tried autostruting the parts to the heaviest part and turning on rigid attachment, but none of them resolve the problem. Is there a workaround for this? (Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, perhaps?)

Thank you!

P.S.  HabTech2, reDIRECT and SOCK are amazing mods! Keep up the good work!

48 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

I have already tested it, and it works! Thank you very much!

Also, I have a question about the Ares I (I got the design from Bluedog Design Bureau's wiki). Whenever I launch it, the rocket starts wobbling a lot, specifically around the adaptor between the first and second stage and the Orion capsule itself. I have already tried autostruting the parts to the heaviest part and turning on rigid attachment, but none of them resolve the problem. Is there a workaround for this? (Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, perhaps?)

Thank you!

P.S.  HabTech2, reDIRECT and SOCK are amazing mods! Keep up the good work!

Try autostrutting the booster, adapter, and fuel tanks to the root part. With proper autostrutting there shouldn't be any wobble at all. If that doesn't work there may be an issue somewhere.

6 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Try autostrutting the booster, adapter, and fuel tanks to the root part. With proper autostrutting there shouldn't be any wobble at all. If that doesn't work there may be an issue somewhere.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it out and see if it works!

Once more, thank you so much for the assistance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.