[Stock +Making History DLC] Saturn V

This is my attempt at making a Saturn V in the new DLC, IT needs some work, but it will function. If you want to fly this, you'll need to decent pilot and manually activate things past the third stage, further instructions are on the KerbalX page, I will be updating this craft soon to make it better and more optimized. As for right now I think its a pretty good replica of the real thing.

Craft Download Page

zzlSVxc.jpg
eKFmsRR.jpg
RpwLaH8.jpg

Edited by TheMichael
Added Pictures

I had a look at the craft file and changed a few nitpicky details (central engine Gimbal locking,  retro thrusters, etc.) exhaustive list below:

craft file link

• 1st and 2nd stage central engines Gimbal Locked
  • retro thrusters on 1st stage (sepratrons just below engine-mount and  53% thrust LES's inside bottom mount)
  • Service module RCS thrusters offset from the centre
  • platform before ladder on LDV constructed with an SP-S06 panel and 2 x EAS-4 strut connectors
  • the docking ports on LAV and Command Pod changed to docking port JR's
  • atop command pod, DPJR, TS-06, LES stack with LES offset down 1 'notch' with the move tool
  • attempt made to replicate MLP-2 with 4 Launch stability enhancers low down on the first stage (under the engine mount) with two at ~30% and ~90% on one side of the first stage to fill out space and mimic the MLP-2

On 3/18/2018 at 10:20 AM, ketchupsaucerer said:

I had a look at the craft file and changed a few nitpicky details (central engine Gimbal locking,  retro thrusters, etc.) exhaustive list below:

craft file link

• 1st and 2nd stage central engines Gimbal Locked
  • retro thrusters on 1st stage (sepratrons just below engine-mount and  53% thrust LES's inside bottom mount)
  • Service module RCS thrusters offset from the centre
  • platform before ladder on LDV constructed with an SP-S06 panel and 2 x EAS-4 strut connectors
  • the docking ports on LAV and Command Pod changed to docking port JR's
  • atop command pod, DPJR, TS-06, LES stack with LES offset down 1 'notch' with the move tool
  • attempt made to replicate MLP-2 with 4 Launch stability enhancers low down on the first stage (under the engine mount) with two at ~30% and ~90% on one side of the first stage to fill out space and mimic the MLP-2

Great stuff! Thanks for sorting some things out.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.