[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

13 hours ago, Luke Pat said:

Where can I download the WIP Orion mod?

It's not on the forums yet, so you have to go to benjee10's profile on github. Go to github.com/benjee10 (or search "benjee10 github" on google), then click on the repositories tab. Benjee10_Orion is the WIP Orion mod you want. Click that, then click the green "Code" button, and click "Download ZIP". Then you just download it like a regular mod. Keep in mind that the SLS vehicle isn't included, only parts relating to Orion.

Wow I didn't know Orion was available on github. Gave her a try yesterday and oh my god.

That's the prettiest Orion Ive ever seen. Was a nice ride for original four. Absolutely love the short service module, this will be my go to crew capsule.

The inclusion of single parachutes is also very nice.

Now I'll go and learn the RCS placement.

Different question. The 3.125m > 5m payload adapter is too short to place without clipping the RL10 through the core stage tank. Is there a shroud/avionics ring or anything I'm missing so I can get the clearance?

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2022 at 10:13 AM, nothingSpecial said:

I found a small oversight. The 3.125m structural adapter's description states that it's size is 2.5m, the same as, wrll, 2.5m adapter.

Wait how the hell did I post that in the wrong thread??

It was, obviously, about ACK's adapter.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CMDR Skittles said:

Im having trouble with the 5m external fuel tank for the shuttle. Im unable to use a fuel switch to use hyrdox. It currently will only either run hydrogen or oxidiser

That sounds like a mod conflict. Post your ksp.log and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

2 hours ago, CMDR Skittles said:

Im having trouble with the 5m external fuel tank for the shuttle. Im unable to use a fuel switch to use hyrdox. It currently will only either run hydrogen or oxidiser

Sounds like you have Interstellar Fuel Switch. The current version is bugged in 1.12.3. Don't use IFS if you are in 1.12.3. Use cyrotanks or another up to date fuel switcher. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, iamtherealjebadaiah said:

idk how to manually install, ive checked finder (finder is file explorer for mac) lots of times, i can never find my gamedata folder

does this work in 1.12.4?

Never used a mac before in my life. You'll have to find a tutorial on Youtube. Manually installing mods is easy, there is no need for CKAN.

And yes it works in the latest version of KSP.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:31 PM, iamtherealjebadaiah said:

hey, is this availible on ckan? because i want to install this

Depending upon which craft you want to make with reDIRECT, you could install Artemis Construction Kit (also by @benjee10) instead, which is on CKAN.

It has Orion and SLS.

Edited by Teslamax

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.