[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

Installed Kerbalism on install of ksp 1.4.4 and was also using TAC or TAC-LS.  I noticed that everything works correctly but TAC-LS doesn't seem to be computed into the life support mod.  All the Kerbalsim readings are correct but the TAC-LS food, water, O2, etc are not being displayed.  I remember awhile ago that Kerbalism used to have a profile for using with TAC.  Does anyone know if this is still the case and if so where to get it.

Also the interface at the far top right of the screen is so small i can barely read it and it gets covered up by other mods and even the toolbar, is there a way to change the size or position of it?

Bill

23 hours ago, William516 said:

Installed Kerbalism on install of ksp 1.4.4 and was also using TAC or TAC-LS.  I noticed that everything works correctly but TAC-LS doesn't seem to be computed into the life support mod.  All the Kerbalsim readings are correct but the TAC-LS food, water, O2, etc are not being displayed.  I remember awhile ago that Kerbalism used to have a profile for using with TAC.  Does anyone know if this is still the case and if so where to get it.

Also the interface at the far top right of the screen is so small i can barely read it and it gets covered up by other mods and even the toolbar, is there a way to change the size or position of it?

Bill

Ummm Keebalism IS a life support mod.  You can't have two different ls mods and expect them to work

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I understand that it is two different life support mods but TAC-LS has more parts and at one point a profile was made to work with kerbalsim.  Kerbalsim has so many parts I love but wish i just had more control of the parts and the components to carry.  I was hoping that someone had gotten them to work together again or created a profile to allow them to work.

Thanks 

Bill

Part malfunctions seem not to be working as expected, using KCT and Scrapyard.

Example: I had 3 snubotrons as a retro package on a Mercury-style vessel. One of the 3 snubs malfunctioned - great, I've got redundancy in the other 2. Problem is, when I launched two further missions based on the same design, the same retro-rocket malfunctioned again on both occasions. It's obviously not the same part, as that was decoupled and destroyed on reentry. But malfunctions appear to be persistent across different iterations of the same design, using completely new parts.

I had a similar problem with reusable craft too - every time an RCS module or a light on a landing gear malfunctions, the only way to fix it seems to be by an Engineer kerbal on EVA. Otherwise the same malfunction seems to carry over every time the ship is launched, even if it's a different assembly of the same design. Even when I discard the malfunctioning part in the VAB/SPH using ScrapYard, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the malfunction state. 

Surely Kerbalism should recognise identical parts on identical craft as having their own lifetimes and failure states? Failures shouldn't roll over to new copies of the same design or persist after a reusable ship has been back to the hangar. DangIt seems to do this well, and plays nicely with Scrapyard. Can this be fixed in Kerbalism please?

I agree with the above post @Daedalus451.  Scrapyard stores parts for reuse next time.  It doesn't have a mechanic to fix them.  If a broken part (or fixed part) comes back it'll wait in storage and get place on the next build warts and all.  As if the Falcon 9 boosters didn't get a scrub down before being reused.

But consider that all parts in the game come from a third party manufacturer.  Shipping back broken parts to be fixed has a cost.  Cheaper probably to either keep using the broken one or purchase a new one! 

Maybe talk to Scrapyard about not storing or flagging broken parts so that they don't get reused.

Peace.

Is there any way to hide vessels in the list?   I built a GPS Constellation around kerbin just for fun and now I have 24 relays clogging up the list.  I know how to use the filters and groups, but that just lets you show something specific, I'm looking for kind of the reverse, to hide a group and show everything else instead of show only that group.  

I've just encountered an issue where a vessel marked as debris, which was otherwise a fully functional vessel with life support and kerbals, didn't actually have any resource consumption until marked as a ship. After 200 days in space, even all of the non-renewable consumables were at max still.

Just now, theJesuit said:

I agree with the above post @Daedalus451.  Scrapyard stores parts for reuse next time.  It doesn't have a mechanic to fix them.  If a broken part (or fixed part) comes back it'll wait in storage and get place on the next build warts and all.  As if the Falcon 9 boosters didn't get a scrub down before being reused.

But consider that all parts in the game come from a third party manufacturer.  Shipping back broken parts to be fixed has a cost.  Cheaper probably to either keep using the broken one or purchase a new one! 

Maybe talk to Scrapyard about not storing or flagging broken parts so that they don't get reused.

Peace.

Yes, I understand how Scrapyard is supposed to work. The problem is that this is affecting parts that are not being recovered and reused, yet the failure state is still being copied across to brand new parts on a different vessels. That's not right.

1 hour ago, Daedalus451 said:

Yes, I understand how Scrapyard is supposed to work. The problem is that this is affecting parts that are not being recovered and reused, yet the failure state is still being copied across to brand new parts on a different vessels. That's not right.

Sounds like a feature then (not a bug :| ) Does it happen with new vessels without Scrapyard being present?

I'm going to suggest adding radiation belt support for two bodies of the Sentar expansion mod: Ablate and Sentar.

This mod is the grandfather of non-stock planetary bodies and in my opinion realistic parts of it (there are goofy ones I don't care about) deserve some attention from the modern mods that affect whole systems.

Why Ablate?

• its size and proximity to Kerbol a planetary core, therefore very rich in metals
  • it's tidally locked to Kerbol
  • it's blasted by the stellar wind on the side facing Kerbol

More details here.

I've got something to report. While constructing the last stage of a rover delivery system, I remembered that Kerbalism has xenon tanks.  I attached two big ones and the Δv went through the roof. These tanks have way too small volume to hold this much xenon (1500827.46 units). It's very cheaty so I removed them from the structure.

F8E0C54A4FB99EA516416F377BB4E19A313F6A2E

@lajoswinkler FYI the containers in the next release have been recalculated using their real volumes and densities of the resources contained within also the radial containers will use pressures used by IRL industry

e.g. The Huge Radial Containers with XenonGas @180 bar is 185418.00 units in v1.8.0

If you ask nice on the Discord server you will get a pre-release ;)

3in4EmK.png

On 8/13/2018 at 9:28 PM, eberkain said:

Is there any way to hide vessels in the list?   I built a GPS Constellation around kerbin just for fun and now I have 24 relays clogging up the list.  I know how to use the filters and groups, but that just lets you show something specific, I'm looking for kind of the reverse, to hide a group and show everything else instead of show only that group.  

Yep, I would love this feature, too. Just to get rid off all those relays and probes we are not really interested in.

Hi,

I've just noticed that the ISRU functions don't allow the production of Carbon (CO2) without an atmospehric resource..

in the docs there's this line in resources under the ISRU converters section.

Molten regolith electrolysis EC, Ore [Regolith] Oxygen, CO2, Shielding

but in the VAB when building the MRE option doesn't produce CO2 (or it doesn't state it) only oxygen and shielding.

Is this a bug?

(Backport so low priority if its a bug)

The habitation ring does not inflate or activate. the only button on it is habitation, which stays disabled no matter what. am i doing something stupid? the ... option seems to do nothing as well. 
https://imgur.com/a/QIDXVEz

EDIT: I can enable it VIA save game editing, so it looks like just the buttons are broken right now. 

EDIT2: fixed on latest :D (thx PiezPiedPy)

Edited by Kepler68

@bunjatec CO2 for the MRE process is in v.1.8.0 which has not ben released yet.

@lajoswinkler Add an issue on GitHub, maybe one of the other devs will pick it up, Radiation belts aint my thing, probably best to ping Gordon Dry on the Discord, as far as I know he knows how to edit the Belts.

Edited by PiezPiedPy

@PiezPiedPy

cheers, I made a custom config to fix it for me, and while I was here (as I use Extraplanetary launchpads) I edited it to produce Metal as well, may be a useful thing for EL to put in a Patch or to detect EL and implement here (I don't know which would be best)

I also created a Carbonate baking process that would be similar to a lime kiln, heat ore (limestone) to release CO2 and produce quicklime (to use as concrete for shielding)

Does anyone have inconsistencies between the planner and actual flight.  

In the planner it says I have 5 days of food.  On the launchpad it says 10 days 4 hours. 

In the planner with a fiel cell on I have 6 days of hydrogen supply, on the launchpad its 2.  

Hi there, I ran into an interesting situation where Jebediah exploded on the SPH runway after EVA'ing about.

I'm not sure if/whether Kerbalism had anything to do with it, but I did get this Exception spamming quite a few times when/after it happened.

[LOG 00:01:43.443] [F: 403062]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) collided into End09_Mesh - relative velocity: 149.546 - no impact momentum (no RB)
[EXC 00:01:43.451] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ProtoCrewMember].get_Item (Int32 index)
	KERBALISM.EVA.IsDead (.Vessel v)
	KERBALISM.HardDrive.Update ()
[LOG 00:01:43.459] 1 explosions created.
[EXC 00:01:43.482] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ProtoCrewMember].get_Item (Int32 index)
	KERBALISM.EVA.IsDead (.Vessel v)
	KERBALISM.Misc.SetLocks (.Vessel v, KERBALISM.Vessel_info vi)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()

Can anyone shed some light on what the Kerbalism part of the Exception is doing?

Updated: After a little research, I can see that "End09_Mesh" appears to be the SPH Runway itself. Not sure how exactly Jeb got up to 149.546 m/s by walking around... but apparently he hit it pretty hard and exploded...

Edited by scottadges

@bunjatec there is an EPL.cfg file in the Kerbalism/Support folder, you could add MM patches in there.

@eberkain Could be a number of issues why, could be a mod conflict, would need more info to help, i.e. screenshots, version etc.

@scottadges Something weird has happened there, Kerbalism has thrown an exception because the Kerbal has mysteriously exploded and disappeared from memory.