174 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the DLC?

• Yes, Its great!
    • Yes, but theres some problems
    • No, but theres some parts I like
    • Nope, I don't like it
    • I havent bought it / I'm waiting for reviews
    • Other (Please post below)

I'm pretty sure no one posted this yet so I wondered how other people felt about it. I personally think the new parts are great, expect for a few bugs.

Edited by Dfthu

Seeing how this is the biggest content/feature addition to KSP since v1.0, I'm not surprised there are bugs.  I haven't encountered any significant ones yet after 7 hrs of gameplay, but I have posted a couple minor ones to the bugtracker.  I think the next few weeks as people really sink their teeth into it there will be a better read on the community's view on it.  :)

The Mission Builder, which is really the only reason I was excited for it, is too buggy to be worth using IMO. The missions that came with it, which was a nice bit of side content I was hoping to wile away a few hours on, is also so buggy that I don't feel it's worth playing. That leaves the parts, which I'm sure will come in handy but parts are parts, you know?

So all in all I'm not too happy with it.

i voted other. its okay at best and kind of underwhelming after so many months of reading about it. 

the missions have issues and quirks that make it frustrating to enjoy such as forgetting to place something on the rocket and you cant revert making you waste upwards of an hour of time if you were deep into the last parts of said mission. doing the objectives out of order like career doesnt work also such as "take experiment and use when just under 100k" so i do but it dooesnt count because you didnt do a full orbit first which was the step before it. it just made more sense to do the science as i reached 100k AP then burn for orbit. i was forced to restart the mission.

the parts are cool but honestly they are for stock players as i already had most of those style engines and types using mods, but i kinda expected that before hand so no complaints there its always nice to have parts.

there isnt much else added so im left feeling a bit disappointed.

I'm hoping there will be additional updates to the Making History DLC over time. I'd really like to see a new category of missions from the mission builder that are designed to be runnable in career mode, somewhere in between the complexity of existing career contracts and full stand-alone missions.

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The Mission Builder, which is really the only reason I was excited for it, is too buggy to be worth using IMO. The missions that came with it, which was a nice bit of side content I was hoping to wile away a few hours on, is also so buggy that I don't feel it's worth playing. That leaves the parts, which I'm sure will come in handy but parts are parts, you know?

This has been my experience so far. I haven't touched the editor yet, but trying to play the first mission has been nothing but frustration. The parts are cool I guess, but  so far the only feature I've really been impressed with are the shrouds on some engines.

Since "voting with my wallet" seems to be the best way for customers to voice their approval or disapproval of products, I'll further reinforce my stance that the DLC is worth the money in the fact that I bought the DLC for myself as well as for a friend of mine.  (Full disclosure: I bought KSP in March 2012)

Got it to work!

Yeah, a few bugs, the custom mission builder is not overly intuitive, but it seems to work, and that's half the battle!

I bought it for less then 9$. (have to thank Gabe's love for mother Russia, I guess?) Original game AFAIR was bought for so or even less.

Even if it was without mission builder (not really interested in current implementation), still would buy. 

There are some interesting parts in it (however no souyz??? daym!) - service modules are quite new concept (there are some in mods, but nothing like that), engine plates/interstages but still, all parts in general -  not Ven's Revamp level. Not Near Future level, not even close to  B9. 

Even worse, not Roverdude original mods level :) - sounds crazy, I know. Parts are not balanced like at all for career - because it is not for career. And trust offsets / nodes misalignment / mismatches - heh ...

Community already started to release fixes I guess...

Suits are awesome. Maybe modders can now change it (I mean models?). Stock textures/mesh switching - cool (can it change heat tolerance and mass as well? doubt it, but who knows?), however interface for that - strange at least...

Stock mechanic for new launch sites - cool. Kerbal Konstructs kinda cooler, too bad it can't be used in rescaled games. My guess - there will be baikonur DLC, and more :wink: . May be...

Said that, good old KSP still deserves some love and money, so - buy it. Don't act like a greedy kids. Just buy it, no matter what.

Now back to my 1.3 career, because ages will pass till I have my 120+ mods compatible.

Will buy more DLCs for sure, please keep 'em coming. 

Edited by evileye.x

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Haven't used the parts yet, but I feel the same way about the missions. Also, the interface to display the mission goals is... not the best by a long shot, IMO.

Meh, there are so many game breaking bugs at the moment that it simply isn’t worth my time to play right now.

I have other games to play at the moment so I will wait until Squad/Private Division figures out why their QA was so horrible. 

Either the people responsible for QA outright didn’t do their jobs, or the game was so incredibly riddled with bugs that they didn’t have time to fix them all before the release date deadline (and for whatever reason they didn’t/couldn’t delay).

Either scenario doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. 

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Either the people responsible for QA outright didn’t do their jobs, or the game was so incredibly riddled with bugs that they didn’t have time to fix them all before the release date deadline (and for whatever reason they didn’t/couldn’t delay).

I suspect Take-Two was in a hurry to get it released before the end of their fiscal year. Take-Two and Rockstar are perfectly fine delaying GTA or Red Dead Redemption, as they know those are big, blockbuster titles that they have to get as right as possible. KSP, not so much.

Showing a return on investment, or -- potentially in the case of KSP -- being able to claim an operational loss, is important to stock holders. Take-Two makes decisions for stock holders' benefits, not for players' benefits.

It's probably better for Take-Two's bottom line to put out a buggy DLC before fiscal year end than to spend more money to put out a polished DLC later.

This is just speculation, of course, but it's based on what I've seen from the big publishers in the industry.

It’s $15. Brown bag lunch twice this week and it’s paid for. I will be disappointed if the glaring issues don’t get fixed though. Not limited to just these, but:

• mission play is buggy, to say the very least
  • windows can’t be made viewpoints in the new capsules
  • the rover wheels fold so little... what’s the point? I need a rover to fit in a 2.5m service module!

15 minutes ago, Macky03 said:

I like it so far,

but I´m very disappointed that you have to restart the missions from the beginning if you messed up something!

You can save and load the game. Doesn’t appear to mess it up.

Edited by MechBFP

The parts alone make it worht it.

And to those who are in the "mods already gave me these parts" camp, you're all missing the point IMHO. By that reasoning, there is virtually no possible improvement that the devs could make to the game at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.