Mobile Launch Platform?

Jack5.exe

No I think he means the part named (in the game text at least) the Mobile Launch Platform, that you can place anywhere in the solar system during missions. I also assume he wants to be able to place that part anywhere in the solar system, or at least anywhere on Kerbin.

17 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

No I think he means the part named (in the game text at least) the Mobile Launch Platform, that you can place anywhere in the solar system during missions. I also assume he wants to be able to place that part anywhere in the solar system, or at least anywhere on Kerbin.

17 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Is this what you're looking for?

What i'm looking for is one that can drive from the VAB to pad and can take clamps with it

7 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

What i'm looking for is one that can drive from the VAB to pad and can take clamps with it

Eh, I know some people have built their own crawlers with rover wheels and structural panels and a large number of struts. 

Also, I'm pretty sure launch clamps can't be physically moved.

6 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Eh, I know some people have built their own crawlers with rover wheels and structural panels and a large number of struts. 

Also, I'm pretty sure launch clamps can't be physically moved.

We'd need a mod for something like the Mobile Launcher Platform.

1200px-Mobile_Launcher_Platform_3_in_par

It could be doable if someone had the time. The platform would be in the VAB, sized to the max dimensions the building allows. When you launch a new rocket, you'd have the code shift it to outside the VAB, and attach the launch clamps to the platform instead of the launch pad. You could either have a pre-built crawler-transporter like the other vehicles inside the VAB, or allow the player to build one under the platform. Drive it to the launchpad (or anywhere else you prefer), drop off the mobile launcher platform, and launch the rocket as normal.

• 2 months later...

There is a mod that adds NASA style launch platforms/tower to the launch pad.

There is also a mod that adds a DIY box that you can put the design of any ship into, and then launch the box to a planet that you have a workshop on. Once the box gets there your engineers take "x" amout of time to then construct the ship from the box you sent over.

Not sure if that helps....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.