[1.12.x] MissingHistory v1.9.3: Handy parts to complement Making History.

Snark

1 hour ago, SevenOfCarina said:

Hey @Snark, I managed to fudge in a patch that replaces the stock textures used by Missing History parts with the ones provided by ReStock, are you interested? MH is a pretty essential mod, but the stock textures are very much an eyesore. :)

I'm certainly interested, thanks!

However, actually including them in the mod is a significant extra chunk of work, for some of the parts, because I'd need to do additional work to get the RS models to be compatible with IndicatorLights, and I'm pretty time constrained at the moment. But would absolutely love to have a look. :)

Oh. i don't have indicator lights installed, doesn't ReStock break some of the light alignments? That said though, the only way to update the service bay is to actually modify the service_bay.cfg file in ReStock, which I don't think is ideal. I'll try and see if I can find a different way to do it.

BTW, some of the MH parts are made redundant by ReStock+, but I don't know how to make an MM patch to delete them, so they're still there.

On 3/24/2019 at 8:09 AM, SevenOfCarina said:

doesn't ReStock break some of the light alignments?

It breaks most of them; IndicatorLights is currently badly incompatible with ReStock.

I'd like to add compatibility, but it's a really huge job and so will have to wait until time permits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 9:46 AM, SevenOfCarina said:

Hey @Snark, I managed to fudge in a patch that replaces the stock textures used by Missing History parts with the ones provided by ReStock, are you interested? MH is a pretty essential mod, but the stock textures are very much an eyesore. :)

Would you consider sharing that patch of yours?

Also, about Restock+ redundant parts, I've played with the deletion feature of Module Manager so I may be able to add to your patch.

Thanks.

This is a bit involved, but first delete the rescaled folder in KSP/GameData/Missing History, and replace it with this. After that, attach the code block below to restock-service-bays.cfg in KSP/GameData/ReStock/Patches/Payload. Do note that though IndicatorLights will still be broken, and that extraneous MH parts have been removed.

Spoiler

@PART[ServiceBay_187]
{
  @author = Chris Adderley (Nertea)
  !mesh = DELETE
  !MODEL {}
  MODEL
  {
    model = ReStock/Assets/Payload/restock-service-bay-125-1
	scale = 1.5, 1.33, 1.5
  }
  @MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
  {
    @animationName = DoorsOpen
  }
  @MODULE[ModuleSeeThroughObject]
  {
    @transformName = NewBay125
  }
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModulePartVariants
    useMultipleDragCubes = false
    baseVariant = Opaque
    VARIANT
    {
      name = Opaque
      displayName = #LOC_Restock_variant-service-bay-opaque
      primaryColor = #ffffff
      secondaryColor = #ffffff
      GAMEOBJECTS
      {
        ServiceBay125_Opaque = true
        ServiceBay125 = false
        ServiceBay125_Transparent = false
        FloorColliders = true
      }
    }
    VARIANT
    {
      name = Transparent
      displayName = #LOC_Restock_variant-service-bay-transparent
      primaryColor = #ffffff
      secondaryColor = #999999
      GAMEOBJECTS
      {
        ServiceBay125_Opaque = false
        ServiceBay125 = false
        ServiceBay125_Transparent = true
        FloorColliders = true
      }
    }
    VARIANT
    {
      name = Hollow
      displayName = #LOC_Restock_variant-service-bay-hollow
      primaryColor = #ffffff
      secondaryColor = #000000
      GAMEOBJECTS
      {
        ServiceBay125_Opaque = false
        ServiceBay125 = true
        ServiceBay125_Transparent = false
        FloorColliders = false
      }
    }
  }
}

Edited by SevenOfCarina

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @Snark ,

using the Filter Extensions mod (by @linuxgurugamer), the Candle is shown twice:

2019-05-15-15-33-25-screenshot3.png

All other nuclear engines, including the BKN, are only shown once.

And in the unfiltered, normal (stock-) view, the Candle is only shown once as well.

Any idea what's wrong here?

Edited by VoidSquid

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

Any idea what's wrong here?

No clue.  I don't use that other mod, have no idea what it does or how its code works or why it would cause this issue, not really something I can diagnose from this end.

@VoidSquid You have two versions of the KANDL engines installed. One from this mod and one from linuxgurugamer's Atomic Age. Both are reusing models originally created by Porkjet. Here is a discussion from January when the parts were added. @Snark got around having duplicates by renaming and hiding the AtomicAge part in the MissingHistory\patches\SpaceTuxIndustries.cfg file. FIlterextensions is bypassing the attempt to hide it.

I'd agree, but: I do not have LGG's AA installed (or any of the other mods from SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts)... and removing MHP also removes the engine completely. As I said, this issue is only when enabling the filter, not present when browsing parts stock-like. 

VoidSquids are not known to be the smartest creatures in the universe (what do you expect: Void + Squid?), but they're not totally dense either ;) 

Unrelated side note: I recommend, when disabling the changed Terrier, Swivel, and Reliant, also to disable the respective cfg-files from Real Plume Stock.

I wish there'd be a "half-Reliant" too :)

Edited by VoidSquid

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

I'd agree, but: I do not have LGG's AA installed (or any of the other mods from SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts)... and removing MHP also removes the engine completely. As I said, this issue is only when enabling the filter, not present when browsing parts stock-like. 

When the engines was added to the mod, @Snark forgot to rename the engine which will cause issues, if any other mod like SpaceTux RecycledParts tries to add the very same engine. In order to fix that, Missing History includes a patch to clone, rename and hide the orginial Candle engine. Through this procedure, savegames/ships are not going to break if they were build before the patch was part of the mod. And it's important to emphasise the word 'hide' in this context. It's not removed, just hidden and hidden parts become visible in the advanced editor mode. This is a stock behaviour and is not caused by Filter Extensions or any other mod.

If you really want to get rid of it, you can try to add a custom patch like this:

!PART[nuclearEngineKANDL]:NEEDS[!SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/AtomicAge]:FINAL{}

Maybe Janitors Closet can also remove/prune it.

Be warned though: If you add this patch to your game and the engine is used by any of your ships, they will break!

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

39 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Missing History includes a patch to clone, rename and hide the orginial Candle engine

Hey @4x4cheesecake

You're getting straight to the point, thanks a lot, that certainly causes the issue. 
Noob question: would I achieve my desired result if I simply disable SpaceTuxIndustries.cfg by renaming it to whatever_extension_but_cfg (constraint: do not install SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts?/AtomicAge, ofc) ?

2 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Noob question: would I achieve my desired result if I simply disable SpaceTuxIndustries.cfg by renaming it to whatever_extension_but_cfg (constraint: do not install SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts?/AtomicAge, ofc) ? 

By renaming/deleting the SpaceTuxIndustries.cfg, you will keep the original engine and remove the renamed clone, by using the patch, it is the other way around. So it is basically the same result and same risk but you have to do it everytime Missing History gets an update. Even though this is not going to happen every day, a custom patch is usually the better solution.

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

If you really want to get rid of it, you can try to add a custom patch like this:

!PART[nuclearEngineKANDL]:NEEDS[!SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/AtomicAge]:FINAL{}

Maybe Janitors Closet can also remove/prune it.

This is an odd case, if you do try to use JC to prune it, make a complete backup of your game first.

36 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Snark do the above images give you any clue as to what's going on?

I though, I explained it already?

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

When the engines was added to the mod, @Snark forgot to rename the engine which will cause issues, if any other mod like SpaceTux RecycledParts tries to add the very same engine. In order to fix that, Missing History includes a patch to clone, rename and hide the orginial Candle engine. Through this procedure, savegames/ships are not going to break if they were build before the patch was part of the mod.

The patch actually includes a detailed comment about it:

https://github.com/KSPSnark/MissingHistory/blob/master/files/patches/SpaceTuxIndustries.cfg

Would a simple replacing of the string nuclearEngine_size0 by nuclearEngineKANDL in KANDL.cfg work to only have the engine with the new name?
Obviously nothing for the general audience, just talking here about my KSP installation, as I've never used this engine before, no craft can break, and in case I'll ever use LGG's mod, the conflict couldn't arise in the first place, I think.

Edited by VoidSquid

15 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Would a simple replacing of the string nuclearEngine_size0 by nuclearEngineKANDL in KANDL.cfg work to only have the engine with the new name?

As long as you don't have any in of that engine deployed in the world you could just delete the patch mentioned above.

Yes, but if I ever will use LGG's AA mod, this would cause a conflict then, I'd rather avoid this in advance.
I'll simply disable the patch and be happy with it, makes no sense to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Edited by VoidSquid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.