[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Looks like an incorrectly configured waterfall plume. ReDIRECT doesn't support Waterfall currently so you must have something else adding Waterfall configs. 

@benjee10That`s correct, there is no Waterfall support in ReDirect. But there is a patch in your Shared Assets for the KJ10. ;) I noticed this issue with waterfall too weeks ago but didn`t have the time to post it.

EDIT: I accidentally left out an important piece of info - I'm running on 1.11, with the 1.11 version of Benjee10_sharedAssets. Looks like the node placement on the C-100 docking port was updated.

Hiya! I tried assembling the Orion crew capsule with LAS and shroud, and I think I'm either doing something wrong, or there's a small offset.  From top to bottom, I've assembled it as:
LAS-120 Launch Abort System
C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism
Mk2-3 Pod Forward Service Cone
Mk2-3 Command Pod
Heat Shield (3.125m)
Mk2-3 Pod Decoupling Avionics Ring

Here's a screenshot to demonstrate what I'm seeing:
gzvK16D.png

And without shroud, if it's helpful:
gcQV0mL.png

Edited by Coriform

1 hour ago, Coriform said:

Hiya! I tried assembling the Orion crew capsule with LAS and shroud, and I think I'm either doing something wrong, or there's a small offset. 

Looks like the new APAS docking port has a slightly higher node than the old one, so when you attach the LAS it's not quite flush.

If memory serves, the bottom portion of the LAS skirt does not have colliders. So you can simply use the Offset/Move Tool* to nudge the LAS down and clip it a few inches into the decoupler/avionics ring, or wherever you see fit. 

*Attach the LAS to the docking port, then press "2" on the keypad to switch to the Offset/Move Tool and click the LAS. Use the arrows to drag the LAS down to where it sits flush or slightly clipped.*

10 hours ago, lemon cup said:

Looks like the new APAS docking port has a slightly higher node than the old one, so when you attach the LAS it's not quite flush.

This was it. I forgot to mention that I'm on 1.11 and using (mostly) 1.11 mods, including the latest Benjee10_sharedAssets.  The node placement for the C-100 docking port has been updated.

So I'm having an issue where I can't properly set the contents of the tanks (running version 1.11.2), I can only set to a single fuel rather than fuel/oxidizer, and it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue? Is this an incompatibility issue? The only mods I can think of that could be causing an issue is Cryo Engines and maybe Interstellar Fuel Switch?

Edited by Watchboy52

1 hour ago, Watchboy52 said:

So I'm having an issue where I can't properly set the contents of the tanks (running version 1.11.2), I can only set to a single fuel rather than fuel/oxidizer, and it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue? Is this an incompatibility issue? The only mods I can think of that could be causing an issue is Cryo Engines and maybe Interstellar Fuel Switch?

IFS is not compatible with Cryoengines , you will try uninstall it

11 hours ago, davide96 said:

Hi all, i have created  the patch file (following the instructions at page 17) but the iva does not show why??

Thanks a lot!

Davide

Did you download and copy SSTU to your GameData?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I didn't see any replies to this, and am having the same issue myself. Any advice for not having the capsule tumble end over end?

Not sure what "working properly" in that case means. It is pulling the capsule away from the rocket, so seems to work.
If you want to have it more stable, you probably need to edit the part to first initiate some srb angled to move away from the rocket, than straight for a flight path. Also you could try to have fins down at the capsule, see if that helps.

2 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

Not sure what "working properly" in that case means.

It means not tumbling end over end. The "activate engine" action ignites 4 thrusters facing downward, and two thrusters facing sideways, so it flips several times and doesn't pull the capsule away very far due to losing so much energy from flipping, due to the sideways thrusters. Other people are not seeing this when used from the launch pad? I can make a video if need be.

20 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

It means not tumbling end over end. The "activate engine" action ignites 4 thrusters facing downward, and two thrusters facing sideways, so it flips several times and doesn't pull the capsule away very far due to losing so much energy from flipping, due to the sideways thrusters. Other people are not seeing this when used from the launch pad? I can make a video if need be.

I have that as well, but in all situation it worked to rescue the Kerbals. It does not look nice, but works. But as I said, if that needs/wants change, either benjee needs to update it or you can edit the configs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.