[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

52 minutes ago, CanOmer said:

I also use Memgraph to reduce garbage collection which is a huge problem for me. But in the editor (SPH or VAB) Memgraph is not working. At first I went to Memgraph topic and we found out that Kerbalism causes the problem. Is there anything you can do about this issue?

Correction:  Memgraph IS working and is showing you a problem which was found to be in the Kerbalism mod

2 hours ago, afafsa said:

That may have something to do with it. I only seem to have issues when I undock my lander and take it to the Mun's surface. The lander has an airlock part, which I assumed would minimize the amount of nitrogen wasted, but I guess not.

Each EVA should result in 330 N2 maybe?

Hello, tell me please, is it possible to use only that part of kerbalism, which is responsible for calculating the production and consumption of electricity (what to remove for this)? Or can you advise the mod to calculate these indicators? Except AmpYear since it does not display the electricity consumption of tanks for hydrogen.

Maybe one of you can give a hint in calculation used food per meal.

In default profile there is:

Rule
  {
    name = eating
    input = Food
    output = Waste
    rate = 0.1312141885 // Based on ISS figures of dehydrated food of 0.59Kg/meal 3 times/day = 1.77Kg/day.
                        // Kerbals use 1/16 of an astronauts use and have 2 meals/day giving figures of 0.036875Kg/meal = 0.07375Kg/day
                        // Food to Waste mass difference is calculated internally
    interval = 10800.0  // 2 meals per-day

How is rate calculated from the other figures. So 0.07375 * 2 does not give 0.1312141885. Does the rest goes to waste directly, even if this waste number would be negative?

In classic, there is drinking missing.

Edited by New Horizons

On 1/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, theJesuit said:

Not sure I can help with the bugs listed above.  Best to ask on the Discord server please.

However I think I've nutted out the Extraplanetary launch pads issue which didn't allow for the modules for ECLSS to work at all when building craft using EL.  I'll be doing a little more testing and will do a PR tonight.

Peace.

Is EL working with Kerbalism now in 1.6.1? Out of interest.

Just now, Nathangun said:

Is EL working with Kerbalism now in 1.6.1? Out of interest.

When I tried it it did, with the Simplex Resources, but can't remember if it was the latest.  I haven't played in a while, and this was at least a MONTH ago...  I haven't had a chance to put in recipes to the Kerbalism branch yet.

How are you at coding MM patches?  To ensure compatibility, i found there needs to be recipes for the psudo-resources that kerbalism uses.  Not hard.

Peace.

6 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

How are you at coding MM patches?  To ensure compatibility, i found there needs to be recipes for the psudo-resources that kerbalism uses.  Not hard.

Gosh I wouldn't know where to start, I play KSP about an hour a week if I'm lucky. Never used the EL mod, just catching up with this thread lol.

While I have your attention, are the Near Future mods no longer compatible with Kerbalism or is it still the one with Cryogenic Engines?

Edit: oh the the Kerbal Atomic mod?

Edited by Nathangun

3 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Maybe one of you can give a hint in calculation used food per meal.

In default profile there is:

Rule
  {
    name = eating
    input = Food
    output = Waste
    rate = 0.1312141885 // Based on ISS figures of dehydrated food of 0.59Kg/meal 3 times/day = 1.77Kg/day.
                        // Kerbals use 1/16 of an astronauts use and have 2 meals/day giving figures of 0.036875Kg/meal = 0.07375Kg/day
                        // Food to Waste mass difference is calculated internally
    interval = 10800.0  // 2 meals per-day

How is rate calculated from the other figures. So 0.07375 * 2 does not give 0.1312141885. Does the rest goes to waste directly, even if this waste number would be negative?

In classic, there is drinking missing.

CRP resources are 1 liter / unit. So probably the rate is in liters, while the comment is in Kg.

@N70  I edited the science config of kerbalism to make the science container able to hold data, I also edited the science box in stock to be able to take surface samples. This way, the science box can act as a method of sample returns from distant places that can't be accessed easily by kerbals, allowing sample return missions, which is fairly realistic, I have slightly decreased the science yield from a robotic sample return. Sample's can't be transmitted and have to be sent back to the KSC. You could place it on the front page under list of user made configs players may be interested in.

Links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0midtgruxzv9oix/Science.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkho9tt4feuig9u/ScienceBox.cfg?dl=0

2 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

You mangled the link, did you mean https://imgur.com/a/JuqzBKk?

NaN% CO2, ok. What versions of Kerbalism, CRP, MM, and KSP?

Edited by lordcirth

I have a wish for further compatibility improvements to other mods. It would be nice to use Kronometer times as an alternative to Kerbin or 24 hour times.

It is compatible to V1.6 (Github download), though the tread states V1.3.1.

19 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

Kerbalism 2.1.2

CRP 1.1.0.0

MM 4.02

KSP 1.6.1

Also, the antenna is not detected.

Did you install Kerbalism from CKAN? Because that doesnt work recently, for some reason.

So how do you mine on Minmus in this? As I understand from the manual, you need access to both regolith and water if not in atmosphere in order to synthesize the ingredients needed. But in scanning the planet, I don't see any place that has both of these, it's only one or the other. What am I missing??

3 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Did you install Kerbalism from CKAN? Because that doesn't work recently, for some reason.

Yea, everything through ckan. Been playing for a week without too many problems. Even now that ship appears to be working correctly.

Edit: after a restart it is working again.

Edited by Tacombel

1 hour ago, MassoudGL said:

So how do you mine on Minmus in this? As I understand from the manual, you need access to both regolith and water if not in atmosphere in order to synthesize the ingredients needed. But in scanning the planet, I don't see any place that has both of these, it's only one or the other. What am I missing??

You are missing nothing. Nobody said it will be easy. Build two bases, transport resources between them.

@Kastruss Thank you! Make a PR on the Github repository please, at https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism

@CanOmer Also about the memgraph issues: could you try the latest experimental builds at https://builds.steamport.xyz

20 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@N70  I edited the science config of kerbalism to make the science container able to hold data, I also edited the science box in stock to be able to take surface samples. This way, the science box can act as a method of sample returns from distant places that can't be accessed easily by kerbals, allowing sample return missions, which is fairly realistic, I have slightly decreased the science yield from a robotic sample return. Sample's can't be transmitted and have to be sent back to the KSC. You could place it on the front page under list of user made configs players may be interested in.

Links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0midtgruxzv9oix/Science.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkho9tt4feuig9u/ScienceBox.cfg?dl=0

Experiments are going to be massively changed in 2.2. Thanks, but see the PRs on github.

44 minutes ago, CanOmer said:

I'm currently playing a career with Kerbalism. Would switching to the new version of Kerbalism break my career save?

It will now i think due to science changes. Sorry! 

2 hours ago, CanOmer said:

I'm currently playing a career with Kerbalism. Would switching to the new version of Kerbalism break my career save?

The Experiments would likely break any active missions