[1.12.x] MissingHistory v1.9.3: Handy parts to complement Making History.

Snark

Redid the patches by UnanimousCoward for the most recent version of ReStock and ReStock plus. Also included a depreciated part remover, for those who don't want them in their advanced part filters (This will break crafts containing old parts).

ReStock Patch

Spoiler

//Patch for ReStock Texutures and Models by Noob. Written from the patch by UnanimousCoward

@PART[pointyNoseConeA_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock]{//depreciated part
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Structural/restock-nosecone-125-2
    }
}

@PART[pointyNoseConeB_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock]{//depreciated part
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Structural/restock-nosecone-125-2
    }
}

@PART[ServiceBay_187,ServiceBay_187_v2]:AFTER[ReStock]:NEEDS[MissingHistory]{//old version is depreciated
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Payload/restock-service-bay-125-1
    }

//copied directly from restock-service-bays.cfg

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
    {
        @animationName = DoorsOpen
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleSeeThroughObject]
    {
        @transformName = NewBay125
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePartVariants
        useMultipleDragCubes = false
        baseVariant = Opaque
        VARIANT
        {
            name = Opaque
            displayName = #LOC_Restock_variant-service-bay-opaque
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #ffffff
            GAMEOBJECTS
            {
                ServiceBay125_Opaque = true
                ServiceBay125 = false
                ServiceBay125_Transparent = false
                FloorColliders = true
            }
        }
        VARIANT
        {
            name = Transparent
            displayName = #LOC_Restock_variant-service-bay-transparent
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #999999
            GAMEOBJECTS
            {
                ServiceBay125_Opaque = false
                ServiceBay125 = false
                ServiceBay125_Transparent = true
                FloorColliders = true
            }
        }
        VARIANT
        {
            name = Hollow
            displayName = #LOC_Restock_variant-service-bay-hollow
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #000000
            GAMEOBJECTS
            {
                ServiceBay125_Opaque = false
                ServiceBay125 = true
                ServiceBay125_Transparent = false
                FloorColliders = false
            }
        }
    }
    //end copied material
}

@PART[probeStack_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock]{
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Command/restock-drone-core-125-1
    }
}

@PART[reactionWheel_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock&!IndicatorLights]{
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Control/restock-reactionwheel-125-1
    }
}

@PART[solidBooster_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock]{
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Engine/restock-engine-srb-thumper-1
    }
}

@PART[xenonTank_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock]{
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/FuelTank/restock-fueltank-xenon-125-1
    }
}

@PART[battery_1p5]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:NEEDS[ReStock&!IndicatorLights]{
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Electrical/restock-battery-125-1
    }
}

@PART[MediumOreTank]:AFTER[MissingHistory]:Needs[ReStock]{
    @MODEL {
        @model = ReStock/Assets/Resource/restock-oretank-125-1
    }
}

ReStock Plus Patch

Spoiler

//Patch for MissingHistory and ReStock by Noob. Written from the patch by UnanimousCoward
//just hides the MissingHistory Parts
@PART[liquidEngine303]:NEEDS[ReStockPlus]:AFTER[MissingHistory]{
  %TechHidden = True
  @category = none
  @subcategory = 0
}
@PART[liquidEngineT15]:NEEDS[ReStockPlus]:AFTER[MissingHistory]{
  %TechHidden = True
  @category = none
  @subcategory = 0
}
@PART[ServiceBay_187_v2]:NEEDS[ReStockPlus]:AFTER[MissingHistory]{
  %TechHidden = True
  @category = none 
  @subcategory = 0
}
@PART[MediumOreTank]:NEEDS[ReStockPlus]:AFTER[MissingHistory]{
  %TechHidden = True
  @category = none
  @subcategory = 0
}

Depreciated Part Remover (This will break crafts with old parts!)

Spoiler

//Missing History Obsolete Part Remover
//removes the hidden parts from missing history
!PART[pointyNoseConeA_1p5,pointyNoseConeB_1p5,Size3_Size2_Tank,nuclearEngineKANDL,ServiceBay_187]:NEEDS[MissingHistory]:AFTER[MissingHistory]{}

Just getting into module manager patching, if y'all notice anything i can improve/missed, let me know.

Edited by A lazy noob
Forgot the old service bay_187 in the depreciated part remover

• 1 month later...

@Snark I tested my career save in 1.10 this morning and found this. The 1.875m reaction wheel added by this mod appears to have broken - the model has reverted to 1.25m size (as you can see from the image comparing it with a 1.875m tank). As far as I can see all of its stats are the same.

O7DLLV3.png

It also has no reaction wheel status lights, but I'm inclined to think this isn't a fault of Indicator Lights as that mod was recently updated and every other part has its lights working fine. When I have time tomorrow I'll have to load up an install with only this mod and check whether this is a mod conflict or just 1.10 breaking Missing History - I didn't remember to do that today.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

On 7/2/2020 at 10:10 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

I tested my career save in 1.10 this morning and found this. The 1.875m reaction wheel added by this mod appears to have broken - the model has reverted to 1.25m size (as you can see from the image comparing it with a 1.875m tank).

Argh.  Yep, I've observed the same thing myself, now.

Sigh... one more thing to track down.  I suspect it has something to do with the relative order of patches between this mod and IndicatorLights.

Technobabble about what I suspect is causing this, in spoiler.

Spoiler

The latest version of IndicatorLights that I just released, 1.7 (for KSP 1.10 compatibility) adds :FOR directives to all its patches, in order to be more "virtuous" about following ModuleManager best practices.

However, in time-honored tradition, I'm guessing that this somehow causes the reaction wheel config to trip up, likely something about the relative order of patches being applied.  :(

I just now spent a few minutes futzing around trying to figure out how to cajole it back into working again, but no dice so far.  I expect the answer will be some combination of ModuleManager flags, but haven't yet hit on the magic combo.

Unless some kind soul out there can figure it out for me, solving this will have to wait at least a few days until I have more time to put into it.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  :(

@RealKerbal3x @Snark Okay, It's looking like a mod interaction with something. Someone with the problem, please post a log and your MM.ConfigCache. 

I don't see a problem in my test environment which is a minimal setup. I even wiped and reinstalled the mods off CKAN after I did not see a problem.

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_Toolbar
001_ToolbarControl
IndicatorLights
IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions
KerbalChangeLog
MissingHistory
NodeHelper
Squad
SquadExpansion
VABReorienter
ZeroMiniAVC
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

cjXJEZi.jpg

Edited by Tonka Crash

3 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@RealKerbal3x @Snark Okay, It's looking like a mod interaction with something. Someone with the problem, please post a log and your MM.ConfigCache. 

I don't see a problem in my test environment which is a minimal setup. I even wiped and reinstalled the mods off CKAN after I did not see a problem.

Reveal hidden contents

000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_Toolbar
001_ToolbarControl
IndicatorLights
IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions
KerbalChangeLog
MissingHistory
NodeHelper
Squad
SquadExpansion
VABReorienter
ZeroMiniAVC
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

cjXJEZi.jpg

Will do. Do you want me to post my mod list too?

@Snark @RealKerbal3x I was premature, CKAN for my machine finally showed a new version of IL and I'm now seeing the problem.

The fix is relatively simple, rewrite the entire IL half of the config and add a complete IL definition instead of assuming IL exists in the source part. 

The source part uses a mesh, so IL would add a model node and the full IL definition.  In the old version this happened before MH but once IL added :FOR directives this all moved.  The MH patch would try to apply scaling changes to the model node and light positions, but none of these nodes exist yet so these fail. The fix is to just add this info to the MH part definition. 

I create a PR for the fixed part

From the MM wiki:

1. Nodes with no operator ('insert') are loaded by the KSP GameDatabase first.
  2. Patches for modname values in NEEDS, BEFORE, AFTER, LAST that don't exist are removed.
  3. All patches with :FIRST are applied.
  4. All patches without an ordering directive (:FIRST, :BEFORE, :FOR, :AFTER, :LAST, :FINAL) are applied. (This is where this reaction wheel is created)
  5. For each item in the Unicode-sorted list of modname values:
    • All patches with :BEFORE are applied
    • All patches with :FOR are applied (This is where IL is patching the source part)
    • All patches with :AFTER are applied
  6. All patches with :LAST are applied
  7. All patches with :FINAL are applied
Edited by Tonka Crash

HI,

Also observed this same issue with the reaction wheel having the correct functional stats, but physical dimensions of 1.25

Posting acknowledgement here even though you guys already noticed because you guys have not mentioned the Z-2K battery. Yes, battery has same 1.25 dimensions issue.

Checked all the other parts, seemed fine...Just battery and reaction wheel.

Hi all,

Just a note that I've released MissingHistory v1.8.2.

No new features, just a compatibility update for KSP 1.10.  Changes include:

• Fix 1.875m reaction wheel and battery, whose IndicatorLights compatibility got broken.
  • Update ReStock+ compatibility.
  • Update to ModuleManager 4.1.4.

Many thanks to @Tonka Crash for tracking down how to fix the scaling problem, and for supplying the fix for the reaction wheel and ReStock+ compatibility.

Thanks also to @fragtzack, for pointing out the problem with the Z2K battery as well.  :)

Enjoy!

On 7/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, Snark said:

Fix 1.875m reaction wheel and battery

The reaction wheels go missing when ReStock is installed without ReStock+:

Spoiler

MODEL:NEEDS[ReStock] { // with ReStock use its 1.875 wheel
		model = ReStockPlus/Assets/Control/restock-reactionwheel-1875-1
		scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
	}

I use this workaround to fall back to the 1.25m model:

Spoiler

MODEL:NEEDS[!ReStock] { // without ReStock use stock 1.25 wheel
		model = Squad/Parts/Command/inlineAdvancedStabilizer/model
		scale = 1.5, 1, 1.5
	}
	MODEL:NEEDS[ReStockPlus] { // with ReStock+ use its 1.875 wheel
		model = ReStockPlus/Assets/Control/restock-reactionwheel-1875-1
		scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
	}
	MODEL:NEEDS[!ReStockPlus,ReStock] { // with ReStock use its 1.25 wheel
		model = ReStock/Assets/Control/restock-reactionwheel-125-1
		scale = 1.5, 1, 1.5
	}

Edited by HansAcker

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to point out that I forgot I had this mod installed because it fits in with vanilla so darn well, one of my favorites is the Palici pod for sure given its versatility, really wish it was just vanilla for the purposes of sharing craft easier. Also a fan of how the 1.875m parts unlock earlier in the tech tree before you get full access to 2.5m parts, makes for interesting designs when scaling back down to size 1.5 for tech reasons.

Much love keep up the good work, looking forward to any other content you add to the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

@Snark, I'm not sure that these are necessary anymore, but your Restock whitelist isn't properly whitelisting the Aero cones:

Spoiler

[LOG 16:31:14.016] [Restock] Reading whitelist MissingHistory/patches/MissingHistory.restockwhitelist
[ERR 16:31:14.018] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConeA.mu

[ERR 16:31:14.018] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConeB.mu

[ERR 16:31:14.018] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConesDiffuse*.dds

[ERR 16:31:14.019] [Restock] No files found matching url Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/ConesHeat*.dds

Think they should be:

Spoiler

Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConeA.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConeB.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConesDiffuse*.dds
Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConesHeat*.dds

Edited by hemeac
Was using an outdated release of Missing History

On 8/7/2020 at 11:46 PM, hemeac said:

@Snark, I'm not sure that these are necessary anymore, but your Restock whitelist isn't properly whitelisting the Aero cones:

Think they should be:

Hide contents

Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConeA.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConeB.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConesDiffuse*.dds
Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/ConesHeat*.dds

Are you on the current version? I just checked my game folder and as of v1.8.2 those are fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, matiasb said:

Can I remove some of the rescaled parts? I don't need them, but I really do love the new parts in the mod, I don't want to uninstall it.

The rescaled parts are in the folder GameData/MissingHistory/rescaled/.  You should be able to simply delete what you don't want.

• 4 months later...
On 7/11/2020 at 2:24 PM, Snark said:

Just a note that I've released MissingHistory v1.8.2.

No new features, just a compatibility update for KSP 1.10.  Changes include:

• Fix 1.875m reaction wheel and battery, whose IndicatorLights compatibility got broken.
  • Update ReStock+ compatibility.
  • Update to ModuleManager 4.1.4.

I've migrated over to KSP 1.11.  All looks good so far, but there's a persistent bug with engine glow on the nozzle of the RT-25 when used in ReStock.  The glow stays on at all times: in the VAB, before launch, and after burnout.  The funny thing is, it's not a problem with the ReStock BACC replacement - which the RT-25 is based on, and allowed through whitelist.  I'm not aware of ReStock having any MissingHistory patches, and the ReStock patch in Missing History just talks to whitelisting, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's going on. 

19 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

I've migrated over to KSP 1.11.  All looks good so far, but there's a persistent bug with engine glow on the nozzle of the RT-25 when used in ReStock.  The glow stays on at all times: in the VAB, before launch, and after burnout.  The funny thing is, it's not a problem with the ReStock BACC replacement - which the RT-25 is based on, and allowed through whitelist.  I'm not aware of ReStock having any MissingHistory patches, and the ReStock patch in Missing History just talks to whitelisting, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's going on. 

Interesting, thanks for the heads up!

Alas, I'm not a ReStock user myself and don't have even the foggiest notion of how to make it all work together, so this one's going to stay unfixed until-and-unless someone hands me the solution on a platter.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.  :(

Hi gang,

I am delighted to announce the release of MissingHistory v1.9, now featuring the PPD-7 "Stowaway" Storage Container:  a 1.875m crew cabin that seats three kerbals.  Thank you to @JadeOfMaar for providing the new part!

[EDIT] Note, I found a bug that slipped in, see below.  I recommend skipping this version and updating to MissingHistory 1.9.1 or later.

Stowaway_small.png

Here you see an example of the new crew cabin in conjunction with a Palici pod, comprising a 5-kerbal space station suitable for many space station contracts.  :)
(Well, except for not having an antenna, which I forgot to put on.  Pick me no nits.)

Stowaway.png

(The sharper-eyed among you may notice that the new part's IVA has... ahem... an additional, empty seat in there.  That's because, as of yet, we don't actually have a custom IVA for this part, so as a stopgap measure, it's re-using the Hitchhiker's IVA, just scaled down.  It works, but isn't perfect, and will have to do until a real IVA comes along.)

Thanks again to @JadeOfMaar for this great work!

Enjoy, everyone.  :)

[EDIT]  Sorry folks, but it looks like I accidentally released some files in MissingHistory 1.9 that I didn't mean to.  These files are my experimental (but failed) attempt to add an orange variant to the size-4 nosecone and fuel tanks.  They don't work, and I'm deleting them from future releases (see my announcement of the v1.9.1 release below), so please do not use  those variants if you're still running MissingHistory 1.9.  I recommend updating to 1.9.1.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  :blush:

Edited by Snark
Addendum about bug I discovered

2 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Hey @Snark, while CKAN says MH  1.9 is only compatible with 1.11.0, from reading the change log I assume it works with 1.10.x as well?

Yes, I'd assume it's 1.10.x compatible.  (I don't do anything with the CKAN integration beyond literally just checking the checkbox in SpaceDock when I first publish a mod.  After that, it's SpaceDock running the show.)

Hi everyone,

Well, it's only been a few hours, but here's MissingHistory v1.9.1, also known as the "Snark Is A Silly Fumblethumbs Who's Horrible At Remembering Which Darn Files To Release" edition.  :blush:

This update does various things, notably takes advantage of the new cargo feature in KSP 1.11.  So it won't work in versions 1.10 and older.

Notable changes:

• Update the Palici pod and Stowaway crew container to have cargo inventory slots, like other crewed parts in KSP 1.11.
  • Introduce the SEQ-15 Cargo Storage Unit, a 1.875m storage container that fits nicely in between the SEQ-9 and SEQ-24.
  • BUGFIX:  in v1.9, I accidentally included some files I didn't mean to.  These have been removed.  Oops.  Very sorry about that.

Here's the new cargo storage unit:

SEQ-15.png

As you can see, this is another one of the "just rescale an existing stock model" parts that MissingHistory excels scrapes by with.  (So the sharp-eyed will notice that it has a "SEQ24" label painted on the side.  Please pay no attention, it is merely a demonstration of the shamefully inadequate quality control in KSC's painting shops.  Wernher should really learn not to mumble when issuing instructions.)  ;)

The errant files that I accidentally released in 1.9 (oops!) were my experimental attempts at providing an orange color variant for the size 4 fuel tanks and nosecone.  I could never get it to work, so please, if you downloaded 1.9, do not use those variants.  I've deleted them from 1.9.1 and have taken steps to ensure that they won't accidentally sneak in again.  I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, enjoy the update!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.