[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

Just now, bulletrhli said:

Never heard it before, checked the sound files in Chatterer and yes, it was the SSTV files. Thanks! 

you can keep chatterer and disable the noise by finding the Advanced Settings in the chatterer settings, turning it on, then disabling sstv on science transmit

3 minutes ago, N70 said:

you can keep chatterer and disable the noise by finding the Advanced Settings in the chatterer settings, turning it on, then disabling sstv on science transmit

Essentially what I did! :)

The Habitats, be it the inflatable rings from sspx or the stock command/passenger modules, inflate to 100%, but as soon i move kerbals around it all goes down and has to be inflated (shows inflating for 'solid' parts too) again. I can remember last time i played there was an extra .cfg needed for the sspx things, if so, i didn't stumble upon it and please point me into the right direction, i'm tired of launching supply pods full of nitrogen :p

Beside that, thanks man for this wonderful mod, adds a lot to ksp.

Edited by micr0wave

Hello everyone, I just came back to Kerbalism and was happy to see the new version. After trying it however I've noticed a bug : despite having unlocked the Mono+O2 fuel cell from Basic Science and enabling it on my pod, it doesn't consume or produce anything, neither in the planner nor in the "field". I'm running nothing but the Kerbalism mod (core+config), Module Manager and Community Ressource Pack (dependency).

Could anyone have a look please?

Hey! Not that anyone cares but I discovered why my pods kept sinking! I have Kerbal Construction Time, which is disabled in Sandbox and overrides the launch button... I'd remove the shielding in the VAB, and then, when I launched it, I would click the "Fill Tanks and Launch" button, which maxes out every resource, including shielding, and I would be none the wiser.

So that's that mystery solved.

1 hour ago, Notepad said:

Hey! Not that anyone cares but I discovered why my pods kept sinking! I have Kerbal Construction Time, which is disabled in Sandbox and overrides the launch button... I'd remove the shielding in the VAB, and then, when I launched it, I would click the "Fill Tanks and Launch" button, which maxes out every resource, including shielding, and I would be none the wiser.

So that's that mystery solved.

KCT shouldn't be maxing out shielding, at least LGG's version shouldn't, it uses a whitelist of fuels.

Hey so I'm new to Kerbalism and just installing it for the first time. I have a question regarding some mods that I usually use and if they will be rendered useless due to the new science implementation by Kerbalism.

The mods are ..

The last one (DMagic's Modlets) I currently use the Science Relay modlet.

I'm presuming since Kerbalism effectively replaces the stock system, that Science Relay, ScienceAlert, and [x]Science will be basically useless? And if I've followed correctly Kerbalism uses it's own experiment modules? So that would render the Extended Information about Scientific Experiments mod useless? And then from the recent changelog (3.0.1 and 3.0.2) am I safe to assume that Kerbalism removes the need to do an experiment multiple times for full science reward? (Which would render the Science - Full Reward! mod useless.

If anyone can verify this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 hour ago, N70 said:

KCT shouldn't be maxing out shielding, at least LGG's version shouldn't, it uses a whitelist of fuels.

I can confirm KCT in version 1.4.6.4 was screwing me up with loading full shielding with "Fill Tanks and Launch" so...

2 hours ago, CoriW said:

Hey so I'm new to Kerbalism and just installing it for the first time. I have a question regarding some mods that I usually use and if they will be rendered useless due to the new science implementation by Kerbalism.

The mods are ..

The last one (DMagic's Modlets) I currently use the Science Relay modlet.

I'm presuming since Kerbalism effectively replaces the stock system, that Science Relay, ScienceAlert, and [x]Science will be basically useless? And if I've followed correctly Kerbalism uses it's own experiment modules? So that would render the Extended Information about Scientific Experiments mod useless? And then from the recent changelog (3.0.1 and 3.0.2) am I safe to assume that Kerbalism removes the need to do an experiment multiple times for full science reward? (Which would render the Science - Full Reward! mod useless.

If anyone can verify this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You'd be correct.

4 hours ago, CoriW said:

most of what those mods do no longer makes any sense with experiments that a) aren’t one-click and b) have a built in automation to start it whenever possible. the exception would be mods that display how much of the currently available science already is done (although the concept of „currently available“ changed, too) and the relay functionality, which probably never worked with Kerbalism. 

those mods are and will remain non functional with kerbalism science. having said that, there still are experiments (from other mods that aren’t explicitly supported) that use the stock science system, even when kerbalism is installed.

I played around 8 hours in Science Mode:
First of all, I want to play this game again, because this mod is awesome! I love new science system, finally I have a reason to get to the orbit and stay for a while instead of "flyby the system, collect your data". This is what science model of KSP should be.

But I have few questions:
1 In early stages of career, it's almost impossible to get science due lack of power. No solar panels, no batteries, misery. Converters aren't provide any power generation options, which makes start of the game a bit frustrating.
2 My planner not showing food/water values and rates. Environmental values are there, like humidity and CO2, but nothing regarding supplies. Is it intended?

UPD: My guess it that I need CRP, which I didn't install =/

Edited by Cosmonauth

1 hour ago, Cosmonauth said:

But I have few questions:
1 In early stages of career, it's almost impossible to get science due lack of power. No solar panels, no batteries, misery. Converters aren't provide any power generation options, which makes start of the game a bit frustrating.
2 My planner not showing food/water values and rates. Environmental values are there, like humidity and CO2, but nothing regarding supplies. Is it intended?

UPD: My guess it that I need CRP, which I didn't install =/

1. Use a fuel cell. Attach approx. 2 tanks of o2 and 1 tank of hydrogen, turn the fuel cell on in the editor and you're good to go for quite a while.

2. yup, that's what it looks like without CRP :)

21 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

1. Use a fuel cell. Attach approx. 2 tanks of o2 and 1 tank of hydrogen, turn the fuel cell on in the editor and you're good to go for quite a while.

Thanx for the answer. Is that mandatory to turn converters on in the editor? I've tried them during flight with no success =/
PS: CRP installed

29 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Yep, that was my plan by using the included cell in pods but it doesn't work. Any ideas ?

22 minutes ago, TheDuck700 said:

Yep, that was my plan by using the included cell in pods but it doesn't work. Any ideas ?

dump the water, or whatever it is that fuel cell produces and can be dumped.

processes in kerbalism don’t run when not all the stuff produced by them can be stored or dumped.

After CRP installing and providing converters with right resources, all works like a charm. Ability to turn on/off things automatically, insane!

Maybe it worth to mention somewhere that CRP is a dependency for Kerbalism?

11 minutes ago, Cosmonauth said:

After CRP installing and providing converters with right resources, all works like a charm. Ability to turn on/off things automatically, insane!

Maybe it worth to mention somewhere that CRP is a dependency for Kerbalism?

It does. On the first post. The front page.

16 hours ago, SilverState said:

Surveys are broken currently. Contracts in general need a pass, I would assume a bunch are broken/not working as intended.

Ok. Does that mean that compatibility with contracts is being worked on and I should just sit tight?

Thanks @Sir Mortimer for your suggestion. It worked and by dumping the nitrogen, the fuel cell works as intended. I was so used to having Pressure Control (which provides nitrogen capacity to the pod) that I didn't notice I didn't have it. Which made me realize that the Mk1 Command Pod does not have Pressure Control at all.

After a few tests I noticed that it's the only crewed capsule that doesn't have it in the Configure Pod option. And adding an External ECLSS Module with Pressure Control doesn't make the planner acknowledge it. It's also the only capsule that doesn't benefits from the upgrades from HDD and sample capacity unlocked in the tech tree.

Was it intended as it's the first available pod ?

PS: I'm not using any mod except Kerbalism and the dependencies.

37 minutes ago, TheDuck700 said:

Thanks @Sir Mortimer for your suggestion. It worked and by dumping the nitrogen, the fuel cell works as intended. I was so used to having Pressure Control (which provides nitrogen capacity to the pod) that I didn't notice I didn't have it. Which made me realize that the Mk1 Command Pod does not have Pressure Control at all.

After a few tests I noticed that it's the only crewed capsule that doesn't have it in the Configure Pod option. And adding an External ECLSS Module with Pressure Control doesn't make the planner acknowledge it. It's also the only capsule that doesn't benefits from the upgrades from HDD and sample capacity unlocked in the tech tree.

Was it intended as it's the first available pod ?

PS: I'm not using any mod except Kerbalism and the dependencies.

Mk1 Pod configuration is intentional. Both it being unpressurized and not getting HDD upgrades. We're trying to give you an incentive to use higher tech pods, in addition to more crew capacity/more ec, etc.

59 minutes ago, Daedalus451 said:

Ok. Does that mean that compatibility with contracts is being worked on and I should just sit tight?

I still have to wrap my head around configuring contracts. It will be done at some point, but i wouldn;t hold my breath. may take a while. It's very tedious and time consuming.

35 minutes ago, SilverState said:

Mk1 Pod configuration is intentional. Both it being unpressurized and not getting HDD upgrades. We're trying to give you an incentive to use higher tech pods, in addition to more crew capacity/more ec, etc.

Ah I see. Alright thank you guys for your amazing work !

40 minutes ago, SilverState said:

I still have to wrap my head around configuring contracts. It will be done at some point, but i wouldn;t hold my breath. may take a while. It's very tedious and time consuming.

Wow wow wow, Mk1 Pod is unpressurized? I just went to orbit and even did a Mun flyby yesterday in kerbalism 3.0.0

Poor Jeb...

23 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I like the new Science-System but I have a question: does now every mod with Scienceparts need a config for Kerbalism? Because I used KNES and there are some probes with integrated Telemetry reports. But they can`t be stored because there is not enough space on hard drive even tough there is a buildin-space of 512.00kb in the probe.

They don't NEED configs, they should be left untouched if they're not patched. I specifically avoided global nukes for this very reason. Bad news is, unpatched mods SHOULD retain stock behaviour, thus no fancy features, and you'll have to deal with 2 science systems instead of a unified one. Mod compatibility is an ongoing process, so most mainstream mods will be supported at some point or another.

Regarding HDDs. If something has a 512kB drive, means it's not patched. This is a standard global drive size value, as 2.1.2 drives had infinite capacitties, which would break all sorts of "balance" that we're trying to achieve. Infinite drives basically nullify a whole bunch of work that we put in, thus 512kB.

Edited by SilverState