Can't complete Meet Me in Zero G

dvader

I'm trying the Meet Me in Zero G mission but don't know how to fulfill the conditions.

I've docked, gone EVA, undocked, used RCS to get away from the exploding craft and the Mission entry "Undock NOW!" is still yellow (not completed green).I Q7yemyZ.jpg

After a short while, both "Undock NOW" and "Land" goes gray.

bmPNQAy.jpg

If I try to land anyway,  I get a big FAIL with no explanation why (KSC is right there in the background):

EYfeXbE.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Or, better yet, how can I figure out what I'm doing wrong? Is there any other important information I've overlooked? As far as I can tell, I have satisfied all the conditions in "Missions".

Yes, I failed this yesterday as well. Weirdly it doesn't show you where to land. I looked at it in the builder and it seems you need to land in a reasonable big area including the KSC and extending to the west for almost the whole continent. Your landing place could be just out of the area, or splashed doesn't count (can't remember from the top of my head). Again, bad instructions.

I'm going to try again later today.

Edited by Draradech

I noticed there were coordinates in the Mission dialog before it greyed out. Figured it was KSC and landed close to it. Suppose I should try again and not splash but this randomized trial and error thing is really getting annoying. Also, it's really silly if splashed doesn't count since it was the preferred method in real  life...

1 hour ago, Hurzelgnurk said:

irc you have to "land" on land not "splash down". The  accurate Landing is just for points.

13 minutes ago, dvader said:

I noticed there were coordinates in the Mission dialog before it greyed out. Figured it was KSC and landed close to it. Suppose I should try again and not splash but this randomized trial and error thing is really getting annoying. Also, it's really silly if splashed doesn't count since it was the preferred method in real  life...

Hurzelgnurk is correct. You need to land. Anywhere. Not splash down. More extra points the closer  to the landing point west of KSC (between KSC and the mountains - that's just silly, at least show a marker or something).

I managed to get silver on this one, but can't seem to figure out gold. I landed the entire craft intact, without staging, very close to the KSC mountains and still not gold. You also get penalized (0.7 score modifier) if Gemini 8 takes damage, which I don't see how to avoid during reentry.

But yeah, I haven't found any of the missions intuitive AT ALL. The only way to know what the mission ACTUALLY is and where the points are scored, is by editing the mission in the builder and checking out the scoring summary.

@zanie420 After so many confusing missions, I actually checked the mission parameters in the Builder before starting the Apollo 15 mission and have been trying to get max points. I'm close but can get 500 more by landing closer to the landing spot on Kerbin. Despite all this, I have just received Bronze. I have no idea how the Gold/Silver/Bronze thing is calculated. I think I will open a new post and ask if anyone knows.

@dvader When you edit the mission in the builder, go to the Mission Briefing (purple button in upper right), then click on the score tab. That will give you a better idea of HOW the mission is scored. Then on the Awards tab you will find the scores needed for Gold/Silver/Bronze.  Meet me in Zero G even has a Time Keeper bonus award :wink:

Edited by zanie420
grammar

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 4:21 AM, Lenniepen said:

Hi, when I try this mission, the Agena craft disappears after it's in Orbit. At the launch of the Gemini, the Agena is gone. When I've put the Gemini into the correct orbit, there is nothing out there to rendesvous with.

Try this.  It worked for me on the same problem.  Once you reach orbit with the Agena, do not click OK on the dialogue box that appears.  Just continue to orbit for a bit, while watching the screen to see that the game is Autosaving.  It only took about a minute for mine to autosave after the dialogue box opened.  After Autosave disappears from the screen, then go ahead and click OK.  It will take you to the Gemini launch, and you should now be able to see the Agena in orbit in the map view.

• 2 years later...

2 years later and the mission is still broken.

I have tried undocking from the Agenda multiple times, and have been successful each time. Even after getting away before it blows up, I still get the fail message each time.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Have the devs not fixed it yet?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.