Overload of build nodes affecting performance.

I noticed a little something while i was building the "new" Fouglas FC-80.

I used a bunch of the new structural panels to make a custom livery of sorts.

I was wondering that why the game lagged so much every-time i chose a new part or removed a part later on in the build.

I was pretty sure that i can't be because my craft would have so many parts, or because the panels would have such a high poly-count, plus it only lagged when i was moving parts around

Turns out the reason why my game slowed down a lot when removing and placing parts is this.

81o5KRL.png

There is such an overload of build nodes (9 per panel) that my game slows down quite considerably when the game loads them in/when they are loaded in.

I know there probably isn't really a way to fix this (other than maby hiding them or making them toggle-able or something), but considering that how much it affects performance on my end, i don't even wanna know that how bad it would be for people who have more potatoe computers.

Like me in the old days when i used a laptop that couldn't run bare-bones KSP at 60FPS and a mini-laptop that ran KSP at like max 25FPS.

At any rate, consider this more of a heads-up, rather than a complaint.

If this is just in the VAB it might be OK . Nut I built a lander and I think I used a lot of those panels to make it look right? And was Experiencing weird lag on load. I thought it was maybe something with the new pad. I was loading at the womarang and thought I saw a post where someone said that pad lags their machine. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.