[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

4 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I think combining antennas increases range but not data rate.

@Sir Mortimer Can confirm I'm sure.

To be fair, it is documented:

When using multiple antennae at the same time, their combined data range will be the geometric mean of their individual rates. … If you combine one very fast antenna with one that is very weak, you will sacrifice almost all of the speed benefits you get from the fast antenna for the added range benefit of the weak antenna.

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal

Docking a 16-S to a station equipped with a RA-15 significantly lowers the station's data rate. The 16-S is not retractable and thus cannot be disabled.

13 hours ago, HansAcker said:

To be fair, it is documented:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Signal

Docking a 16-S to a station equipped with a RA-15 significantly lowers the station's data rate. The 16-S is not retractable and thus cannot be disabled.

Antenna are not disable-able in the PAW

[edit]

Ooops! It seems not :)

Edited by Beetlecat

Sorry if this has been asked before, but didn't find it with forum search: setting up an installation of KSP 1.8.1, MM is giving 20 errors from Kerbalism 3.1 SSPX support file. They are linked to two separate SSPX inflatable modules. Don't have logs here on my mobile, but can provide them later if needed. Just wanted to ask if this sounds like a known issue and/or if there's an easy fix available?

Cheers

NoiR

3 minutes ago, NoiR111 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but didn't find it with forum search: setting up an installation of KSP 1.8.1, MM is giving 20 errors from Kerbalism 3.1 SSPX support file. They are linked to two separate SSPX inflatable modules. Don't have logs here on my mobile, but can provide them later if needed. Just wanted to ask if this sounds like a known issue and/or if there's an easy fix available?

There is a fix for that, it is supposed to be in the latest SSPX release (just a day or so ago). Try updating to that version, please.

1 minute ago, Sir Mortimer said:

There is a fix for that, it is supposed to be in the latest SSPX release (just a day or so ago). Try updating to that version, please.

TY Sir! Installed mods through CKAN last night. Not sure they were up to date or not. Will check the new version later today and install manually if needed...

Heya again!

So yesterday I drove up to a baobab tree on Kerbin to test out what I can do with the new rover arm that I had unlocked. I was able to perform the experiment multiple times and record them all on my hard drive and recover them all for science. My science archives now show me that I have collected 3.3x science for that experiment. Is this a bug that I should reproduce in a clean install and report or a known issue?

9 minutes ago, canisin said:

Heya again!

So yesterday I drove up to a baobab tree on Kerbin to test out what I can do with the new rover arm that I had unlocked. I was able to perform the experiment multiple times and record them all on my hard drive and recover them all for science. My science archives now show me that I have collected 3.3x science for that experiment. Is this a bug that I should reproduce in a clean install and report or a known issue?

Experiments are rerunnable (for contracts) and that number tells you how often you did them. You shouldn’t get any science points for reruns, tho

Greetings!

I'm testing out a few space stations designs on the ground before I launch them into orbit and for some reason the nitrogen in the tanks doesn't get used to pressurize the habitat. If multiple things are trying to pressurize or de-pressurize the existing atmosphere seems to bounce around between habitats but never goes to 100%. I've uninstalled all of the mods except for Kerbalism, KerbalismConfig, CommunityResorces and ModuleManager and this problem still persists. Am I missing something crucial for how to pressurize a habitat?

Example pictures: https://imgur.com/a/gTjIzZh

Thanks!

Nikel Bomber

Pressurization / Habitat implementation is a bit messy right now, and it might very well be that it doesn’t work well while on ground. Does it work in space? Try cheating it into orbit and see what happens. Won’t be perfect either, but there is some code that might mess with you while you’re in an atmosphere with oxygen.

6 hours ago, savvin said:

@Sir Mortimer, hi, how to observe solar activity? I wanted to send a satellite to the Sun, which would monitor the flashes, but I can not find where the current activity is displayed on probes.

Right now the only thing you can "observe" is an indication of the current activity level in map view:

- open map view and press "B"
- focus on the sun -> the body info window will display the duration of one solar cycle and the current activity level (as seen here).

1 hour ago, Nathangun said:

WOW! Just had a look at the latest release, you guys have done A LOT of work. Thanks @Sir Mortimer & @N70

Actually, most of the blame for this version goes to @Gotmachine

14 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Pressurization / Habitat implementation is a bit messy right now, and it might very well be that it doesn’t work well while on ground. Does it work in space? Try cheating it into orbit and see what happens. Won’t be perfect either, but there is some code that might mess with you while you’re in an atmosphere with oxygen.

Yea, inflatables haven't worked on the ground since I first tried out Kerbalism many months ago when we had to use air pumps. I just chocked it up to blowwing up a ballon while in atmosphere is much more difficult than in a vacuum.  Though some sort of message might be nice.. shrugs.

2 hours ago, mindstalker said:

Yea, inflatables haven't worked on the ground since I first tried out Kerbalism many months ago when we had to use air pumps.

Air pumps (in the external ECLSS Module) inflating SSPX parts on the ground (on Kerbin) works for me. The pod's pressure control plus Nitrogen does not.

10 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Right now the only thing you can "observe" is an indication of the current activity level in map view:

wasn't there ever something about placing a solar observation satellite giving you additional warning time for CMEs?

2 hours ago, HansAcker said:

Air pumps (in the external ECLSS Module) inflating SSPX parts on the ground (on Kerbin) works for me. The pod's pressure control plus Nitrogen does not.

That did the trick for me too! Nitrogen + ECLSS works in orbit (albiet slowly), while the air pump works when grounded on kerbin (and presumably Laythe). 

Edited by NickelBomber

I just wanted to say thanks for this mod. I just started playing again a few days ago, and the progress this has made is just incredible.

The changes to science is absolutely brilliant and makes it a whole different game! Where the last few times i've booted up KSP in the last couple of years i've been bored within a few hours, but this has kept me hooked for days!