[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

@Kozakh You can use something like dropbox to upload your log too and post the link here.

@Gordon Dry The little bit of madness when you first load a save only happens once and is caused by the changes initializing. When it has done its stuff you wont see it again ;)

Can you put up an issue on GitHub about the scroll bar so I don't forget &)

6 hours ago, TheAnonymous said:

Hi! Is there a way to make parts from other mods to function as supply container? I added this outdated mod "Phoenix Industries-CRS" and I'd like to make the Dragon capsule function as a supply container. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/aAJzIyD

You will need to make a .cfg file using Module Manager syntax like the following excerpt from Default.cfg

// ============================================================================
// Add configurable supplies to inline containers

@PART[kerbalism-container-inline-*]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Configure
    title = Supply Container
    slots = 1

SETUP
    {
      name = Supplies
      desc = Store a balanced supply of <b>Food</b> and <b>Water</b>.

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Food
        amount = 0.7224224
        maxAmount = 0.7224224
        @amount *= #$../../../ContainerVolume$
        @maxAmount *= #$../../../ContainerVolume$
      }

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Water
        amount = 0.2775776
        maxAmount = 0.2775776
      }
    }

SETUP
    {
      name = Waste
      desc = Store solid and liquid organic waste.

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.4949706
      }

RESOURCE
      {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.5050294
      }
    }

SETUP
    {
      name = Food

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Food
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
      }
    }

SETUP
    {
      name = Water

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Water
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
      }
    }
  }
}

You will find plenty of examples in the Kerbalism/Support folder, when you get your support .cfg file to work you can submit a pull request on GitHub so it can be reviewed and added into a Kerbalism release for others to benefit from rather than it being your own personal support file.

Edited by PiezPiedPy

2 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

You will need to make a .cfg file using Module Manager syntax like the following excerpt from Default.cfg

// Add configurable supplies to inline containers

@PART[kerbalism-container-inline-*]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Configure
    title = Supply Container
    slots = 1

SETUP
    {
      name = Supplies
      desc = Store a balanced supply of <b>Food</b> and <b>Water</b>.

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Food
        amount = 0.7224224
        maxAmount = 0.7224224
      }

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Water
        amount = 0.2775776
        maxAmount = 0.2775776
      }
    }

SETUP
    {
      name = Waste
      desc = Store solid and liquid organic waste.

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.4949706
      }

RESOURCE
      {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.5050294
      }
    }

SETUP
    {
      name = Food

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Food
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
      }
    }

SETUP
    {
      name = Water

RESOURCE
      {
        name = Water
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
      }
    }
  }
}

You will find plenty of examples in the Kerbalism/Support folder, when you get your support .cfg file to work you can submit a pull request on GitHub so it can be reviewed and added into a Kerbalism release for others to benefit from rather than it being your own personal support file.

Right, thanks man! I will try, haha.  So the one' with "*" are the ones I change right? I really don't know what I'm doing, just maximum effort lul. I appreciate your help man, will update if it works.

@TheAnonymous correct, you will have to change the PART name to the part you want to change, I suggest reading the ModuleManager Wiki so you get an understanding of their syntax.

you will need to do:

@PART[part_name_of_part_you_want_to_change]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault,mod_name_part_is_in]:AFTER[mod_name_part_is_in]

Edited by PiezPiedPy

For those using SSPXR there is a problem with their support file for MKS causing conflicts. I have PR'd a fix to SSPXR

but so you can use it before its merged and released I've posted a link to it here:

https://github.com/PiezPiedPy/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/Kerbalism/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg

Edited by PiezPiedPy

I understand that the priority is in 1.4.3.
Aside from that, when will 1.3.1 Backport be coming out?
I have created a RSS/RO/RP-0 mod pack that includes sspx, but I have not been able to finalize it due to an error with kerbalism. I could fix the conflicts between the different modes myself, but not in the case of kerbalism.
-through the Google Translator, VaNnadin-

P.S. How do I change my nickname?

P.S.S. Google Translator has developed a lot more than before. lmao :D

Hi all, esp @N70, is there anyway to reduce the amount of time science takes to transmit?

I can see it is based on the amount of data in the kerbalism hardrives, but how is that data size calculated? Is it based of the amount if science collected by the indivual experiments (ie on minmus higher than kerbin orbit) or the Mits.  

Peace

@theJesuit it's actually in the testing - the transmission speed part already works. I use that dev version actually. Don't ask, I got it via chat from PiezPiedPy directly.
There is a serious issue with CryoTanks, actually I can only "solve" it by removing/disabling SimpleBoiloff.dll - this will be fixed soon.

16 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@theJesuit it's actually in the testing - the transmission speed part already works. I use that dev version actually. Don't ask, I got it via chat from PiezPiedPy directly.

Thanks - is that in the more recent Jenkins builds?

6 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Thanks - is that in the more recent Jenkins builds?

Nope. Jenkins is not more afaik, the old url doesn't work anymore. Now it's Github time. :sticktongue:

Edit:

@theJesuit for starters, if you know what to do with it (fiddle out what's needed): https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/pull/48

Edited by Gordon Dry

Ah so in 1.6.1 [beta] in prerelease?  Is just an adjustment or a setting to play with?  (I'm at work currently).

EDIT- Gordon Dry answered in the post above.  Awesome!

Edited by theJesuit

17 hours ago, BlackDragon Korean said:

I understand that the priority is in 1.4.3.
Aside from that, when will 1.3.1 Backport be coming out?
I have created a RSS/RO/RP-0 mod pack that includes sspx, but I have not been able to finalize it due to an error with kerbalism. I could fix the conflicts between the different modes myself, but not in the case of kerbalism.
-through the Google Translator, VaNnadin-

P.S. How do I change my nickname?

P.S.S. Google Translator has developed a lot more than before. lmao :D

I would also like to know this, It'd be nice to know if a working patch was at least planned.

I'm pretty sure you have to ask a mod to change your name, PM one maybe?

Edited by oslowa

@PiezPiedPy, Just to clarify as I don't have a lot of time to spend on KSP at the moment, with the new signal transmission mechanics, if I wanted to increase the speed of transmission back to Kerbin I'm assuming that for each of the antenna, I would just increase packetSize in each of the antennae (through an MM patch)?  Or would I need to do things to the packetInterval and packetResourceCost as well?

Also, I seem to have an issue with HUGE amount of WasteAtmosphere being generated with my Simplex profile (still in BETA). The rates are all the same, but I don't have Ratio added in the rules.  I'm assuming this was added in Kerbalism 1.6.0 but is this now needed to balance rates for these processes that include it within the default profile?

Thanks for your help and ongoing development!

Peace.

@BlackDragon Korean Have you tried using the patch in the post above your latest post ?

@theJesuit yep, changing PacketSize and interval with an MM patch will alter the transmission data rate, basically Rate Mits/s is calculated by PacketSize divided by Interval. Kerbalism takes that calculated Mits/s and divides it by the Signal Strength to get a data rate. WasteAtmos and Pressure was balked in the previous release with the changes to the greenhouse, it has been fixed for the next release, its not on GitHub yet though, its still on my local build pending a PR after some testing.

@TheAnonymous Look in the Parts/LifeSupport folder and the Profiles/Default.cfg

@PiezPiedPy dunno if this is a (new dev you gave me) Kerbalism issue - or stock - or CommnetConstellation. @TaxiService

But I never had it before like this. A relay sat with two or more relay antennas was no problem.

My GeoSat relays with 2 relay antennas each relay through themselves in the Kerbalism readout, look:
m5sxN1W.png

The stock readout also shows something weird, relaying through itself and then also 2 times through the same relay sat:
J5TxlrG.png

So, AntennaHelper had some issues now for some time, also at these times I did not have this kind of issue, but whatsoever I mention it here, @Li0n

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AntennaHelper.Link..ctor (AntennaHelper.Relay transmitter, AntennaHelper.Relay relay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.LinkPath.SetLinks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.LinkPath..ctor (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.AHFlight.SetRelayList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.AHFlight+<StartSecond>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

But because this kind of issue is new to me it could be Kerbalism.

Besides the NRE from AntennaHelper mentioned above (that I'm "used to") there is nothing else but something about RoverScience which could be totally unrelated, but I also mention it here, @Aelfhe1m

Spoiler

Exception loading ScenarioModule RoverScienceScenario: System.FormatException: Invalid format.
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToDouble (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceDB.UpdateRoverScience () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceScenario.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Edited by Gordon Dry

4 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@theJesuit yep, changing PacketSize and interval with an MM patch will alter the transmission data rate, basically Rate Mits/s is calculated by PacketSize divided by Interval. Kerbalism takes that calculated Mits/s and divides it by the Signal Strength to get a data rate. WasteAtmos and Pressure was balked in the previous release with the changes to the greenhouse, it has been fixed for the next release, its not on GitHub yet though, its still on my local build pending a PR after some testing.

Thanks!  That helps and I finally get!  And now I won't have to chase my tail over the atmosphere stuff.  Phew!

My plans for Simplex science will be some reduce the transmit time significantly, make it so the scientists can't restore the materials bay and goo, only at the Lab 'sterile environment and all that'.  I would like reapply a nerf of the 'science mining' such as the stock module or else create a large Mit science experiment available in the Lab, but probably one that is only for surface, low, high orbit.

I'll update Simplex upon the next Kerbalism release!

Peace.

@Gordon Dry Kerbalism does no calculations on the signal path itself, CommNet provides and calculates the relay data for the vessel, Kerbalism just displays the target and Signal strength it was given from CommNet. The signal strength provided by CommNet is then used to calculate the data rates.

18 hours ago, theJesuit said:

My plans for Simplex science will be some reduce the transmit time significantly, make it so the scientists can't restore the materials bay and goo, only at the Lab 'sterile environment and all that'.

@PiezPiedPy turns out that adding back in the ModuleScienceLab also adds the stock lab Converter buttons :/ which even though they say they are happy to extract data aren't part of kerbalism's Module Laboratory data collection service. And so the data disappears to the ether.

So... would it be possible to have kerbalism laboratory module or a new one be able to reset goo and material bays please.  Should I be adding an issue on Github?

Peace.

44 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@theJesuit Make a GitHub issue and I will look into it, should just be a case of adding in the buttons and some code. ;)

Added Issue 60 to Github (and my keyboard seems to revert to the UK for some reasons.... Grrr windows with no hash).

Thanks!  Peace.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:39 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

Have you tried using the patch in the post above your latest post ?

i did but didn't work. I am experiencing errors in inflatable modules. 

1. It is marked as enabled when disabled. In the opposite case, when disabled, it's displayed as enabled

2. crew can not board, whether inflated or not.

3. The rotary module does not rotate.

The version I use is kerbalism bp-1.4.3 and sspx 1.0.2. i'm not using mks. i double checked. and It was the same when only two mods were applied. (except essential mods for run sspx&kerbalism like modulemanager, community resource pack)

Edited by BlackDragon Korean