N70

[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.1

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DR_RDR said:

I've encountered a game breaking bug I'm pretty sure is related to science transmission in Kerbalism, and I wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion about how to squash it.

You need to post the complete logs when you have issues.  Else there's not enough information to properly troubleshoot.

Check the link in my signature for information on troubleshooting and how to find the logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, does this mod work with remote tech?
I wasn't really sure how comms would merge, just want to make sure my career doesnt start broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rocketbuilder said:

Hey, does this mod work with remote tech?
I wasn't really sure how comms would merge, just want to make sure my career doesnt start broken.

It works, make a backup anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to still see stock science text blurbs with Kerbalism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rhoark said:

Is there a way to still see stock science text blurbs with Kerbalism?

I don't believe so sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else really struggling to complete large data-file surveys, like radioplasma or gravity scans? I can't get past about 5-10 percent a year.

I think something is wrong with how it calculates comm blackout periods during fast time progression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, afafsa said:

Is anyone else really struggling to complete large data-file surveys, like radioplasma or gravity scans? I can't get past about 5-10 percent a year.

I think something is wrong with how it calculates comm blackout periods during fast time progression.

I suspect there's something wrong, as though progress gets reset while long experiments run in the background. I'm going to add a reactor to a station soon to see if that fixes it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 8:45 PM, Cheesecake said:

Thanks, that works. At least for the most parts. I have some parts from Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus who don`t work. They have still the old Experiments. Example: there are some Magnetometers in this pack. They use an own Experiment (ExperiemntID: ca_mag). But if I make a config with this ExperimentID the Magnetometers have no new Experiment with duration etc. There is still the old experiment-description.

Something is misconfigured then.

The patching process, while it looks confusing and scary, is fairly straightforward.

Check MMConfigCache, for the part you're trying to patch, and check what's happening.

 

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE:HAS[#experimentID[yourExperimentID]]]:NEEDS[YourMod,FeatureScience]
{
        !MODULE:HAS[#experimentID[yourExperimentID]]  {}
        MODULE
        {
                name = Experiment
                experiment_id = yourExperimentID
				whatever else
        }
}

This bit basically removes the existing experiment, and adds the new version to the part.

If you're still seeing the old experiment, means this bit is not applied properly. Check your .cfg, maybe even your patch ordering. can;t really tell you more without looking into the config cache.

There's also the possibility of a mod conflict, where the patches fight each other and mess everything up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theJesuit @N70 So I believe that I have lifetime radiation on. I also have unlocked almost all parts, my question is, is there a module that provides healing to kerbals? I think I heard it mentioned once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@theJesuit @N70 So I believe that I have lifetime radiation on. I also have unlocked almost all parts, my question is, is there a module that provides healing to kerbals? I think I heard it mentioned once

IIRC, you should be able to configure the Hitchhiker with a radiation treatment option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

IIRC, you should be able to configure the Hitchhiker with a radiation treatment option.

any requirements for it??? What's it's name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

@The-Doctor...  you aren't thinking of... healing thyself are you?

IT s called Sickbay. What profile are you using?

Peace.

I'm using the default profile, I opened up sandbox to find it but can't, can you send a pic of it or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, SilverState said:

Something is misconfigured then.

The patching process, while it looks confusing and scary, is fairly straightforward.

Check MMConfigCache, for the part you're trying to patch, and check what's happening.

 


@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE:HAS[#experimentID[yourExperimentID]]]:NEEDS[YourMod,FeatureScience]
{
        !MODULE:HAS[#experimentID[yourExperimentID]]  {}
        MODULE
        {
                name = Experiment
                experiment_id = yourExperimentID
				whatever else
        }
}

This bit basically removes the existing experiment, and adds the new version to the part.

If you're still seeing the old experiment, means this bit is not applied properly. Check your .cfg, maybe even your patch ordering. can;t really tell you more without looking into the config cache.

There's also the possibility of a mod conflict, where the patches fight each other and mess everything up.

That`s my config:

CoatlAerospace.cfg


The only experiments who don`t work are: ca_rpws, ca_mag, ca_orbitalScope.
The others work but have no animation anymore like the Gammaray-Boom. It works but can`t extend.
I looked into the DMagic-config but it confused me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, theJesuit said:

@The-Doctor...  you aren't thinking of... healing thyself are you?

IT s called Sickbay. What profile are you using?

Peace.

I found it actually, apparently it isn't available in sandbox as far as I can tell. I've noticed it doesn't cure but significantly slows down, effectively stops radiation poisoning. Having it splashed down lead to the crew lasting 12 years with only going insane. It should do well to enable me to send my original 4 to Duna, currently Jeb has suffered 71% radiation due to going to Minmus and the Mun, the others are not that far behind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The-Doctor I understood it to be a cure for cancer.  Perhaps only in orbit but your need somewhere with low background radiation not to mitigate and loads of resources.

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There seems to be a problem with Science being recorded in background.

I unlocked the Gravioli detector, and put it into LKO on a satellite with enough batteries to last the night and solar cells.  This isn't hard.

The Gravity Scan in Low Orbit at Kerbin had gathered 0.02 Science from an earlier launch. I then loaded the satellite, and waited a day, accelerated to 100x.

At the end of the day, I had 0.20 Science; so I had gathered 0.18 Science during that day. 

I then went to the spaceport and accelerated through a day at 1000x. 

At the end of that, I had a total of 0.21 Science; so in this case, allowing the experiment to run in background gathered Science at a rate about 1/18 the rate when the same vessel was loaded. 

I'm curious if anyone else can reproduce this. 

Edited by John Nowak
Expanded a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, theJesuit said:

@The-Doctor I understood it to be a cure for cancer.  Perhaps only in orbit but your need somewhere with low background radiation not to mitigate and loads of resources.

Peace.

I had it in low kerbin orbit testing and it practically just maintained radiation levels at a certain amount, not bad, not great, lol #Chernobyl however it doesn't cure radiation, not even when on kerbins surface, is slows down accumulation massively but doesn't reduce it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I had it in low kerbin orbit testing and it practically just maintained radiation levels at a certain amount, not bad, not great, lol #Chernobyl however it doesn't cure radiation, not even when on kerbins surface, is slows down accumulation massively but doesn't reduce it

How much shielding did it have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lordcirth said:

How much shielding did it have?

Max plus active shields

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there !

I tried to do an mining contract on the Mun (Acquire 600 fresh Ore/Have 600 Ore onboard). The Ore is correctly harvested in background (even from space center).
Actually, the "Have 600 Ore onboard" is fulfilled but not the "Acquire 600 fresh Ore". Does Kerbalism break these contracts ?

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theJesuit I'm actually impressed by the RDU. I sent a crew to Duna with Jeb thinking he's gonna die this trip due to his high rads, but the RDU has made it be he is cured. 

Does Kerbalism support the RDU and other hitch hiker functions for other mods such as SSPRX 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@theJesuit I'm actually impressed by the RDU. I sent a crew to Duna with Jeb thinking he's gonna die this trip due to his high rads, but the RDU has made it be he is cured. 

I personally think the RDU is OP due to the mod being several unique ways to kill kerbals... but kerbalism seems to be a damn democracy. :)

So I suppose it's a good thing Jeb is still with us.

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.