[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

I did some messing around and programming. I now made the science container reappear and can also take surface samples like a Kerbal and can store data like a hard drive. The usefulness of this is that if I want a sample return from an inhospitable and dangerous place that kerbals can't get to safely, like Eve, I can, or a sample return from Jool which has dangerous radiation that kills just about all Kerbals, I can. It gives the part a new function and makes the game more fun, anyone who wants these configs send me a private message. 

In future I will also edit my active shields to provide complete protection but use a lot more power to do so, when the times comes for interstellar missions.

Edited by The-Doctor

hi there, i have encoutered a bug when trying to symmetrically place a part with a kerbalism resource. I have tested this with several parts such as the "pressurised tanks" with each being able 2x placement but any higher causes a spam of the log with the following error:

[EXC 09:13:37.750] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartResource].get_Item (Int32 index)
    DictionaryValueList`2[System.Int32,PartResource].At (Int32 index)
    PartResourceList.get_Item (Int32 index)
    Part.OnCopy (.Part original, Boolean asSymCounterpart)
    EditorLogic.createSymmetry (Int32 mode, .Attachment attach)
    EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__D ()
    KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
    EditorLogic.Update ()

found this issue in my career mode then removed all mods apart from below to test in sandbox on ksp 1.6.1 with 

kerbalism                               2.1.2

module manager                 4.02

community resource pack 1.1.0.0

hope this helps to resolve this

thanks

cross ref : https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/issues/328

Edited by casper88

1 hour ago, squidgeny said:

Does the laboratory work the same way with Kerbalism as it does in stock?

There isn't a lot of reference to it in the documentation, so I assume so, but it would be good to have confirmation.

(I barely know how it works in Stock but this wiki page was very informative: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mobile_Processing_Lab_MPL-LG-2)

It doesn't. In stock laboratory gives you huge amount of science neatly for free.

In Kerbalism it allows you to transmit science data from samples like materials bay, which normally, you would have to return to Kerbin to get the reward.

IMHO labs in Kerbalism would need some love, as for now they are quite obsolete.

Edited by Darkherring

I'm not a frequent poster here on forums, but I encountered a problem which I can't solve for 2 days already. 

I have recently made a separate KSP install based on GPP and Kerbalism (and several other mods) and some solar panels from ProbesPlus mod (e.g. CA-E100 1x2) aren't producing EC on background. While I have direct control of a satellite with those solar panels they're successfully recharging its batteries, but if I switch to another ship (or to KSC/tracking station) batteries immediately start to discharge. If I switch back to that satellite, EC starts to generate again.

I think it's worth mentioning that these solar panels are fixed (not tracking the Sun), so I even installed Persistent Rotation mod to keep my satellite properly oriented, but it didn't help.

I looked through the configs and just don't understand why these panels are not working as intended. They use stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel which should be automatically patched with Kerbalism's WarpFixer module.

So I'm out of ideas now and any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here is the logfile https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wc9IYucd3PVBCkX1oAkY9x5_DdnPOl1B

Edited by AlexSheFF
KSP.log added

12 hours ago, Darkherring said:

It doesn't. In stock laboratory gives you huge amount of science neatly for free.

In Kerbalism it allows you to transmit science data from samples like materials bay, which normally, you would have to return to Kerbin to get the reward.

IMHO labs in Kerbalism would need some love, as for now they are quite obsolete.

I'm gonna work on an edit to some code to kerbalism to make the labs generate the science like stock as well as analyse samples to be beamed 

3 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I'm gonna work on an edit to some code to kerbalism to make the labs generate the science like stock as well as analyse samples to be beamed 

Why not just turn off the science mechanic in kerbalism and be done with it?

Peace.

EDIT NVM just reread and you want the analyse samples thing.

Edited by theJesuit
Rereading

15 hours ago, Darkherring said:

I wonder if it might be interesting to simulate the sort of work being done on the ISS. Ship up a resource called "Experiments" and have a Lab turn Experiments into Science. It would need to be complicated a bit beyond that, but the basic idea would be generating a very small amount of Science over a long period of time. 

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Why not just turn off the science mechanic in kerbalism and be done with it?

Peace.

EDIT NVM just reread and you want the analyse samples thing.

Because I just like others like some mechanics. I used to speak to shotgun often and he took many of my suggestions seriously, I'm on the first page of kerbalism. Before he went offline he took my suggestions to make a special profile for kerbalism. He also planned to implement my suggestion where you need satellites monitoring the sun to detect and warn of solar flares or you get only a few minutes notice. He also planned to implement my suggestion of needing a resource for repairs he planned to call hardware. I miss him a lot as he took a lot of fan feedback and implemented suggestions. I wish this would still be the case but alas I'm greatful the mod even exists still. 

2 hours ago, John Nowak said:

I wonder if it might be interesting to simulate the sort of work being done on the ISS. Ship up a resource called "Experiments" and have a Lab turn Experiments into Science. It would need to be complicated a bit beyond that, but the basic idea would be generating a very small amount of Science over a long period of time. 

This would be better IMHO than the stock lab science generation.  

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

. I used to speak to shotgun often and he took many of my suggestions seriously

To be fair requests and conversation and debate! about features does occur on the discord server where the coding devs hang out often.  In fact one of them is musing about putting an unlimited science generator akin to stock back in.  It may be they haven't yet because life and bugs.  Some of my humble requests and suggestions have been added.  Some haven't. 

Try requesting there.

Peace.

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

This would be better IMHO than the stock lab science generation.  

Thanks! The problem would be to keep it from turning into free science forever. 

I'm not sure that's a problem, though. You need to keep the scientists alive and kicking, and you need to ship experiments. Maybe every few hundred science you need to upgrade the station with a new lab. 

Hey so I just downloaded this from CKAN and have a few questions/issues that I have seen solutions to yet in this forum. I am running this with Planetary Base Systems Inc mod.

1. I have part files for the gravity ring in my directory, but it's not in my game at all. This is regardless of whether it's sandbox or not. Was it removed and I just am not seeing it in this topic???

2. There isn't a button to turn on artificial lights in either the Planetary Base greenhouse or the Kerbalism greenhouse. Was this removed??

3. Is the hitchhiker part the only part that offers exercise? If you're on a planet with significant gravity, are the exercise requirements less or non-existent? 

37 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Hi @MassoudGL

CKAN install might be your issue.  A manual install from Github may be the answer.

But before that, are you using a different TechTree?

Peace.

I tried a manual install, no change. Still cannot see gravity ring or the artificial light option for greenhouses.

I am not using a different tech tree. The only mods I'm using that alter the tech tree are Scansat, SpaceY, planetary base mod.

So I ended up uninstalling and doing a clean install after cleaning and it's working fine now. I reinstalled all my mods and everything is nominal. So I think it was just a weird issue on my end. Thanks for helping though. 

I did want to ask about mining and if there's a way to expand the infinite propellant cheat to water/nitrogen/all extra resources for the purposes not doing repeated refueling runs and killing my game enjoyment. If not, is mining really that much more complicated or is it just that it makes use of all the resources?

28 minutes ago, MassoudGL said:

I did want to ask about mining and if there's a way to expand the infinite propellant cheat to water/nitrogen/all extra resources for the purposes not doing repeated refueling runs and killing my game enjoyment. If not, is mining really that much more complicated or is it just that it makes use of all the resources?

If you find the resources on a planet then it will be infinite.  AFAIK nitrogen is only available in atmospheres such as Duna or Laythe or Kerbin.

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

If you find the resources on a planet then it will be infinite.  AFAIK nitrogen is only available in atmospheres such as Duna or Laythe or Kerbin.

Cool, thanks! I just noticed that pressurization isn't required on Laythe, I assume because of breathable atmosphere. Does this mean that habitats are depressurized/are tanks devoted to oxygen/nitrogen easily refilled??

1 hour ago, MassoudGL said:

Cool, thanks! I just noticed that pressurization isn't required on Laythe, I assume because of breathable atmosphere. Does this mean that habitats are depressurized/are tanks devoted to oxygen/nitrogen easily refilled??

I'd assume so...  :)

As a side note, a CME just hit a space station with six tourists, and I imagine it is playing out a bit like Gerald Brennan's Island of Clouds. 

Fortunately, my Reputation hasn't taken a hit, so I guess everyone is okay with it. You'd think that would generate a bit of bad press.

I'm curious if anyone has had an issue where kerbals become KIA when switching between vessels? For reference the only mods are latest and greatest Kerbalim and KIS/KAS. I'm still going to do another clean install with just Kerbalism and attempt to recreate the situation but wanted to put it out and see if anyone has had the same issue, Thanks and great mod. This is a must have MOD. 

Edited by Zeroroller

Hi all, I'm having an issue with the mod and wondering if someone can help. When looking at command pods and cockpits, they all have a long list of bright blue "#autoloc 123..." entries. I'm sure this is not right? I don't know if it affects gameplay.

As a pre-req, I have deleted all mods, reinstalled KSP fresh, and then installed nothing but Kerbalism and it's automatic required addons via KSP.

See screenshot for issue:

UMPt9Kf.jpg

Thanks for any help.