[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

On 4/1/2021 at 10:30 PM, Naeth Kerman said:

Cryo Engines adds a J-2X

which J-2X?   The REAL ones (there are 4 REAL J-2X engines after all!) or the completely un-related to the J-2 engine from the 2000s Constellation program that should never have been named J-2X!

J-2X Airmat is in BDB  As J-2X un-suprisingly

J-2X Toroidal (also known as the J-2T) is in BDB in it's base 250klbf size (it was also designed as a 200klbf and a 400klbf engine!) (tested in 1969? I think)  In BDB as the J-2T engine.   in BDB Extras as J-2T-400K engine

J-2X Liniar Aerospike:  Also known as the J-2L and latter it's descendant was the XRS-2200...   Is sort of in the Wildblue X-33  by Angel125.   Initial J-2L was tested in 1972 or 1973 I think.   never run up to full thrust.   XRS-2200 WAS run up to full thrust in the late 1990s

Oh, and here is a picture of one of the last FIRED real J-2X:

Twin_Linear_Aerospike_XRS-2200_Engine_PL

(And yes, when I say real I mean it is a Saturn Era J-2 engine design and not another engine with the same name!  That is an OG J-2S engine feeding a Linear aerospike instead of a bell!)

J-2X Aerobell has not been made by any mod creator. (it is Just a J-2S with an extendable Bell much like the RL10B-2)

Oh and sorry if this sounds Angry or confrontational.   I don't have an issue with anyone in the KSP community....    I have a problem with companies creating misleading names to white-wash their own history and confusing people who don't actively study their history.

Edited by Pappystein

Hi, I have a problem with the Viking engine, when I attach it, the editor breaks:
- Attach nodes disappearing
- The engine disappears from the ship
-I can't save the ship
-I can't get out of VAB
Someone had a similar problem?
I am playing on version 1.11.2

12 hours ago, Kakub said:

Hi, I have a problem with the Viking engine, when I attach it, the editor breaks:
- Attach nodes disappearing
- The engine disappears from the ship
-I can't save the ship
-I can't get out of VAB
Someone had a similar problem?
I am playing on version 1.11.2

The version of Benjee10 Shared Assets bundled with this mod is outdated , you need to get it from Habtech2 or SOCK

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, davide96 said:

hi all guys, i have installed real fuels, and real fuels stock alike, is there a configuration for real fuels?? I can't use these thanks because i can't modify the fuel contained.

or if there is a mod that permit to do so thanks!

I am using cryoTanks, that adds a management for the selection of fuels. There might be other mods, but that is the one I know.

The orion docking port doesn't seem to work. 
It seems to have 2 variants (with identical names)

But I'm not sure if I should use the normal- berthing combination or normal-normal.

edit: C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism 

Edited by editor99

11 minutes ago, editor99 said:

The orion docking port doesn't seem to work. 
It seems to have 2 variants (with identical names)

But I'm not sure if I should use the normal- berthing combination or normal-normal.

edit: C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism 

Delete Benjee10_sharedAssets and reinstall it from a more recent B10 mod (like Planetside Exploration), the more bare-bones looking port should be deprecated now. Use the bulkier one with more part switch options, that's the new one.

so there's no real reason to have the SCR extended?

i mean, if you have to retract it just like irl anyways, or else you can't connect, then couldn't you just not extend it and just go in for the docking without it?

Edited by CollectingSP

19 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

so there's no real reason to have the SCR extended?

i mean, if you have to retract it just like irl anyways, or else you can't connect, then couldn't you just not extend it and just go in for the docking without it?

you can, the soft capture ring is just a sort of bumper/alignment guide. 

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Delete Benjee10_sharedAssets and reinstall it from a more recent B10 mod (like Planetside Exploration), the more bare-bones looking port should be deprecated now. Use the bulkier one with more part switch options, that's the new one.

So the  more thinner one isn't compatible with the  bulkier one with the capture ring? I already have habtech2, it comes with an newer shared assets folder. I was trying to dock with the SCR extended, that might be the problem idk, I'll try with out it enabled when I can.

if the SCR is extended on docking, it won't *connect* until the SCR is retracted. irl this is referred to as "contact", and then "Capture"

22 minutes ago, editor99 said:

So the  more thinner one isn't compatible with the  bulkier one with the capture ring? I already have habtech2, it comes with an newer shared assets folder. I was trying to dock with the SCR extended, that might be the problem idk, I'll try with out it enabled when I can.

Edited by CollectingSP

35 minutes ago, editor99 said:

The thinner one is depreciated and should not be used

1 hour ago, editor99 said:

The thinner one shouldn't even be there, it's been deprecated. Folder structure changed between updates, so that's why it wasn't overwritten

People, there is no rule against asking about mod updates. It's only a problem if it's rudely stated or excessively repeated. And even if there was a rule against asking for mod updates, people posting to scold the asker contribute nothing to the discussion. 

Some posts have been removed. 

2 hours ago, Kakub said:

0yZlLPf.png

Hello guys. Anyone know how to fix it?

Looks like an incorrectly configured waterfall plume. ReDIRECT doesn't support Waterfall currently so you must have something else adding Waterfall configs. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.