DLC missions sharing through either seed or in-game online browser

You DO have an in-game browser of community-created missions!   You just have to manually find and install them yourself. :wink:

This is exactly the kind of thing Steam Workshop is made for.   Yes, I know Squad wont ever use it. 

3 minutes ago, klesh said:

You DO have an in-game browser of community-created missions!   You just have to manually find and install them yourself. :wink:

And, here I was, thinking that it would populate itself over time...

• 1 month later...

I don't object to the idea, but I don't see why we need an in-game community-created mission browser any more than we need an in-game community created craft browser. It's not too hard to find either craft or missions on KerbalX, and missions can also be found here on the forums anyways where one might come to look for regular challenges anyways.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

i think  there should be steam workshop and for the people that didnt bought KSP throght steam i think they should get a steam key

Even the ones that bought KSP through a competitor of Steam?  That would really liquid off those competing companies, and probably get the product pulled from their listings. 

If there is anything I've learned from my working career up till now is that for the biggest majority people are lazy when it comes to fetching information or workflow by them selves, now matter how important it is for them.
You virtually have to slap them in the face with it.

Yes, I think its a good suggestion to implement a in game browser, It would certainly help to interest players more if they are presented with missions instead of relying on them to find their own way.

'Ease of use' creates interest.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, Gargamel said:

Even the ones that bought KSP through a competitor of Steam?  That would really liquid off those competing companies, and probably get the product pulled from their listings. 

Good point I didn't thought of that but either way the workshop needs to be done every building game that's on Steam has a workshop

13 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

every building game that's on Steam has a workshop 

If 6 of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?

The answer is yes.  If 6 of my friends jump off a bridge, they probably have a dang good reason for it, and I'm probably better of to follow suit. 

Jokes aside, we have a workshop.  It's called the forums.   And we have CKAN to do auto installs if that's your thing.  

I find the Steam workshop to be cludgy and poorly designed, depending on the game.   I like the combo of Ckan and the forums much better. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.