[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

How goes the struggle?

And why am I still the only person ever to make a self sufficient base with this mod :P:P:D:D !!!

(yh with like 2-4 kerbals max)

I initially had issues with ammonia and nitrogen, as in, the only way to make either was with the other, was this just me? Is there a way to harvest nitrogen and if so, is it only using atmosphere extraction? Cause if so, that explains why my mun base had issues with it, and btw, that would make bases worlds without air and nitrogen impossible, which I think isn't right, we should be able to mine nitrogen and ammonia. 

Any modders here willing to hear a few ideas and willing to implement them? I spoke to freethinker and he made me understand how hard mods are to do even as a professional programmer, anyone willing to hear me out, inbox me

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

How goes the struggle?

And why am I still the only person ever to make a self sufficient base with this mod :P:P:D:D !!!

(yh with like 2-4 kerbals max)

I initially had issues with ammonia and nitrogen, as in, the only way to make either was with the other, was this just me? Is there a way to harvest nitrogen and if so, is it only using atmosphere extraction? Cause if so, that explains why my mun base had issues with it, and btw, that would make bases worlds without air and nitrogen impossible, which I think isn't right, we should be able to mine nitrogen and ammonia. 

Any modders here willing to hear a few ideas and willing to implement them? I spoke to freethinker and he made me understand how hard mods are to do even as a professional programmer, anyone willing to hear me out, inbox me

I think self sufficient bases will be easier with Simplex... if only because you only need to worry about breakages and the buildup of radiation and stress amd mining only one resource.

AFAIK the longest you can get with stress and radiation is around 21 years with max living space and max shielding?

Also... I wonder if there is a way to implement a using of a resource to fix breakages.  Ideas?

8 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Any idea what's going on?

It's because CRP I guess, these resources still exist in the KSP universe and all saved vessels and vessels inside persistent save file still have them.

@sslaptnhablhat

choose one:

1. Load the craft in VAB and replace the pod with a new one, reassemble
  2. Rebuild the craft from scratch
  3. fiddle in the craft and persistent files

I suggest 1.

Edit:

I should mention when you mean vessels already in space then you only could fiddle with the persistent file ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

19 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@sslaptnhablhat

choose one:

1. Load the craft in VAB and replace the pod with a new one, reassemble
  2. Rebuild the craft from scratch
  3. fiddle in the craft and persistent files

I suggest 1.

Edit:

I should mention when you mean vessels already in space then you only could fiddle with the persistent file ...

Thanks!

On 5/12/2018 at 1:26 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

So I uninstalled the mod, but the in-game resources still appear, every time I launch a craft the resources tab is crammed with Oxygen, Nitrogen, Food etc. Any idea what's going on?

If you uninstalled using CKAN, make sure there's no stray "Kerbalism" directory in your GameData.

ModuleManager will use the presence of a directory (among other things) when testing for whether or not a mod is installed, so even if the directory is empty it will still pass a "REQUIRES[Kerbalism]" test.

37 minutes ago, Maeyanie said:

If you uninstalled using CKAN, make sure there's no stray "Kerbalism" directory in your GameData.

ModuleManager will use the presence of a directory (among other things) when testing for whether or not a mod is installed, so even if the directory is empty it will still pass a "REQUIRES[Kerbalism]" test.

I don't use CKAN and I have fixed the problem.

1.6.0 approaches. Here's a changelog.

* A first attempt at scaling Kerbalism UI to follow KSP UI scaling
** By default using the scaling configured for KSP, with an additional scale factor in Settings.cfg if needed to overrule the default
** Some tooltips, such as the comfort and radiation will not show perfectly aligned text, but the content is there and the font readable
* Humidity Control and a new Life Support Unit part (curtesy of PiezPiedPy)
* Scale down food production to realistic levels, and make it dependent on CO2 (madman2003)
** Every kerbal now requires 2x Kerbalism greenhouse, or 3x 2.5m SSPX greenhouses, or 6x 3.5m SSPX greenhouses for permanent food production
** SSPX greenhouses include a habitat area, leaving very little space for food production
* Water recyling is more realistic, recovering only 85% of Water (this is better than what ISS achieves in real life)
** Ammonia and CO2 are recovered from Water, rather than producing Waste. This is to avoid (future) conflicts between the mineral content of urine and feces
* Kerbalism CO2 tanks are now full by default in order to supply Greenhouses with CO2 (madman2003)
* Fix display of Habitat volume and space in tooltip, they used to be swapped (madman2003)
* Minor fixes to SSPX config file (madman2003)
* Add Electrolysis with H2 priority and Sabatier with H2O priority (madman2003)
* Give Greenhouses the basic resources needed to run (madman2003)
* Profile importing is now available to modders who wish to import their own procceses, rules, supplies etc (thanks to PiezPiedPy)
   see Issue #2 on GitHub for more information [Here](https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/issues/2)
* Updated Profiler GUI to use the Canvas system. Added Reset averages & Show zero calls buttons,
   a Framerate limiter, avg calls and frame counter (thanks go to PiezPiedPy)

There is now a help file on GitHub for those wishing to report bugs or contribute to Kerbalism.
   see https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md 
Edited by N70

I have an issue with the kerbalism, why they didn't show up when i press "change the resource"? I mean the window didn't show up. it happen in kerbalism 1.5.1 and 1.6.0. Anybody know what happen? But when i still used ksp 1.4.1 there wasn't any bug like that.

Edited by BlackWing Pilot

1 hour ago, BlackWing Pilot said:

I have an issue with the kerbalism, why they didn't show up when i press "change the resource"? I mean the window didn't show up. it happen in kerbalism 1.5.1 and 1.6.0. Anybody know what happen? But when i still used ksp 1.4.1 there wasn't any bug like that.

Have you tried deleting Kerbalism and re-installing ?

On 5/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, The-Doctor said:

The "Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer" science part is Kerbalism's atmosphere harvester if you didn't know it. It already mines Nitrogen but does not do Ammonia. Kerbalism also only lets you drill for Ore and Water. CRP does not provide crustal Nitrogen so you can't drill for it anyway.

If Kerbalism is indeed fully dependent on CRP now then I have bad news for you or would like confirmation of a bad situation. I can't find the stock system resource configs in this mod's repo (so I assume they are deleted) and CRP does not have a distribution config at all for Nitrogen, Ammonia, or Hydrogen, so these cannot be found at all in the stock planets. 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Would you ever be open to the idea of heat as a resource? Having heat build up in the spacecraft, requiring radiators to mitigate. I remember that Interstellar mod did this. 

I think heat mitigation would add yet another additional layer of realism, complexity, and depth to what is already a terrific mod. It would also give more of a reason to use the stock radiators. Just my thoughts. 

Kerbalism=Best Mod

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The "Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer" science part is Kerbalism's atmosphere harvester if you didn't know it. It already mines Nitrogen but does not do Ammonia. Kerbalism also only lets you drill for Ore and Water. CRP does not provide crustal Nitrogen so you can't drill for it anyway.

If Kerbalism is indeed fully dependent on CRP now then I have bad news for you or would like confirmation of a bad situation. I can't find the stock system resource configs in this mod's repo (so I assume they are deleted) and CRP does not have a distribution config at all for Nitrogen, Ammonia, or Hydrogen, so these cannot be found at all in the stock planets. 

note I have not played with kerballism for a while, since I made my outpost and learned the issues kerbalism had. The fact I can only gain nitrogen from planetary atmospheres is pretty bad, especially since that makes creating independent bases on moons etc impossible

10 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Yes, I re-installed the kerbalism 1.5.1 and change it with kerbalism 1.6.0

10 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Yes, I re-installed the kerbalism 1.5.1 and change it with kerbalism 1.6.0

12 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

note I have not played with kerballism for a while, since I made my outpost and learned the issues kerbalism had. The fact I can only gain nitrogen from planetary atmospheres is pretty bad, especially since that makes creating independent bases on moons etc impossible

That would suck very badly, yeah... If it means anything, solid Nitrogen is known to be prevalent in the crusts of ice worlds so three certain stock bodies should fit the bill for your drill.

***EDIT: will post on github, please ignore***By chance or through modification of the kerbalism files, has anyone found a way to bypass the time-warp bug of vessels (especially bases) having all their EC drained? What I've done so far is enable the infinite electricity cheat when I know I have huge time warps but figured there was a config i could play around with to make it work? On a side note, there are times when I get frustrated with the little things, but I will tell you I CANNOT stand playing KSP WITHOUT Kerbalism. It is just a whole other level. I'm sure working on a mod this game changing might be a huge tasking but keep up the great work!

Edited by Zeroroller