Peroxide Engines for Probes and Sounding rockets

AntINFINAIt

So i am working on a mod that adds HTP engines (High-test-peroxide) to the game.Some are absolutely tiny! I mean they are smaller than the ion drive! Much smaller(smallest making a tremendous 0.5 KN :D , that is already done) And i made one engine, full with configs, and a compressed air tank, because some of them will need pressurization because they are pressure fed, and the engines will eat the fuel, and some of the air in the tank.Some will not use the pressurization, because they will have a gas generator that decomposes HTP and pressurizes the tank with the gas. I have real life sounds, i will put them later here in sound cloud or something, and i plan to do RO configs (i already made RP configs). I plan to do like the BMP engine as an extra. Some of them will be bigger, and i plan to do a Falcon 9 amateur replica 1:10 scale :) sounding rocket. So , what do you think? 

SHOULD I CONTINUE? WILL ANYONE DOWNLOAD THE MOD? Please tell me your opinion.

BMP 5 test fires:

BMP 2

MY FAVS(pure htp engines)

Cool idea! It's always fun to have more propulsion options. My advice would be to just use a single HTP propellant source for all of them rather than a mix of THP-only versus HTP + oxygen. It's a bit less realistic, but more consistent with how KSP approaches propellant.

What is the benefit of HTP engines over current monoprop engines? Just need to make sure there's a solid reason for people to use them.

Edited by Tyko

16 hours ago, Tyko said:

Cool idea! It's always fun to have more propulsion options. My advice would be to just use a single HTP propellant source for all of them rather than a mix of THP-only versus HTP + oxygen. It's a bit less realistic, but more consistent with how KSP approaches propellant.

What is the benefit of HTP engines over current monoprop engines? Just need to make sure there's a solid reason for people to use them.

They are very light(i mean 600 grams  :D ) they have unlimited ignitions in rss, they are very reliable, they have a tremendous chamber pressure, so better isp over monoprop engines, they can be attached by point, or rad. they have a very beautiful plume over the monoprop engines, and some will be big(for first stages, pressure fed, lower isp, tech level, with turbopump , high isp, more advanced, animated turbopump exhaust , big engines for vacuum, i will make a plant that convets ore to fuel.

If you're excited about this you should keep working on it. 

Keep in mind that you announced your idea in the midst of all the big news going on about 1.4.1, MH and updates to their favorite mods. It's not surprising that people aren't paying as much attention to smaller mods right now.

You'll also start get more attention if you have a couple of cool pix of some models you're working on. They don't have to be finished, but close enough that people can understand what they look like.

Keep going  :wink: 

Model (KSP screenshot coming soon)

OjbL3a3.png

RcELGrr.png

Q3nXO0w.png

BIGGER ENGINES FOR VACUUM

tPdFpt8.png

Turbopump Engine Vacuum

62IIkS3.png

w1qJCrD.png

BhBmh1M.png

olJNky3.png

QoHud3p.png

Lifter Atmosphere engine with TurboPump(more advanced model)

qoMl0Am.png

2m6EhM5.png

ARnbZoP.png

ptY8ZYU.png

BCyZhKm.png

NtJdVpv.png

W0K9lYj.png

Are the models good enough ?  :) 

Just now, MaximumThrust said:

How about making them use the stock monopropellant for non-RO users? Near Future Spacecraft adds a lot of very cool monoprop tanks, and 4 vacuum engines. Would be a very nice addition to this mod, adding more sizes and atmospheric engines.

https://spacedock.info/mod/708/Near Future Spacecraft

Yes there will be a patch that auto-activates when RSS is present.

• 2 months later...

Currently Working on a secret project(SpaceOS)

It won't have the perfo of windows but still will work flawlessly with all packages installed and KSP and all related space things including  Brixton.D Space SIM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.