[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

Hello, i have a question about the SRBs exhaust as it doesn't appear in game, like you can see a super light shadow where its supposed to be but there's no flamey part coming out of it. Is this a recurrent error or is it maybe this mod conflicting with others cause i have quite a few,... The only one that i can think of is waterfall as maybe i have to download some configs maybe? 

Thanks

5 hours ago, sbiancio said:

Hello, i have a question about the SRBs exhaust as it doesn't appear in game, like you can see a super light shadow where its supposed to be but there's no flamey part coming out of it. Is this a recurrent error or is it maybe this mod conflicting with others cause i have quite a few,... The only one that i can think of is waterfall as maybe i have to download some configs maybe? 

Thanks

The SRBs in this mod use PlumeParty for their exhaust effects. So I'm guessing if you aren't seeing any plumes, it's because you don't have PlumeParty installed.

As far as the reDIRECT boosters go, even benjee has stated that the models look a bit a dated for his tastes and (along with most folks) recommends going with the mod "PhotonCorp" for your Shuttle-derived SRB needs.

These boosters have RealPlume support, and also some in-progress Waterfall/RealPlume hybrid configs in the mod "SRB Waterfall Effects"

ahhhhh ok thank you so much that's what i thought, i had PlumeParty installed but i deleted it cause i was sure it would be in conflict with waterfall, good to know tho.

Also about the other mod, i saw it and downloaded it but it kinda "broke" a lot of stuff, like i was going to try the parts in sandbox and while checking the default rockets a lot of them couldn't be loaded for missing parts, that disappered only after i installed Photon Corp so i have mixed feelings about the mod haha

On 3/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, GoldForest said:

Ah, well, just thought I'd ask about requesting it. I do really like this mod and wish it would get an official SLS. Orion feels kind of naked without it imo. But I understand if you don't want to do it. There are already other mods that replica SLS, but I feel your mod is the best out of the three that exist, especially since one of them is meant only for RSS/2.5. 

As for your fuel and engine problem, I feel mono would-be best way to go instead of LFO. Having both LFO and Mono is a pain since LFO is so heavy. Going with only Mono would be heavy in itself, yes, but It would beneficial since Orion is meant to go all the way to the Moon/Mun, so having extra mono to course correct would be a great benefit.

However, if you were to use only mono you couldn't use the AJ-10 in reDirect, therefor meaning it would need to be converted to Monoprop (highly unrealistic because it ran off of Aerozene50 and N2O4) and not Hydrazine and a catalyst. Also SOCK would need to be completely reconfigured because the oms now uses a different fuel.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:57 PM, benjee10 said:

Happy SLS rollout day (feels strange to have finally reached it)! 

To celebrate I have been creating a revamped Orion spacecraft. I was hoping to have it ready for today, but as always real life had other ideas.
Still, here are a few in-progress shots of what you can expect (art is not yet final):

KWPUNoE.png

sXKXnAS.png

Dp9a1KJ.png

Featuring white, black & reflective foil variants. 

This is a ground up remake of the entire spacecraft, so it won't be a drop-in replacement for the existing parts. The current plan is to split Orion out into a separate mod. At this point I don't intend to update anything else in reDIRECT & don't want to create an expectation to do so, and also don't want to tie people into using the very memory intensive reDIRECT orange tank parts if they'd prefer to use another mod. 

The plan is to include the Orion spacecraft, as well as abort tower and adapters to various standard sizes. Custom parachutes will also be included. The AJ10 engine is also getting a revamp, finally with emissive textures & a higher level of detail. 

JClzQkg.png

Breaking Ground users will also be able to adjust the sweep of the solar arrays, just like on the real spacecraft!

RorzUSZ.png

No ETA for release yet but I will keep you all posted. 

this.looks.too.cool. (also happy that the aj10 is getting a revamp)

On 3/19/2022 at 4:28 PM, lemon cup said:

It seems like the majority of the top-tier mods (BDB, Tantares, etc) have reached the consensus that service-type engines, running on hypergolic fuels like UDMH or MMH, should be represented by the "LFO" resource. A particular example would be all of the half-dozen+ AJ-10 variants found in BDB. I think this is partially because LFO does a better job representing the mass/volume ratio of modern hypergols. The "Monopropellant" resource is a bit too energy-dense for service engines I think.

Another point, if the AJ10-190 ran on Monoprop, it would no longer be compatible with SOCK!

I am a fan of how Tantares handles it, where the engines AND RCS thrusters all run on LFO

You could add a B9 Part switch to the Orion RCS thrusters with the option for them to run on Monoprop, should anyone like to use them on other craft in a more traditional way...! 

2 hours ago, PokeWasTaken said:

However, if you were to use only mono you couldn't use the AJ-10 in reDirect, therefor meaning it would need to be converted to Monoprop (highly unrealistic because it ran off of Aerozene50 and N2O4) and not Hydrazine and a catalyst. Also SOCK would need to be completely reconfigured because the oms now uses a different fuel.

It would also be incompatible with the AJ-10s in BDB.

3 hours ago, PokeWasTaken said:

I second that it should stick with the engine being LFO and the oms monoprop. That'll mean that it'll smoothly convert to hypergolics when you're using my suite of mods (either SSS or the smaller hypergolic support patch I may or may not be planning to release.)

On 3/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, cameronisher3 said:

Thank you for your response!

I guess a follow-up request would be a Rainstorm revamp since at 5m unfortunately RMM is not properly compatible. 

Ive made a custom config that completely overhauls the RMM SSME (rescale to be slightly more in scale with SOCK, fixed the waterfall scale because of the new rescale, and corrected the thrust to match) so there is a way to make RMM compatible

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 4:58 PM, TonyC said:

Has a Kerbalism config been made ? I might try to learn how to make one if not

On 8/15/2021 at 7:49 PM, chris-kerbal said:

It works with the standard Kerbalism config already pretty good. I created a shuttle and orion config, so resources on board are more realistic.

Hey @TonyC and @chris-kerbal,

from where can I get your Kerbalism configs?

(And did you try them with Rational Resources?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, N3N said:

Hey @chris-kerbal,

Not yet.

Do you still have your configs and if yes, could you please share them with me?

Just know, that I have JNSQ + Kerbalism + Rational Resources, hence sizing of supplies is matched on that (length of day).

I hope I picked the right configs. ;-D

Spoiler

So this would be Orion Service module:

@PART[DIRECT_orion_ServiceModule]:NEEDS[reDIRECT,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 18000
		%maxAmount = 18000
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 2500
		%maxAmount = 2500
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 130
		%maxAmount = 130
	}
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 67
		%maxAmount = 67
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 130
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 67
	}
}

@PART[DIRECT_Orion]:NEEDS[reDIRECT]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleInventoryPart
		InventorySlots = 3
		packedVolumeLimit = 200
	}
}

This is the regular crew capsules adapted:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[KerbalSeat],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]
{
  %RESOURCE[Food]
  {
    %amount = 1.35 // 5 days stock
    %maxAmount = 1.35
    @amount *= #$../CrewCapacity$
    @maxAmount *= #$../CrewCapacity$
  }

%RESOURCE[Water]
  {
    %amount = 0.7 // 5 days stock
    %maxAmount = 0.7
  }

%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
  {
    %amount = 187 // 5 days stock
    %maxAmount = 187
  }
}

And the shuttle

@PART[benjee10_shuttle_forwardFuselage]:NEEDS[Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 5250
		%maxAmount = 5250
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 4500
		%maxAmount = 4500
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 38
		%maxAmount = 38
	}
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 20
		%maxAmount = 20
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 38
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 20
	}
}

Aaaannd probably not belonging here, but goes well with Shuttle, ISS -> Tantares configs:

@PART[hamal_orbital_module_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:BEFORE[KerbalismDefault]
{
	!CrewCapacity = 1
}

@PART[hamal_orbital_module_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 35461
		%maxAmount = 35461
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 39968
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 1943
		%maxAmount = 1943
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 2133
	}
}

@PART[hamal_avionics_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 420
		%maxAmount = 420
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 398
	}
	%RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
	{
		%amount = 99
		%maxAmount = 99
	}
	%RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
	{
		%amount = 121
		%maxAmount = 121
	}
}

@PART[tantares_orbital_module_s1_3]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Electricity]
	{
		%amount = 30
		%maxAmount = 30
	}
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 8
		%maxAmount = 8
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 16
		%maxAmount = 16
	}
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 2250
		%maxAmount = 2250
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 2500
		%maxAmount = 2500
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 8
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 16
	}
}

Edited by chris-kerbal

8 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

Just know, that I have JNSQ + Kerbalism + Rational Resources, hence sizing of supplies is matched on that (length of day).

I hope I picked the right configs. ;-D

Reveal hidden contents

So this would be Orion Service module:

@PART[DIRECT_orion_ServiceModule]:NEEDS[reDIRECT,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 18000
		%maxAmount = 18000
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 2500
		%maxAmount = 2500
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 130
		%maxAmount = 130
	}
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 67
		%maxAmount = 67
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 130
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 67
	}
}

@PART[DIRECT_Orion]:NEEDS[reDIRECT]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleInventoryPart
		InventorySlots = 3
		packedVolumeLimit = 200
	}
}

This is the regular crew capsules adapted:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[KerbalSeat],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]
{
  %RESOURCE[Food]
  {
    %amount = 1.35 // 5 days stock
    %maxAmount = 1.35
  }

%RESOURCE[Water]
  {
    %amount = 0.7 // 5 days stock
    %maxAmount = 0.7
  }

%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
  {
    %amount = 187 // 5 days stock
    %maxAmount = 187
  }
}

And the shuttle

@PART[benjee10_shuttle_forwardFuselage]:NEEDS[Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 5250
		%maxAmount = 5250
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 4500
		%maxAmount = 4500
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 38
		%maxAmount = 38
	}
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 20
		%maxAmount = 20
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 38
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 20
	}
}

Aaaannd probably not belonging here, but goes well with Shuttle, ISS -> Tantares configs:

@PART[hamal_orbital_module_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:BEFORE[KerbalismDefault]
{
	!CrewCapacity = 1
}

@PART[hamal_orbital_module_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 35461
		%maxAmount = 35461
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 39968
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 1943
		%maxAmount = 1943
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 2133
	}
}

@PART[hamal_avionics_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 420
		%maxAmount = 420
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 398
	}
	%RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
	{
		%amount = 99
		%maxAmount = 99
	}
	%RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
	{
		%amount = 121
		%maxAmount = 121
	}
}

@PART[tantares_orbital_module_s1_3]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
	%RESOURCE[Electricity]
	{
		%amount = 30
		%maxAmount = 30
	}
	%RESOURCE[Water]
	{
		%amount = 8
		%maxAmount = 8
	}
	%RESOURCE[Food]
	{
		%amount = 16
		%maxAmount = 16
	}
	%RESOURCE[Oxygen]
	{
		%amount = 2250
		%maxAmount = 2250
	}
	%RESOURCE[Nitrogen]
	{
		%amount = 2500
		%maxAmount = 2500
	}
	%RESOURCE[WasteWater]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 8
	}
	%RESOURCE[Waste]
	{
		%amount = 0
		%maxAmount = 16
	}
}

Hey @chris-kerbal,

Thank you!

I will try this new configs tomorrow.

I have JNSQ + Kerbalism + RR, too.

Do you have other cool patches/configs for JNSQ + Kerbalism + RR? ;)

5 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey @chris-kerbal,

Thank you!

I will try this new configs tomorrow.

I have JNSQ + Kerbalism + RR, too.

Do you have other cool patches/configs for JNSQ + Kerbalism + RR? ;)

I think the KNES ATV ones you should know. Most of the stuff I did was adapting around ISS missions and build, to have realistic time frames. Unrelated to Kerbalism, I build a patch to put moveable cameras in the new camera masts of benjee. It is really cool to have moveable cameras with zoom in the original positions, but it is more for playing around. Will post them over in the habtech thread.

2 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

I think the KNES ATV ones you should know. Most of the stuff I did was adapting around ISS missions and build, to have realistic time frames. Unrelated to Kerbalism, I build a patch to put moveable cameras in the new camera masts of benjee. It is really cool to have moveable cameras with zoom in the original positions, but it is more for playing around. Will post them over in the habtech thread.

Hey @chris-kerbal,

Thank you!

And yes, thank you for this KNES ATV configs:

3 hours ago, donnager fan said:

are there any reDIRECT Waterfall Configs?

If so, can i have a link?

Not that I know of. you would need to search the thread if someone posted any. Out of my experience PlumeParty looks better for SRBs, as the smoke is much heavier. Might be able to configure that with waterfall as well, but all I've seen was too little for my feeling.

7 hours ago, donnager fan said:

are there any reDIRECT Waterfall Configs?

If so, can i have a link?

This mod provides configs for the SRBs but you also need real plume. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.