[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

4 hours ago, dozzzz02 said:

Hmmm, so which one is the best of the 2 then? Unless you mean they do completely different things

This mod is best for keeping a stock-alike look and scale, and is nicely balanced for stock and 2.5x scale solar system. 

Sobol’s mod has models that fit better with Realism Overhaul, and the parts themselves are sized up and adjusted for use in 10x solar system. They will be massively overpowered for stock. 

4 hours ago, lemon cup said:

This mod is best for keeping a stock-alike look and scale, and is nicely balanced for stock and 2.5x scale solar system. 

Sobol’s mod has models that fit better with Realism Overhaul, and the parts themselves are sized up and adjusted for use in 10x solar system. They will be massively overpowered for stock. 

Wait, so you're telling me the default config for Sobol's SLS part pack is 10x? Not just simply some extra configuration you can activate?

Edited by dozzzz02

5 hours ago, dozzzz02 said:

Wait, so you're telling me the default config for Sobol's SLS part pack is 10x? Not just simply some extra configuration you can activate?

It’s been a while since I’ve used it but I believe so. And to be clear, Sobol’s parts aren’t 10 times normal size, they are scaled up in size to match their real-world diameter, so the core stage is 8.4m whereas in ReDIRECT it matches the “kerbalized” Size 4 tank (5m) diameter. Which is what you want if you are playing in stock or 2.5x solar systems, and using other stock-alike parts.

There could be a config somewhere in Sobol’s mod to Kerbal-size the parts but you’d have to ask in that thread.

Edited by lemon cup

On 12/20/2020 at 7:22 AM, dozzzz02 said:

Also, what is the difference between this mod and the SLS Basic Part Pack?

That mod only contains SLS parts as far as I can see. This one contains Shuttle, SLS, Jupiter and Ares parts, but a smaller selection of SLS parts compared to the other one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 5:39 AM, lemon cup said:

In this thread we pretend SLS and Orion are viable vehicles worth using, please let us continue that fantasy! ;.;

:D

In a sense they are :) Its the politics that kills them.  If NASA build the falcon heavy tomorrow it would cost 1 billion to launch. 

Edited by dave1904

How Exactly do you install the SSTU IVA for Orion.

I have Textures Unlimited, and I put the file that people linked in my game data but it hasn’t worked.

I heard people say about writing a module manager patch I think, but I have legitimately no clue how to do that.

It would be an Enormous help if someone told me exactly how to do it and if there is a patch needed, be able to write one.

I know it’s asking a lot so I’m Sorry.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

You need to install the newest version of B9, not the included version. That`s all.

well...I'm dumb lol!

thanks!

Update: It still didn't help work, I keep getting B9 part switch "serious errors" and I still can't put both in the tank, only one or the other, It only has oxidizer

Edited by Giancarlo Kerman
update

53 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

Does anyone know how to get IVA for Orion capsule?!

Sorry, My bad! Actually everything is explained on page 22 by @hemeac in how to get IVA for Orion capsule!

@Ollz all you need is SSTU and TU and a patch file on page 22 to get an IVA for Orion capsule

Get SSTU in Gamedata folder and make a .cfg file of the patch given:

@PART[DIRECT_Orion]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  SC-C-CM-IVA
    }
}

Name it "XYZ".cfg and place it in your KSP Gamedata, That's it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.