[1.12.x] MissingHistory v1.9.3: Handy parts to complement Making History.

Snark

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of MissingHistory v1.5, now adding the Mk2-B "Palici" command pod:D

Palici.png

This part-- the first (and so far, only) original model in this mod-- is kindly contributed by @steedcrugeon.

It's a 1.875m stockalike command pod, seating two kerbals, with stats similar to the Mk2 command pod from Making History.  Its main useful feature is that its top diameter is 1.25m rather than 0.625m.

The cone-on-a-cylinder shape means that it's suitable either for flight operations or as a lander.

(Note:  The part is fully playable, but doesn't have its own IVA implemented.  As a stopgap, it re-uses the IVA of Making History's Mk2 command pod, which is a bit clunky but playable.  Players without Making History can still use the part, but it won't have an IVA. If any modelers out there are interested in implementing a custom IVA for this part, let me know!)

Many thanks to @steedcrugeon for supplying the model and texture!  Enjoy, everyone.

This look very nice indeed, thanks to both of you! This mod is really usefull, it's part of all my games :)  even if I have to erase some of the cfg/mu, as I use Ven's Stock Revamp wich cause glitches and bugs... 

Also, The Z2K battery won't appear in the game, I'll check if it's a mod compatibility problem...

Edit: Ok so, the problem come from VSR, don't know why on this specific part, while others work perfectly well (except for textures on common engines in both mods, wich is logical...)... Well, I'll do with TS, even if it's not the same numbers... Thanks again :) 

Edited by Rawenwarcrow

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've now released MissingHistory v1.6, for KSP 1.6 compatibility!  :)

Notable changes in this update:

• I've removed the reskinned Terrier, in order not to conflict with the revamped Terrier in KSP 1.6.  (Note, I haven't actually deleted it-- it's still there, simply "hidden".  So if you have any already-launched vehicles with the Porkjet-reskinned Terrier in them, they'll still be there and will work fine and are unchanged.  But it's now hidden and won't show up in the vehicle editor anymore.  Anyone who misses it and really wants it back can do so via ModuleManager sleight-of-hand.)
  • I've also removed the 2.5m-to-3.75m fueled adapter tank, since we now have one in stock.  :)  (Again, it's simply "hidden" rather than actually removed, so your existing ships won't get broken.)
  • The Mk2-B "Palici" comand pod now has switchable control points, to take advantage of the "choose control point" feature added in KSP 1.6.  It now has a "Reversed" control point available.  Also, I added compatibility with the new AttitudeAdjuster mod, to give it a "Pitched" control point if that mod is installed.
  • The FL-A10 Adapter is now a fuel tank.  The 0.625m-to-1.25m transition was the one last diameter-transition for which we didn't have a fueled adapter.  I've always thought that this part looked kind of fuel-tankish, and (IMHO) it looks that way even more with the reskinned version in KSP 1.6.  So I've tweaked it to give it 0.3 tons of LFO (in keeping with its physical size), and moved it into the "fuel tanks" category.
  • Updated to latest ModuleManager, 3.1.2.

Oh, and by the way.  This isn't an actual change, but just in case you were wondering "Hey Snark, KSP 1.6 added a 'bare' variant for the Spark engine that's really compact.  Is that now super awesome for making Spark clusters using the 1.25m engine plate?"... the answer is yes.

Yes it is.  :cool:

SparkCluster.png

Enjoy!  :)

(Update for anyone who was waiting on SpaceDock availability-- they've updated to 1.6 now, so I've updated the download there and this release is now fully "published". I've updated the OP accordingly.)

@Snark One part I've needed occasionally is a short 1.875m to 2.5m adapter tank, mainly to neck down a 2.5m stack to mount a 1.875 engine. MH has a long adapter in this size and included short and long adapters for 1.875m to 1.25m but skipped a short 1.875m to 2.5m. So, I wrote a patch for one that rescales the long adapter to a shorter height. It seems like a logical fit for this mod.

// A short fueled adapter tank for transition from 1.875m to 2.5m
+PART[Size1p5_Size2_Adapter_01]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory]
{
    @name = Size1p5_Size2_Adapter_02
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.272, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.272, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    @TechRequired = advRocketry
    @entryCost = 2550
    @cost = 360
    @title = FL-A215S Fuel Tank Adapter
    @mass = 0.225
    @MODEL
    {
		%scale = 1, 0.29, 1
    }
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 162
        @maxAmount = 162
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        @amount = 198
        @maxAmount = 198
    }
}

14 hours ago, Dfthu said:

Would the fueled FL-A10 cause any problems if I shared a crafted with it to a person that doesn't have this mod?

Probably not, as there's no other changes I believe? Of course they will have a little less fuel than you, and the balance will be slightly different due to the relocation of weight, but it's such an unimportant amount of fuel they probably won't notice unless it's a very small vehicle.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:44 AM, Tonka Crash said:

One part I've needed occasionally is a short 1.875m to 2.5m adapter tank, mainly to neck down a 2.5m stack to mount a 1.875 engine. MH has a long adapter in this size and included short and long adapters for 1.875m to 1.25m but skipped a short 1.875m to 2.5m. So, I wrote a patch for one that rescales the long adapter to a shorter height. It seems like a logical fit for this mod.

Hm, interesting!  Good point.  :)

No promises, but gimme some time to mull it over.

[EDIT]  Okay, tried it out in-game and yeah, that's a good part to add.  I'll make this happen.  Thanks for the suggestion!

22 hours ago, Dfthu said:

Would the fueled FL-A10 cause any problems if I shared a craft with it to a person that doesn't have this mod?

I think it ought to be fine.  It's been a long time since I actually tested that scenario, but IIRC the game doesn't have a problem.  Either it will have fuel in the part, or it won't (I forget which), but I think either way the vehicle ought to load and fly just fine.

Hi gang,

I've released MissingHistory v1.6.1.  This does a couple of things:

First, it adds a short 1.875m-to-2.5m fuel tank adapter.  Thanks to @Tonka Crash for this excellent suggestion!  (The stats I've given it aren't quite identical to your sample config, Tonka, but it's pretty close.)  Here you can see a couple of them in action:

yQLjacX.png

The other change I've made is to move the 1.25m engine plate from Specialized Construction down to Advanced Construction, in keeping with Squad's re-balance in KSP 1.6.  (It used to be that all the engine plates became available on the same tech node.  With KSP 1.6, Squad rebalanced them to spread them out a bit, with the smaller sizes becoming available first.  I think that was a great idea, and this moves the 1.25m engine plate along with the 1.875m plate.)

Anyway, enjoy!

7 hours ago, Snark said:

Hi gang,

I've released MissingHistory v1.6.1.  This does a couple of things:

First, it adds a short 1.875m-to-2.5m fuel tank adapter.  Thanks to @Tonka Crash for this excellent suggestion!  (The stats I've given it aren't quite identical to your sample config, Tonka, but it's pretty close.)  Here you can see a couple of them in action:

yQLjacX.png

The other change I've made is to move the 1.25m engine plate from Specialized Construction down to Advanced Construction, in keeping with Squad's re-balance in KSP 1.6.  (It used to be that all the engine plates became available on the same tech node.  With KSP 1.6, Squad rebalanced them to spread them out a bit, with the smaller sizes becoming available first.  I think that was a great idea, and this moves the 1.25m engine plate along with the 1.875m plate.)

Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks for the update!  Just to let you know I'm going to add support to this in the next Simplex Tech Tree update :)

But what I really wanted to say was: nice dinky rocket :)

3 hours ago, Razhiel said:

it is possible to add a  1.875 "lander"

That's basically what this is:

Palici.png

^ it's deliberately designed in a way that lets it do double duty as "flight capsule" or as a lander.

3 hours ago, Razhiel said:

or short profile engine?

Not especially looking to add more engines beyond what's there already-- I feel like there's a pretty good selection and I haven't had trouble building landers at a variety of engine powers.

Thank you for the suggestion, though!  :)

On 12/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, Dafni said:

Did a quick install via CKAN and all I got was the new pod and the two engines. Ideas?

No idea, haven't heard of anyone else with that problem.  Any errors showing up in your log file?  And do you have Making History installed?  (Some of the stuff in this mod won't be present unless you have the expansion installed.)

14 minutes ago, Snark said:

No idea, haven't heard of anyone else with that problem.  Any errors showing up in your log file?  And do you have Making History installed?  (Some of the stuff in this mod won't be present unless you have the expansion installed.)

Thanks. I will try to look into it later on. A manual install did the trick, just the CKAN one was corrupted somehow. Does the job for now.

Edited by Dafni

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the relase of MissingHistory v1.7, now with two new atomic engines, for all your interplanetary needs!

nukes.png

• "Candle" Radioisotope Rocket: 0.625m nuclear engine. 0.18t, 3 kN, 625s vacuum Isp.
  • BKN-7 "Beacon" Heavy Nuclear Engine: 1.875m nuclear engine. 6.5t, 120 kN, 900s vacuum Isp.

Models and textures taken from @Porkjet's excellent mod Atomic Age (which, like this mod, is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA), which has, alas, been defunct for many KSP versions. I've tweaked and rebalanced the engine config to suit my tastes. (The "Candle" is only slightly tweaked from Porkjet's original config.  The BKN-7-- which was originally a 2.5m engine called "Lightbulb" in Porkjet's mod-- has been completely rebalanced from the original, though.)  I've always been a big fan of Porkjet's work, and I'm happy to give these two engines of his another chance to see the light of day.

Many thanks to @JadeOfMaar for kindly creating new rocket plumes for the two engines!

Enjoy!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.