Regular crashes in 1.4.1+MH

In the last 23 hours (where i played ksp ground 4 hours) KSP crashed 20+ times, without any pattern. It crashed when loading a savefile, starting a mission from Making History, launching a vehicle, opening kspedia, recovering a vehicle, adding a part in the editor, reloading assets from the debug console or even when making a screenshot for another bug report. The crash itself is weird. Most of the time i only get a sound from Windows and 'poof' the KSP window is gone. Only once appeared a window saying that KSP crashed.

Does this only happen to me? I'm wondering, because i haven't seen anything about it here or in the bug tracker.

The output.log created each crash just stopps as if nothing had happened without reporting an error. If this happens to others too, i will create a bug in the tracker with the crash reports. 

Edited by Nils277

Hi Nils, for what it’s worth, I don’t encounter the crashes. Only a lightly modded install (KER, BurningTime, and a few others, with one part mod from one crazy genius who makes these amazing planetary base parts).

If anything, those mods should increase crashes if anything, right?

I had like one hour on a virgin installation (because there are other bugs I run into...) without crashes either.

Based on n=2 I’d say it’s not a bug everyone encounters. I feel for you because CTD’s are so annoying.

I have not had a single crash since I have been playing MH. However, I started a new career mode and I only have about 3 or 4 non-graphical mods installed.

Sorry forgot to mention I have got the Mac version.

Edited by Gorman

@JPLRepo Thanks, that was the reason. I though that a crash from running out of memory would have been visible in the crash logs.

I tested it on two computers the version on one of them only vanilla KSP + Expansion but also crashed as regular as the one with mods ...seems that Making History alone needs enough ram to trigger the out of memory crash.

Edited by Nils277

On ‎14‎-‎03‎-‎2018 at 4:59 PM, Nils277 said:

In the last 23 hours (where i played ksp ground 4 hours) KSP crashed 20+ times, without any pattern. It crashed when loading a savefile, starting a mission from Making History, launching a vehicle, opening kspedia, recovering a vehicle, adding a part in the editor, reloading assets from the debug console or even when making a screenshot for another bug report. The crash itself is weird. Most of the time i only get a sound from Windows and 'poof' the KSP window is gone. Only once appeared a window saying that KSP crashed.

Does this only happen to me? I'm wondering, because i haven't seen anything about it here or in the bug tracker.

The output.log created each crash just stopps as if nothing had happened without reporting an error. If this happens to others too, i will create a bug in the tracker with the crash reports. 

It happens to me too like all the time. Can't even load the game...

This is happening to me too, but only since installing Making History. The game crashes every time I click launch when in the VAB in sandbox/career mode. Doesn't seem to crash If I just play the new missions though. Seems to be happening on 32bit and 64bit

Edited by courseiam
Added more info

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.