Help me prioritize 76+ mod updates - Updated

Hi everybody,

I'm about ready to start updating all my mods.  Given that there are more than 130 of them, which includes mods I've written and mods I've adopted, I'm looking to prioritize the mods.

Look at the following list of mods, and post a message listing the top 3-4 that you feel should be done first.  I've already gotten a very nice request from someone who very  politely made a suggestion as to a mod.  It was nice enough that I decided to get feedback and try to prioritize it this way.

The spreadsheet below lists most of my mods.  The first column indicates whether it's been updated to use the ClickThroughController, the second column indicates whether it  has been updated with the Toolbar Controller.

If you feel very strongly about a mod, and really, really want it sooner, feel free to make a donation to me either via PayPal or Patreon, and indicate what you are interested in.  There is no requirement that anybody do so, but it would be an incentive for me to work on a specific mod.  Eventually all mods will be updated, except for one or two which have been superceded by the new features in 1.4.1.  All of the mods will work on stock, they will not require the DLC to run.

Donation Links

Some of my mods depend on other mods, obviously those won't be able to be updated until their dependencies have been satisified.

The following page will roughly track my progress:

Click Through Toolbar Controller Mod Name Mod Type
1 Y Y Anyres UI
2     Automated Screenshots Utility and Navigation
3     Bolt-On Screenshot System (BOSS) Continued Utility and Navigation
4     Career Manager Continued Gameplay
5     CCTV Parts
6     Champagne Bottle Gameplay
7   Y ConstantTWR Editor Tools
8     Crew R&R Gameplay
9     Critter Crawler Parts
10     Danger Alerts Gameplay
11     DangIt! Gameplay
12     Draft Twitch Viewers Utility and Navigation
13   Y EngineIgnitor Propulsion
14     EVA Enhancements Gameplay
15     EVA Fuel Continued Gameplay
16     EVA Handrails Parts
17     EVA Parachutes&Ejectors Gameplay
18     EvaFollower Command and Control
19     Extensive Engineer Report (includes ShipSections) Editor Tools
20     Flag Rotate Continued Misc
21     FMRS Gameplay
22     FTLDriveContinued Gameplay
23     FuseBox Continued Gameplay
24     HangerExtender Editor Tools
25 Y Y IFI Life Support Gameplay
26     ImageViewerContinued Utility and Navigation
27     Integrated Stack Decouplers Parts
28     JSIPartUtilties Misc
29     Kaptains Log Misc
30     Kartographer Utility and Navigation
31   Y KEI Gameplay
32     Kerbal Animation Suite Cont Misc
33     Kerbal HotSeat Gameplay
34     Kerbal Launch Failure Gameplay
35     Kerbal Object Inspector Development Tools
36     Kerbal Slingshotter Reslung Utility and Navigation
37     Kramax Autopilot Gameplay
38     Kronal Vessel Viewer Misc
39     KSP Casher Continued Gameplay
40     KSPLogger Misc
41     Kurrikane Parts
42     KWRocketry Redux (replaced by the Rebalanced) Parts
43     ManeuverQueue Utility and Navigation
44     NASA Countdown Clock Updated Misc
45     Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 Utility and Navigation
46     NavHud Renewed Command and Control
47     NEBULA Decals Continued Parts
48     NSS/OctoSat Parts
49     PartWizard Editor Tools
50     PersistentDynamicPodNames Gameplay
51     PicoPort4AllSizes Parts
52     Probe Control Room Command and Control
53     Quantum Struts Parts
54     QuizTechAeroPack Parts
55     Recovery Controller Misc
56     Recycled Parts Parts
57     Refocused Camera Focus Changer Visual
58     SelectableDataTransmitter Misc
59     SmartStage Editor Tools
60     State Funding Continued Gameplay
61     SXTContinued Parts
62     TAC Atomic Clock Irradiated Misc
63     Tac Self Destruct Continued Parts
64     TAC Sticky Controls Command and Control
65     TankLock Utility and Navigation
66     Throttle Limiter Extended Propulsion
67     Through The Eyes Command and Control
68     ToadicusTools Misc
69     TotalTime Utility and Navigation
70     TRP-Hire Gameplay
71     Tweakable Everything Gameplay
72     VaporVent Parts
73 n/a n/a VesselViewer Misc
74     VOID Utility and Navigation
75     Wernher Checker Continued Misc
76     YongeTech TechTrees Plugin Gameplay

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I guess I'd go with SXT first since it's parts and (uneducated assumption here) probably easier than the interactive ones.

AGX because it's so awesome.

SmartParts.

Honestly I'm not terribly concerned as I don't even have 1.4.1 yet, but I do have you set on a couple coffees a month (I don't know how much coffee is)

Editor Extensions Redux

Part Commander

CorrectCOL

Draft Twitch Viewers

TRP-Hire

KEI

FuseBox

Janitor's Closet

I respectfully put it to you that the gameplay mods like these are the most important. Parts-packs can wait, thanks in large part to the new Making History expansion pack. But a lot of the UI mods you maintain highly important for a lot of craft-builders' workflows. Hence why I put Editor Extensions Redux in italicized boldface. That one's right up there alongside RCS Build Aid in my short-list of the mods I most heavily depend on.

Edited by StevieC

Personally, I would love to see Kerbal Launch Failure and Editor Extensions updated for 1.4.1. I definitely miss Kerbal Launch Failure the most, as it goes along quite nicely with the feel of the Making History expansion, and makes launches much more interesting.

If it were me, I'd prioritize the easy ones!   Things that should be a simple 'click to compile'.  I'm a person who likes to see a to-do list get shorter... so if an afternoon or compiling the little easy ones got me from 130 to 40... that would be worth it to me.  

Do you see any reason to bother testing the parts only mods before certifying that they're 1.4.1 compliant?   If so, if you send me a list I'll download and test those for you?   I've got 1.4.1 downloaded and visual studio set up at the moment...  so if you want to ask for help chasing cc errors or strange behavior on a plugin or two, feel free to request it...  but honestly I do so little coding any more that it would take me a while to find my way around a mod I've never looked at before... so...  maybe start me off on the ones with pretty simple structure and good comments!  lol.  

28 minutes ago, artwhaley said:

If it were me, I'd prioritize the easy ones!   Things that should be a simple 'click to compile'.  I'm a person who likes to see a to-do list get shorter... so if an afternoon or compiling the little easy ones got me from 130 to 40... that would be worth it to me.  

Do you see any reason to bother testing the parts only mods before certifying that they're 1.4.1 compliant?   If so, if you send me a list I'll download and test those for you?   I've got 1.4.1 downloaded and visual studio set up at the moment...  so if you want to ask for help chasing cc errors or strange behavior on a plugin or two, feel free to request it...  but honestly I do so little coding any more that it would take me a while to find my way around a mod I've never looked at before... so...  maybe start me off on the ones with pretty simple structure and good comments!  lol.  

That would be great.  The only thing I was planning on doing with the parts-only mods was update the version file, but having someone else  test them would be nice.

Editor Extension Redux.

I tried a recompile for myself but got stuck on a couple of tricky argument casts in the strip symmetry extensions.

Thanks for the astounding amount of work you put into modding ksp.

Your github contributions board is a sea of green spanning four years.

Cheers.

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I vote for PatchManager since it's a prerequisite for https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6321.

Done this morning

12 hours ago, RedKraken said:

Editor Extension Redux.

I tried a recompile for myself but got stuck on a couple of tricky argument casts in the strip symmetry extensions.

Thanks for the astounding amount of work you put into modding ksp.

Your github contributions board is a sea of green spanning four years.

Cheers.

It's one of the least obvious ones to update, it's rather complicated since it depends on Linq offsets.  It requires at least three different recompiles to get the correct data

12 hours ago, Gargamel said:

LGG, you should possibly have done this as a poll, but that's a lot of typing..... 

I really didn't want to type in 120+ lines into the poll :D