[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

I am unable to get any vessels with antennae to relay communications from other vessels. I am aware that antenna behaviour has been changed, but I am not sure how to find out which antennae are intended for inter-vessel communication (I cannot find this information in the files).

EDIT: I think I may have found my issue; I was not paying close enough attention to the antenna range.

Edited by septemberWaves

4 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

I am unable to get any vessels with antennae to relay communications from other vessels. I am aware that antenna behaviour has been changed, but I am not sure how to find out which antennae are intended for inter-vessel communication (I cannot find this information in the files).

EDIT: I think I may have found my issue; I was not paying close enough attention to the antenna range.

Kerbalism uses Commnet/RemoteTech, it doesn't come with it's own anymore.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, Daedalus451 said:

Tried KSP with the latest development build of Kerbalism. Sadly, that didn't fix the problem with VSR.

May you try ReStock or LITERALLY ANYTHING THAT'S NEWER THAN KSP 1.2?

Also, please report problems on the discord. I rarely check this thread, usually only to update.

Edited by N70

3 hours ago, N70 said:

May you try ReStock or LITERALLY ANYTHING THAT'S NEWER THAN KSP 1.2?

Also, please report problems on the discord. I rarely check this thread, usually only to update.

@Kerbas_ad_astra has been maintaining VSR since Ven went inactive, and his release for 1.6.1 is still incompatible with the latest version of Kerbalism, even though it was fine with earlier versions.

As for why I can't just use a different parts pack, that's because VSR has several extremely useful non-stock parts which my career save uses heavily. So I'm kind of stuck. 

I have also asked @Kerbas_ad_astra if there is anything he can do - maybe you could talk?

I will post in the discord too. Thanks for all your hard work.

I am a new user of Kerbalism.  I have been playing with USI-LS since 0.90 and wanted a new challenge.  I Found an issue while using Kerbalism and Kerbal Planetary Base System.  My kerbals cannot transfer, nor board the Greenhouse module.  It gives you the message "Cannot enter a module that is full"  it is not game breaking, but part of the fun of KPBS is the beautiful IVAS that Nil's made.  OBTW don't know if this is actually a bug or by design when using KPBS with kerbalism. All other KBPS, and Kerbalism options work fine only issue is boarding the module, I let Nils now of this behavior on the KPBS forum.

Also is there anyway we can get an exercise bike functionality  in another module vs the hitchhiker only?  Wish list

Edited by Rafael acevedo

I think I've found some sort of bug @N70, I installed Near Future Electronics in my modded install, and for some reason it deleted the ECLSS module. After making careful backups, I did it again and found it also removed the ECLSS in all of the pods or anything inhabited, and when I look at the logs when loading kerbalism I saw this.

"[LOG 16:13:19.519] Config(+PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:BEFORE[Kerbalism]) Kerbalism/Parts/LifeSupport/kerbalism-lifesupportmodule/+PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:BEFORE[Kerbalism]"

If you want I'll send you my log file, can you defer anything from this? 

@N70 Did you consider changing rad/h to Gy/h? Rads are a very obsolete unit, nobody uses that anymore. Grays are basis for easy conversion to sieverts and everyone is familiar with at least sieverts.

BTW I don't get Kerbalism tanks in KSP anymore. The whole resource tab is missing. Is that a known bug or?

1 hour ago, lajoswinkler said:

@N70 Did you consider changing rad/h to Gy/h? Rads are a very obsolete unit, nobody uses that anymore. Grays are basis for easy conversion to sieverts and everyone is familiar with at least sieverts.

BTW I don't get Kerbalism tanks in KSP anymore. The whole resource tab is missing. Is that a known bug or?

the same happened to me until i realized that the version being loaded from CKAN is kerbalism for ksp 1.3 (although it is listed as 1.6.1), I did a manual install of the correct version from GitHub and everything works fine 

2 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

the same happened to me until i realized that the version being loaded from CKAN is kerbalism for ksp 1.3 (although it is listed as 1.6.1), I did a manual install of the correct version from GitHub and everything works fine 

I have Kerbalism v2.1.1, that's the latest version, right? (https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/releases)

It still doesn't work. I think it has something to do with Community resource pack.

I found an advice on Github so I've made a CFG file containing:

@PART[kerbalism-activeshield]:NEEDS[FeatureRadiation]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-gravityring]:NEEDS[FeatureComfort]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-greenhouse]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-container-*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-container-*]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }

and dropped it into GameData folder. It works now. Custom category hasn't been forming upon loading the game, so parts could not show up. When you do this, it puts the parts into Utility category and you can see them.

I don't know where's the problem, but it works now using this patch.

Edited by lajoswinkler

On top of automation not working on my fuel cell that I posted about before I'm hitting a few other issues:

1) The values for configuration of life support system varies per part. That's cool. Unfortunately, according to the planner this doesn't seem to be true and everything has a flat rate. I can't figure out how the planner and the values in the configure screen are meant to align. My ECLS scrubber claims to clear 0.374/m of WasteAtomsphere (and produce 0.374/m CO2). My Mk1 Command pod is meant to do 0.125/m - about 3x less. With two crew the ECLS scrubbin is "inadequate" at 0.075/m scrubber and 0.149/m breathing. Switch that off and switch the command pod scrubber on, and I see the same. It just does not work.

2) There doesn't seem to be a way to switch off pressure control. If I'm doing a lot of EVAs I don't want to burn nitrogen repressurising the cabin every time I get out, so I switch the pressure control and air pump off. This does not seem to do anything and my ship burns nitrogen like crazy. EDIT: Actually, maybe it's not getting out that's the issue but transferring crew between connected parts of the ship? Might be because the ship loses control if I don't have anybody in the pilot seat? I can't really figure it out, but in any case I'm doing a lot of repressurising in situations where I should not be.

Edited by TGApples

Im getting an issues where I have 2 kerbals on mimus. In eva their CO2 levels go up around 1% a second. I also have 2 kerbals in orbit, when I eva them their co2 goes up around 0.01% every 20 seconds or so.

Whats the difference here? I assume a bug? All of them have their scrubbers turned on.

11 minutes ago, Festivejelly said:

Im getting an issues where I have 2 kerbals on mimus. In eva their CO2 levels go up around 1% a second. I also have 2 kerbals in orbit, when I eva them their co2 goes up around 0.01% every 20 seconds or so.

Whats the difference here? I assume a bug? All of them have their scrubbers turned on.

Kerbalism 2.1.1? Installed manually? Latest MM and CRP?

1 minute ago, lordcirth said:

Kerbalism 2.1.1? Installed manually? Latest MM and CRP?

It was installed manually yes. I believe I do have the latest versions of MM and CRP. I might try deleting the cache files for MM so that it regenerates them. I know there was a bug in KSP 1.6 which means the configs werent being loaded. Maybe thats it. I have   "VERSION": {"MAJOR": 2, "MINOR": 0, "PATCH": 1, "BUILD": 0}, So maybe I need to update it.

Nevermind that is the latest version.

Hi,

I have a problem with Kerbalism 2.1.1 in combination with Near Future Electric 0.10.5. Without Kerbalism a NF button is showing up inflight giving you stats for your fision reactors. With Kerbalism this button isn't showing nor the option on the part to toggle it and the reactors are only producing about 0.91 ec.

If I remove the part cfg from Support\NearFuture.cfg the button shows up and power is generated fine, so i think the don't emit radiation in ther Kerbalism way anymore. So I guess it is caused by Kerbalism. 

Has anyone seen this problem and/or might have a solution for it?

Hey, many thanks for your effort!

i'm about to set up my 1.6 for a new career... got it working with a few many mods. thought i give GPP_Secondary a try... working!

after a little bit of testing i noticed that solar panels don't produce energy while around Ciro! - checking the forum i found out why

is it planned or in work to get Solarpower working with Kerbalism in a Multi Star System? ooor am i stupid and it is just a option i missed?

10 hours ago, poetter said:

Hi,

I have a problem with Kerbalism 2.1.1 in combination with Near Future Electric 0.10.5. Without Kerbalism a NF button is showing up inflight giving you stats for your fision reactors. With Kerbalism this button isn't showing nor the option on the part to toggle it and the reactors are only producing about 0.91 ec.

If I remove the part cfg from Support\NearFuture.cfg the button shows up and power is generated fine, so i think the don't emit radiation in ther Kerbalism way anymore. So I guess it is caused by Kerbalism. 

Has anyone seen this problem and/or might have a solution for it?

Yep, I have the same problem and submitted an issue  (#305) on the GitHub page.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, Festivejelly said:

It was installed manually yes. I believe I do have the latest versions of MM and CRP. I might try deleting the cache files for MM so that it regenerates them. I know there was a bug in KSP 1.6 which means the configs werent being loaded. Maybe thats it. I have   "VERSION": {"MAJOR": 2, "MINOR": 0, "PATCH": 1, "BUILD": 0}, So maybe I need to update it.

Nevermind that is the latest version.

@Festivejelly, are you still having this issue?  I'm having a very similar issue as well.  I have a base setup on the Mun and if I load up the game everything is fine until I use the fastest time warp .  (Just click it then set it back to normal)  All of the sudden, the base on the Mun will start burning O2, Food, and a few other things like crazy and the stress and Co@ levels start rising like crazy...like 1 - -2 % per second until the crew eventually succumb to the effects.  The time warp is what seems to trigger it for me.  Have you tried to test what actually triggers it?

(I do run a lot of mods, but I can reproduce with only Wild Blue and USI installed.  Also I downloaded latest Kerbalism release from GitHub (2.1.1) and manually installed it. I also removed Dynamic Battery as that was also suggested)

On 1/19/2019 at 8:30 AM, TGApples said:

On top of automation not working on my fuel cell that I posted about before I'm hitting a few other issues:

1) The values for configuration of life support system varies per part. That's cool. Unfortunately, according to the planner this doesn't seem to be true and everything has a flat rate. I can't figure out how the planner and the values in the configure screen are meant to align. My ECLS scrubber claims to clear 0.374/m of WasteAtomsphere (and produce 0.374/m CO2). My Mk1 Command pod is meant to do 0.125/m - about 3x less. With two crew the ECLS scrubbin is "inadequate" at 0.075/m scrubber and 0.149/m breathing. Switch that off and switch the command pod scrubber on, and I see the same. It just does not work.

I noticed this as well. It definitely seems like a multiplier is missing somewhere.

This picture shows a vessel with 4 crew members, and only the 2 Seater CM Life Support systems on. Scrubbing rate is defined in the profile as 0.00124579975/second, which is 0.074747985/minute, which shows in game as 0.075/s. The profile also multiplies this number by 1.67 for the recycling processors, which gives us 0.12482913495/minute, shown as 0.125/m in game. The profile then gives each CM a recycling "power" based on how many seats it has. Since the CM in this picture has 2 seats, its systems get a 2x multiplier, and we see 0.250/m as we expect to. However, the actual processing isn't reflecting this multiplier. We see this on the habitat tooltip that shows an incorrect number of 0.075/m for the scrubbing value, and a correct number of 0.299/m for the production value. The humidity process, and indeed all of the processes are also incorrect in this same manner. I tried to find this multiplier in the cfgs but I'm assuming its in the .dll now. 

GNj1xhA.png

Edited by _Zee

I have a lot of issues with nitrogen. I see someone earlier in this thread who also has similar issues; when kerbals go on EVA the nitrogen consumption of a vessel increases significantly, and I can find no way to prevent this (including using a separate dedicated part as an airlock). What is the solution to this? I cannot have a space program which either requires ridiculous excesses of nitrogen, or cannot allow any kerbals to go on EVA.

25 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

I have a lot of issues with nitrogen. I see someone earlier in this thread who also has similar issues; when kerbals go on EVA the nitrogen consumption of a vessel increases significantly, and I can find no way to prevent this (including using a separate dedicated part as an airlock). What is the solution to this? I cannot have a space program which either requires ridiculous excesses of nitrogen, or cannot allow any kerbals to go on EVA.

Try the latest development build.

This has been discussed and resolved I believe. The Discord is more active than this thread.

Just now, septemberWaves said:

@Cruesoe Thank you for the response, I will switch to the development build.

As for Discord, I would join the server but I find that public Discord servers tend to be at least partially populated by many unsavory individuals that I prefer to avoid.

The Kerbalism one is my one and only Discord so I can't comment on what they are normally like but I have found it nothing but polite and really really helpful.