[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

2 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

is the data "going away" somehow? into storage space? where? how can I see what's inside?

Second... how can I abort a transmission of data? Let's say I see that I'm running out of electricity and I want to stop the transmission...

Data is stored in hard drives in command pods.  Click on the Kerbalism toolbar button -> your craft -> Data.  There you can toggle transmission with the >> buttons.

@N70  the data panel does not work. Im running stock 1.4.2.

This is what i get in my logs when i try to open any panels

[EXC 11:29:28.099] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Monitor.indicator_signal (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi)
    KERBALISM.Monitor.render_vessel (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v)
    KERBALISM.Monitor.update ()
    KERBALISM.Launcher.update ()
    KERBALISM.UI.update (Boolean show_window)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()

Edited by njbrown09

2 hours ago, njbrown09 said:

@N70  the data panel does not work. Im running stock 1.4.2.

This is what i get in my logs when i try to open any panels

[EXC 11:29:28.099] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Monitor.indicator_signal (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi)
    KERBALISM.Monitor.render_vessel (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v)
    KERBALISM.Monitor.update ()

use the latest jenkins build

Just one thing guys (i dont know if this counts as spam) in my control pannel only the first probe appears and i can access the cfg or info window. Is that a known issue?

4N9np6P.jpg

I have multiple missions on going.

Cheers

Edited by SuperXico

@N70 using 1.5.1.88 I have an issue in VAB, it shows perpetual for food, oxygen, water in a first gen space station prototype (yes, I have 3 Kerbals assigned) ... it's like the mod says "you're on the ground, no need for calculation of life support, there is a bathroom nearby with a sink and a snack vending machine nearby the door" ... :D

When I switch to Crew mode and back, or to Actions mode and back, the water and food readout correct themselves, but the oxygen still says "perpetual".

No exception is thrown by Kerbalism, but "only" by KCT @magico13 and MandatoryRCS @Gotmachine

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/by37fx077gshmlj/2018-04-15_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

FF3tTep.png

Thanks for taking over Kerbalism,

to anyone: I'm on KSP 1.4.2 with the appropriate kerbalism mod version and I think I might just be going crazy, but when the icon says to "middle-click" I click on the mouse wheel and nothing happens. I've confirmed that the function works out side of the game, but is there a key mapping for this mod or am I just using the wrong button? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

When I switch to Crew mode and back, or to Actions mode and back, the water and food readout correct themselves, but the oxygen still says "perpetual".

I guess oxygen is perpetual because you simulate situation in which you landed on Kerbin. Kerbin has oxygen atmosphere, so oxygen not needed.

Edited by player101

7 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@player101 Yeah, but that wasn't like that before, in VAB the readouts should ignore these factors, just tell how it would be in isolation aka. space.

What situation do you have set in the planner?  If you set it to Kerbin, Landed, then these readings make sense.  Just click on Landed to cycle it back to Orbit.

1 minute ago, Gordon Dry said:

@player101 Yeah, but that wasn't like that before, in VAB the readouts should ignore these factors, just tell how it would be in isolation aka. space.

There is "Landed" situation in the top right corner of the planner window on your screenshot, if you click on it, it will change to different situation (orbit/low orbit/high orbit) and oxygen will be needed.

23 hours ago, N70 said:

use the latest jenkins build

@N70 Still having the problem over here even after using the last jenkins build the #88

23 hours ago, njbrown09 said:

Did that. Works fine. Thanks

@njbrown09 Do you know which build you used ?

PS : Here is my test setup :

JymooQZ.png

Complete log :

[EXC 19:38:33.043] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Lib.ReflectionValue[String] (.PartModule m, System.String value_name)
	KERBALISM.resource_simulator.process_cryotank (.Part p, .PartModule m)
	KERBALISM.resource_simulator.analyze (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.vessel_analyzer va)
	KERBALISM.Planner.update ()

Thanks for your work !

4 hours ago, KBluey said:

@Zeroroller if you're having the same problem I had (the pop-out menus don't pop out), the solution is to use the latest "Jenkins build" which is here https://jenkins.spaceball.cf/job/Kerbalism/lastStableBuild/

Will report back with results! Thanks for this!

EDIT: this version worked like a charm, thanks again! freaking love this mod....now if simple construction mod would update that would be...amazing.

Edited by Zeroroller
update

On ‎15‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 3:01 PM, N70 said:

... can you send me your log

was the same bug you fixed with the latest release... thanks

just a detail: if you have an experiment that can run multiple times, then you start sending the file and in the meantime you restart this experiment, then it overwrites your file and you have to start the transmission again... maybe a detail that could be changed... e.g. showing a warning or ignoring the new data or whatever...

I have the latest build (#88) installed, but I can't see the radiation belts around planets either in map view or at the tracking station.  In the tracking station I see a GUI for my vessels, but I don't see any information about the planetary body.

On 15/4/2018 at 1:15 AM, Domin1c said:

TAC LS is actually LS. :D Only.

Kerbalism is something more, more complex and interesting. Read description in first post.

very cool but it hasn't got water purifier and atmosphere filter to refill oxygen and nitrogen except has less compatibility with other mods and has only a greenhouse to provide food only doesn't got some filter for example carbon extractor, water purifier ... etc that tacls got it but kerbalism don't but from the other side the kerbalism got a greenhouse as food provider that tacls don't and if I switch to kerbalism i will first have first to remove life support from my saved vessels and from my in missions ones which can take me days

It does have ways to generate water from chemical reactions as well as from ore as well. the atmospheric filters nitrogen as also. This game comes with everything you need to generate your own resources once you are all set up. As far as trying it out, why not have a game file separate from your current one, that way if you do not enjoy it, you can always just delete it. Good luck

Hi, I played the old Kerbalism for a while and there were two things that ended up driving me away. One was that for missions of any reasonable length I had to totally spam the spacecraft with nitrogen bottles. The other, that was even more gamebreaking, was that it would occasionally decide my near future reactor-powered ships in warp had no electricity and would insta-kill my crews. Have these issues been addressed?

It also bothered me that I couldn't build a "storm shelter" for radiation. The overall ship radiation protection was always averaged out, even if I tried to have some parts of the ship that were thinly protected and others with heavy shielding. Is this still how it works?

8 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

It also bothered me that I couldn't build a "storm shelter" for radiation. The overall ship radiation protection was always averaged out, even if I tried to have some parts of the ship that were thinly protected and others with heavy shielding. Is this still how it works?

I think you can use the "habitat enabled/disabled" control to vent air from some ship compartments, which forces your kerbals into the more heavily shielded areas.

The mission planner screen does adjust radiation exposure totals and mission exposure lengths based on this in the editor, though I've never tried it in flight.

I assume it means having to carry yet more nitrogen to repressurise afterwards, which isn't ideal.

Hello, I have a problem with Kerbalism I think. The consumption of resources (oxigen, water ...), research and data transmission stops when I no longer control the ship. I tested the vetion 88 and the 90 (small additional bug with this one, the distance of interseption during a maneuvre does not appear any more) and I am under KSP 1.4.2
An idea of how to solve my temporal problem?

I take the opportunity to thank you and congratulate you for your mod.