Stephen Hawking has passed away

daniel l.

As a younger kid, I read about this man. How he has defied expectations of the disease that bound him to the ground, and helped humanity to the stars. Now he has passed into the next great adventure.

Mr. Hawking, I salute you. For your contributions to astrophysics and modern science, for your sheer raw intellect, but most of all, for your memorable strength and as a will and testament to the endurance of the human spirit.

May your atoms be shared through the cosmos.

REST IN THE STARS STEPHEN HAWKING 8 JAN 1942- MARCH 14 2018

[snip]

I'll just leave this BT advert here, if you're not familiar with it I *highly* suggest you give it a watch, it's as poignant today as it was when they were airing it.

R.I.P.

My condolences.

But given the conditions... perhaps it's best for him in the long run...

Edited by YNM
I didn't mean it's good he's gone, I meant it might be better that his struggle has finally come to an end.

Rest in peace Stephen Hawking.

Thank you for all your contributions to theoretical physics and astrophysics. May you rest in the stars, free from your shackles and godspeed.

Thank you for being my childhood hero.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.