[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

On 18/03/2018 at 9:14 AM, Bersagliere81 said:

Is it compatible with Real Fuels? Is there any possibility to integrate thi with TAC-LS?

Doesn't make sense an integration with TAC-LS, both has the same idea.

Edited by HaullyGames

13 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

A couple of years ago it was incompatible (I am not playing since then). And you know I loved those external tanks..

What we can do is disable TAC-LS and create a couple of cfg to load those tanks.

But we shouldn't work to make TAC-LS integrated to Kerbalism. Also we shouldn't use Background.dll with Kerbalism.

That would be awesome! As I sayed, I am not playing since years. From what I can remember, kerbalism was "too simple" speaking of food and water. While TAC-LS had a wider choice of storage tanks (I loved their textures too).
Also, I may be wrong but I read Real Fuels used to borke something related to kerbalism. It might be the nitrogen but I can't really remember

2 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

That would be awesome! As I sayed, I am not playing since years. From what I can remember, kerbalism was "too simple" speaking of food and water. While TAC-LS had a wider choice of storage tanks (I loved their textures too).
Also, I may be wrong but I read Real Fuels used to borke something related to kerbalism. It might be the nitrogen but I can't really remember

I think Kerbalism is not simple (Food, water, radiation, comfort(Stress), breath, waste). I don't see any thing that has TAC-LS that we don't have in Kerbalism, but Kerbalism has radiation and comfort.

Talking about Real Fuels, could you create a game that you can simulate this issue?

If yes, please forward the KSP.log and details how to reproduce. 

I know kerbalism is overall more complex, I was just referring to food/water. Apparently it was different at that time.

I can't reproduce the issue atm as I don't even have downloaded the game itself. I am planning to play the game in the coming week. If I see something wrong I'll report it

Hi,

First, I'm happy to see this moving forward- but I have one concern:  Has this skipped the anticipated official 1.3.1 release entirely? It seems a large portion of the mod community is sticking with that version for now, including several large/upcoming ones I'm following (particularly KSS, which plans on having native kerbalism support in the future)

I also have an idea for a module: Drastically upscaled ambient radiation as spacecraft approach/reach relativistic speeds, requiring a large shield (possibly required to be prograde to the vessel but that makes things really complicated)- Really only an issue for crafts capable of surpassing 0.5c (so far, I haven't made anything like that)

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=23913

Hi, awesome to see Kerbalism picked up (by someone with no life no less!)

May I please request instructions on how to add reactions to chemical plants - I want to add kerbalism reaction to liquefy kerbalism Hydrogen resource into Liquid Hydrogen used by Nertea's cryogenic and nuclear engines, and potentially create an array of dedicated radiator-liquifier parts for that.

Just now, nanomage said:

Hi, awesome to see Kerbalism picked up (by someone with no life no less!)

May I please request instructions on how to add reactions to chemical plants - I want to add kerbalism reaction to liquefy kerbalism Hydrogen resource into Liquid Hydrogen used by Nertea's cryogenic and nuclear engines, and potentially create an array of dedicated radiator-liquifier parts for that.

Look through greenhouse modification in the Profiles/Default.cfg

The single use science parts (Goo and Materials study) aren't giving 100% science return. Is that a deliberate change, or a repeat of the bug from the older version of Kerbalism?

2 hours ago, N70 said:

yeah someone made a PR with support for your planet pack or whatever and i merged it into my branch

Alright. I'm just wondering, because I haven't used kerbalism before, and I can't be sure whether I will.

I expect bug reports with kerbalism-GPO support should be referred/directed to here?

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Alright. I'm just wondering, because I haven't used kerbalism before, and I can't be sure whether I will.

I expect bug reports with kerbalism-GPO support should be referred/directed to here?

the "GPO support" is only magnetosphere/radbelt configs btw, but yeah

1 hour ago, geb said:

The single use science parts (Goo and Materials study) aren't giving 100% science return. Is that a deliberate change, or a repeat of the bug from the older version of Kerbalism?

Report it on the gitlab

Is there any working version/file for SSPX Redux?

I was working into the SSPX.cfg to try to get the greenhouse, containers and centrifugal habitations to work properly, but I failed.

BTW I’m still in KSP 1.3 version.

@N70 Just wondering why you use Gitlab rather than GitHub? I find that GitHub desktop comes in really handy for commits, does Gitlab have something similar?

And thanks for continuing this mod, I added a few things to the original when @ShotgunNinja was about.

I also had some pending PR's on the original GitHub waiting for the Ninja to make changes he never got around to implementing so I will probably make new PR's on Gitlab in the near future for you to include into this version if you wish.

4 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@N70 Just wondering why you use Gitlab rather than GitHub? I find that GitHub desktop comes in really handy for commits, does Gitlab have something similar?

And thanks for continuing this mod, I added a few things to the original when @ShotgunNinja was about.

I also had some pending PR's on the original GitHub waiting for the Ninja to make changes he never got around to implementing so I will probably make new PR's on Gitlab in the near future for you to include into this version if you wish.

I used Gitlab due to, ah... conflicts with Github. Also, I use git command line anyways.

Please make PRs!

Edited by N70