THAT'S IT! I've hit rock bottom with this game...

This is not a rant,I'm just really frustrated and I don't know what to do...

I update my savegame to 1.31 (or  so I think,the patcher seems to work..) 

and then when I launch the game it tells me ''EVA parachutes and ejection seats'' ''unsupported ksp version use 1.31'' and the same for mk4 systems...

Yet, I just updated, 

What DO I DO I LOVE THIS GAME AND IT'S NOT WORKIN:( :mad::confused:

(windows 8)

On 3/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, dmav522 said:

nd then when I launch the game it tells me ''EVA parachutes and ejection seats'' ''unsupported ksp version use 1.31'' and the same for mk4 systems..

Your mods are outdated.   Update them. 

well, the current version is 1.4.1, not 1.31, so if you've updated to the current version, therein lies your problem.  You can expect a few mods to not be ready a week after the update.  The people who make these mods do so on their own time and money, and most of them don't have access to the patch any earlier then the rest of us, so they don't immediately have an update ready at release.  Be patient, they will update soon.

Also, in most cases, mods will continue to work despite the warnings, just don't be surprised if they have an issue or two that needs to be stomped out.

Just please, PLEASE, don't complain to the modders about their mods not being up to date, don't demand a timeframe for update and don't whine about support.  Most often they are already working as hard as they can to bring it up to date, and they really don't appreciate the complaints.  In the past, we've had several major modders throw in the towel and let their mods die because of the frenzy surrounding a major update that broke their mod.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 4:42 PM, Geonovast said:

Sounds like you went the wrong way.  Instead of going from 1.4 to 1.4.1, you went from 1.4 to 1.3.1.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:28 PM, Capt. Hunt said:

well, the current version is 1.4.1, not 1.31, so if you've updated to the current version, therein lies your problem.  You can expect a few mods to not be ready a week after the update.  The people who make these mods do so on their own time and money, and most of them don't have access to the patch any earlier then the rest of us, so they don't immediately have an update ready at release.  Be patient, they will update soon.

Also, in most cases, mods will continue to work despite the warnings, just don't be surprised if they have an issue or two that needs to be stomped out.

Just please, PLEASE, don't complain to the modders about their mods not being up to date, don't demand a timeframe for update and don't whine about support.  Most often they are already working as hard as they can to bring it up to date, and they really don't appreciate the complaints.  In the past, we've had several major modders throw in the towel and let their mods die because of the frenzy surrounding a major update that broke their mod.

I didn't even update to 1.3.1 yet, every time open the install to patch (from website (1.3 to 1.31) and follow the steps to install it keeps giving me ''please select valid KSP folder'' even when I'm in the root directory 

28 minutes ago, dmav522 said:

I didn't even update to 1.3.1 yet, every time open the install to patch (from website (1.3 to 1.31) and follow the steps to install it keeps giving me ''please select valid KSP folder'' even when I'm in the root directory 

Hi the patcher has been known to be glitchy forever, ( although in fairness i've not bothered with anything but the zips for many years now.)  you're much better off  when updating from the store to install a whole new fresh version . Then transfer your saved game to  the new version.

Be warned though that should updated mods not be available it will temporarily break saved craft until such time as the mod is updated.  Worth pointing out that the further you get behind the current update,  less support will be available for any mods you install

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.