[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

18 minutes ago, Astate210 said:

Hello there! 

I was wondering how could I re-activate the Signal feature in the last version of Kerbalism?

Thank you. 

Settings.cfg

On 2018-04-02 at 11:41 PM, cnose said:

You posted that file before, but it is the Classic.cfg and does not say anything about Signal. Are you sure that is the correct file?

I apologize, that is indeed the wrong file. With the new changes in the latest versions i'm not sure how relevant this is anymore anyway.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, Drew Kerman said:

I couldn't agree less, but that's why it was made to be disabled and replaced with something else if you wanted. I'd suggest looking into how to patch things with ModuleManager if you're really annoyed about having to manually disable it with each update

@Kerbalism
{
  @Signal = false
}

I honestly don't mind, it barely affects me.  Just glad they're getting rid of a terrible system.  They're not just giving you the option of disabling it, they're abandoning it because it is/was demonstrably worse than Kerbnet or RemoteTech.

Edited by Xordus

3 hours ago, Xordus said:

I honestly don't mind, it barely affects me.  Just glad they're getting rid of a terrible system.  They're not just giving you the option of disabling it, they're abandoning it because it is/was demonstrably worse than Kerbnet or RemoteTech.

It's also a pain to maintain

I'd like to ask, now that @Nertea has released the new-and-embetered Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux, full of habitation modules, centrifuges and the like, are there any plans to either support it from the Get-go like Kerbalism does with NFT Electrical?

Edited by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a "hat" modules. :p

36 minutes ago, GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca said:

I'd like to ask, now that @Nertea has released the new-and-embetered Sotckalike Station Parts Expansion Redux, full of habitation modules, centrifuges and the like, are there any plans to either support it from the Get-go like Kerbalism does with NFT Electrical?

There is a patch for it, yes, and I'm under the impression that it's being updated.

On 2018-04-08 at 6:10 AM, Xordus said:

How? You are stating it like it's a fact that this system was worse, but imo it had multiple benefits over RemoteTech, the first one being it being more realistic, while ignoring all the micro management.

CommNet on the other hand have all the issues with weird math due to stacking antennas and boosts through relays that make in unintuitive. It also limits the science you can get, which is not in everyones taste.

My whole point is that surely this is a matter of taste?

Obviously, the point is moot, as N70 think it's not worth the work to maintain, which I fully respect.
I do find it silly to say "This should be removed because I personally don't like it, and I don't care if others do (no matter if I could just disable it for myself)" though.

After updating to version BP-1.4.3 Kerbalism spams NREs:

KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI ()
[EXC 00:46:10.067] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.079] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Highlighter.update ()
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()
[EXC 00:46:10.120] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.121] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.133] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.155] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.155] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.170] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.190] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.190] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:46:10.203] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Also this (earlier from the log):

[LOG 00:43:35.614] [Kerbalism] version 1.4.3.8
[LOG 00:43:35.617] [Kerbalism] error while trying to parse 'HideGroundStationsDist' from Kerbalism (Input string was not in the correct format)

Needless to say that there's no Button and no models in the VAB available (no button also).

I'll look into it. Also, 

[LOG 00:43:35.617] [Kerbalism] error while trying to parse 'HideGroundStationsDist' from Kerbalism (Input string was not in the correct format)

is unrelated

16 hours ago, nosscire said:

Obviously, the point is moot, as N70 think it's not worth the work to maintain, which I fully respect.

same here, I was hoping this wouldn't be the first mod I would have to fork and work on to get to 1.4.x but looks like it might be if ShotgunNinja doesn't return to carry on. I really liked Signal's take on the DSN

I personally don't play with kerbalism signal or science but have my own cfg to utilise the science value changes but without the slow drip feed back.  

I also don't understand why this is an issue for players who didn't like it and could simply switch it off.  Has disabling it given a different result?  Honest question here. Please don't bite.

Kerbalism 1.5 will be out today or tomorrow. Changelog:

• Removed Signal completely
  • CME blackouts are now supported in RemoteTech, but only on the latest version.
  • Added @HaullyGames Deploy system. Some things, such as landing legs, will take EC to extend/retract
  • Completed SSPX support Coming in future update
  • Added Inflate module Coming in future update

You can get the latest builds on Jenkins. All features except for the ones with a are in the Jenkins builds.

Edited by N70

7 hours ago, N70 said:

Kerbalism 1.5 will be out today or tomorrow. Changelog:

• Removed Signal completely
  • CME blackouts are now supported in RemoteTech, but only on the latest version.
  • Added @HaullyGames Deploy system. Some things, such as landing legs, will take EC to extend/retract
  • Completed SSPX support*
  • Added Inflate module*

You can get the latest builds on Jenkins. All features except for the ones with a are in the Jenkins builds.

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

As a heads up I too have a new Profile to upload called Simplex. It will be a step up from classic to default with a slightly more stock-a-like feel with Air/BadAir and Consumables for Food/water.  Radiation, stress pressure, leakage etc are all still in, but without all the different real world elements like H and N.  I'm planning to post by the weekend.

Question How does removing signal affect the slow transmission of science data- or is this more like stock now?

Edited by theJesuit

Kerbalism 1.5 is now out. Changelog:

• Removed Signal completely.
  • CME blackouts are now supported by RemoteTech, but only in 1.8.10.3 or above.
  • Fixed some Science nullrefs

IF ANYONE HERE KNOWS RUSSIAN, GERMAN, OR REALLY ANY LANGUAGE BESIDES ENGLISH, MESSAGE ME, I'D LIKE TO TRANSLATE KERBALISM!

Edited by N70
ok I think we got Russian handled

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

As a heads up I too have a new Profile to upload called Simplex. It will be a step up from classic to default with a slightly more stock-a-like feel with Air/BadAir and Consumables for Food/water.  Radiation, stress pressure, leakage etc are all still in, but without all the different real world elements like H and N.  I'm planning to post by the weekend.

Question How does removing signal affect the slow transmission of science data- or is this more like stock now?

Aawww yeah, looking forward to this!

One thing that I'd like to be able to toggle off is the habitation/mood penalty, is there a way in this new version? or perhaps some OPM friendly settings?

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

1 hour ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Aawww yeah, looking forward to this!

One thing that I'd like to be able to toggle off is the habitation/mood penalty, is there a way in this new version? or perhaps some OPM friendly settings?

What I did for my 4x scale game was edit Profiles/Default.cfg and halve the 'degeneration' value for radiation and stress.  This halves how quickly it builds up.