[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

Does Kerbalism 3.0 require a new save?  I have a career with Kerbalism 2.1.x that I'd like to continue with 3.0.

I plan on testing it myself, but I was wondering what the official word was.

5 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

dump the water, or whatever it is that fuel cell produces and can be dumped.

You know, this comes up a lot. I was thoroughly confused by it when I first encountered it. It may be better to have Fuel Cells default to dump when installed.

45 minutes ago, salajander said:

You know, this comes up a lot. I was thoroughly confused by it when I first encountered it. It may be better to have Fuel Cells default to dump when installed.

For what it's worth, fission reactors behave the same way. They produce xenon, which has nowhere to go unless you have an empty or partially empty xenon tank on your spacecraft. In order for the reactor to produce electricity you have to toggle it to dump xenon. I had to figure this out through a few minutes of not-especially-fun trial and error.

I'm okay with that being the default behavior, but maybe there's some way to fit a message into the PAW saying the part is inactive because there's no place for its products to go?

56 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

I'm okay with that being the default behavior, but maybe there's some way to fit a message into the PAW saying the part is inactive because there's no place for its products to go?

Not a bad suggestion. I'll open an issue on github.

2 hours ago, TicTac said:

Does Kerbalism 3.0 require a new save?  I have a career with Kerbalism 2.1.x that I'd like to continue with 3.0.

I plan on testing it myself, but I was wondering what the official word was.

As far as i know, it doesn't REQUIRE. but it's strongly recommended. All in-flight science vessels will become useless, as there was a module change (ModuleScienceExperiment -> Experiment), thus you won't be able to do the old experiments anymore. You'll also get plenty of warnings in game for active vessels stating that they're missing modules.

Another reason to re-start is balance. We tried to change the progression a bit, and "balanced" (i know I'll get flak for it) stuff to make it a lot more challenging, especially in the early game.

Edited by SilverState

Hey, just was curious about something. Kerbalism seems to work with Commnet Constellation except for one minor, but important part. Signal Delay. That doesn't seem to work anymore (which was a feature of Commnet). Is there a way to add the functionality back into the parts that you modified?

Also, I noticed in the current version blue text saying how much science is added, it is constantly on, in every scenario, which can be very distracting. Even when I disable the HUD. Is there a way to disable it, or are you still working on it?

Edited by bulletrhli

1 hour ago, bulletrhli said:

Also, I noticed in the current version blue text saying how much science is added, it is constantly on, in every scenario, which can be very distracting. Even when I disable the HUD. Is there a way to disable it, or are you still working on it?

Blame Strategia.

Sneak Preview

"Bop, while being a small asteroid without an active core, consists largely of iron which has been magnetized by the massive geomagnetic field of Jool. Bop is a big static magnet that doesn't rotate around the axis of its geomagnetic field. Due to the amount of charged particles caught up in Jools radiation belts, Bops weak magnetic field is strong enough to form a small radiation belt of its own."

5 hours ago, salajander said:

yep. that's why the H+O2 fuel cell now dumps water by default.

17 minutes ago, Notepad said:

I don't know if this is a stock setting or not but is it possible to not have it yank me out of timewarp whenever I lose signal or battery and the likes?

yeah, in the vessel info in the Kerbalism planners, there's some tab that lets you turn the notifications off for that craft

1 hour ago, ziat007 said:

This mod is claimed to be compatible with 1.7.1, but one of the dependencies is not, can someone please explain?

Thank you

It's a CKAN problem, it is slow to update. Set CKAN to allow 1.7.0 mods and it works, IIRC.

4 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

It's a CKAN problem, it is slow to update. Set CKAN to allow 1.7.0 mods and it works, IIRC.

I tried to find a 1.7.1 version for CommunityResourcePack but couldn't even for a manual install. So the 1.6.9 version is compatible? (thats the latest in CKAN and CRP Github)

Thanks a lot for your help

This mod is claimed to be compatible with 1.7.1, but one of the dependencies is not, can someone please explain?

Thank you

23 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

Hi Ziat007,

Supporting Lordcirth's comment regarding the case of it being a CKAN issue, I have been playing with Kerbalism3.0.2 lately on a manual (non-CKAN) install on 1.7.1, and have not detected dependency issues. You didn't indicate the method you are using for installation, so hopefully these two clues will help you with either installation alternative.

Kind Regards,

P&BH.

2 minutes ago, PotatoAndBeanHarvester said:

Hi Ziat007,

Supporting Lordcirth's comment regarding the case of it being a CKAN issue, I have been playing with Kerbalism3.0.2 lately on a manual (non-CKAN) install on 1.7.1, and have not detected dependency issues. You didn't indicate the method you are using for installation, so hopefully these two clues will help you with either installation alternative.

Kind Regards,

P&BH.

Thanks a lot, I was searching for a 1.7.1 version of CRP for manual install, I didn't realise the compatibility does not have to be exactly stated.

Is there any place where people verify compatibility of mods not officially compatible?

This one seems rather outdated.

Thanks for all the help!

I tried to find a 1.7.1 version for CommunityResourcePack but couldn't even for a manual install. So the 1.6.9 version is compatible? (thats the latest in CKAN and CRP Github)

Thanks a lot for your help

As a rule of thumb, all mods for 1.4 and up work with 1.7

I feel like this is a dumb question, so i apologize if its been asked before (i searched first) :)

I just downloaded 3.0.2 and wanted to tweak some of the settings for a new Kerbalism game, however i can not find the settings config file. Please help!

Trying to embed a screen shot of my directory, im really bad at posting. 

Thanks again!

https://imgur.com/Yzp54Ed

Edited by Corbzila
Im bad

3 hours ago, Corbzila said:

I feel like this is a dumb question, so i apologize if its been asked before (i searched first) :)

I just downloaded 3.0.2 and wanted to tweak some of the settings for a new Kerbalism game, however i can not find the settings config file. Please help!

Trying to embed a screen shot of my directory, im really bad at posting. 

Thanks again!

https://imgur.com/Yzp54Ed

The code and the standard configs have been split, to better support alternate configs. You want GameData/KerbalismConfig/Settings.cfg.

On 6/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Sir Mortimer said:

Sneak Preview

why no Laythe? Or has that one just not been modified?

Also it shouldn't be a problem for me to MM patch and revert to the original non-inclined Kerbin magnetic field right? Not totally sure I will or not yet but I have started exploring it in its static state and might have to keep it that way

Edited by Drew Kerman

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

why no Laythe? Or has that one just not been modified?

Also it shouldn't be a problem for me to MM patch and revert to the original non-inclined Kerbin magnetic field right? Not totally sure I will or not yet but I have started exploring it in its static state and might have to keep it that way

I didn’t check if Laythe is in Jools inner belt, but if it isn’t it’s about the nicest place to be at after Kerbin, radiation wise. However, if it is in that inner belt, then... well. let’s just hope it isn’t.

The radiation model can’t be MM patched, like a lot of Kerbalism configs. But the tilted field definition in the config is just 2 lines you need to remove: lat and lon of the geomagnetic pole. 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:55 AM, panarchist said:

I'm sure you guys don't get a lot of non-complaint posts, so I just want to say that I'm running 61 mods (not a joke), and so far Kerbalism appears to be running "normally" - looks great, and I'm really excited about the changes. Nice work, everyone!

Following the non-complaints theme above, I am stoked with Kerbalism - the new science is really opening up labs more than when I started on earlier Kerbalism releases. I  also have had a failed rcs thruster which was a cool issue to fix in orbit of the Mun... in my state of "Gene... We have a problem... we seem to be venting something...."  I shut my monoprop tanks to prevent loss of fuel (may not have needed to) but then sent out the engineer to fix on EVA, but presumably due to the isolated monoprop tanks, they had none in their jetpack!  By the time I had realised... the ladder was beyond grab distance... Took a bit of help from a passing friendly resupply ship to get them back on board...Really great stuff... none of which would be possible in the stock game... so a well done on the mod!

So...  now not at all a complaint, just an issue I am trying to solve on a mod interaction...

Largely Kerbalism  3.0.2 on KSP 1.7.1 is working a treat for me, but a couple of matters have come up, one of which is the Gravity Ring is not appearing. Through removing other mods one at a time,  I have isolated it to an interaction with KAS/KIS in a way that prevents the gravity ring appearing. Other Kerbalism parts, such as gas tanks, food/water/waste/wastewater tanks, chem plants, greenhouses etc DO appear correctly. Has anyone else been running with KIS/KAS and found this? If so any suggestions? I have included panarchist's quote above as 61 mods sound challenging... am not sure if KAS/KIS are amongst them?:confused:

Thanks,

P&BH

I just started my First Carrer Mode Save with Kerbalism 3. On the Way home after the first Mun Flyby, Jeb is dying because of Co2 Poisoning.

I don't understand why, he has enough Power, Oxygen, Food, Water and the Scrubber as well as the Humidity Control are working. He is in a Mk1 Command Pod.

Does Somebody know if this is some sort of Mod incompability or Bug or did I just overlook some part of the new Update?