[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

6 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Something weird has happened there,

Thanks, I figured this wasn't a normal exception. I haven't run into that before.

It was so surprising, 'cause I never kill off my main Kerbals. I immediately reverted back so I didn't lose Jeb.

Another question about timing and rescale.

I have resized/rescaled my solar system to have 3.2x resized planets and 6.4x rescaled distances. Kerbin now has a 24hr day, not 6. While the Kerbalism planner now recognises the day length, the consumption rates are still based on the stock 6 hour days. I'd like to be able to tune  consumption rates down in order to compensate for the rescale. Is there a sort of universal multiplier for consumption rates somewhere in Kerbalism's settings or profiles that I'm missing? Or do I need to set up a new profile and edit the rate or interval values for each resource?

Edited by Daedalus451

@Daedalus451 You will only need to adjust the Rule interval rates for Eating and drinking (multiply them by 4 for 24hr days), all other processes are calculated per second and will scale automatically.

rates for breathing, atmos leaks and some others may need changing, I will look into it, with plans to add a parameter to the settings.cfg for adjusting scale for a future release.

Edited by PiezPiedPy

20 hours ago, Daedalus451 said:

Another question about timing and rescale.

I have resized/rescaled my solar system to have 3.2x resized planets and 6.4x rescaled distances. Kerbin now has a 24hr day, not 6. While the Kerbalism planner now recognises the day length, the consumption rates are still based on the stock 6 hour days. I'd like to be able to tune  consumption rates down in order to compensate for the rescale. Is there a sort of universal multiplier for consumption rates somewhere in Kerbalism's settings or profiles that I'm missing? Or do I need to set up a new profile and edit the rate or interval values for each resource?

16 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Daedalus451 You will only need to adjust the Rule interval rates for Eating and drinking (multiply them by 4 for 24hr days), all other processes are calculated per second and will scale automatically.

rates for breathing, atmos leaks and some others may need changing, I will look into it, with plans to add a parameter to the settings.cfg for adjusting scale for a future release.

Why not use the RRS rates for consumption? 

Rule
  {
    name = eating
    input = Food
    output = Waste
    rate = 3.145 // 1.77 Kg per-day
    interval = 43200.0 // 2 meals per-day
    degeneration = 0.0083325 // 30 meals, 15 days
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is hungry
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is starving
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL starved to death
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is enjoying some snacks right now
  }

Rule
  {
    name = drinking
    input = Water
    output = WasteWater
    rate = 0.605 // 2.42 Kg per-day
    interval = 21600.0 // 4 drinks per-day
    degeneration = 0.0208325 // 12 drinks, 3 days
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is thirsty
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is dehydrated
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died from dehydration
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is enjoying some drinks right now
  }

Rule
  {
    name = breathing
    input = Oxygen
    output = WasteAtmosphere
    rate = 0.006895 // 0.84 Kg per-day
    degeneration = 0.001388875 // 3 minutes
    modifier = breathable
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL can't breathe
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is suffocating
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL suffocated to death
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is breathing again
  }

Rule
  {
    name = co2 poisoning
    degeneration = 0.000138875 // 30 minutes
    modifier = poisoning,breathable
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL's head feels light
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL seem unable to breath properly
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died of co2 poisoning
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is breathing again
  }

Rule
  {
    name = stress
    degeneration = 0.0000000011575 // 10000 days
    variance = 0.33 // add per-kerbal variance
    modifier = living_space,comfort,pressure
    breakdown = true // trigger breakdown event instead of death
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is losing $HIS_HER mind@<i>Concentration is becoming a problem</i>
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is about to breakdown@<i>Starting to hear voices</i>
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is thinking straight now@<i>Let's do it again!</i>
  }

Rule
  {
    name = radiation
    degeneration = 0.1 // just use the modifier
    variance = 0.1 // add per-kerbal variance
    modifier = radiation,shielding
    warning_threshold = 100.0
    danger_threshold = 150.0
    fatal_threshold = 200.0
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has been exposed to intense radiation
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is reporting symptoms of radiation poisoning
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died after being exposed to extreme radiation
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has recovered from radiation exposure
  }

Kerbalism 1.8.0 is out! On Spacedock now, will be on CKAN when it updates!

## v1.8.0 for KSP 1.4.5 and 1.3.1
 - 2018-xx-xx

### Changes since the last release

* Kerbalism documents are now available here: https://kerbalism.readthedocs.io Note they are still a Work in Progress

* Fixed the icons sometimes not displaying bug and icon scaling bug (PiezPiedPy) 
 * RemoteTech support now integrates correctly with the planner and signal system (PiezPiedPy)
 * Improved RemoteTech support (simulate in planner buttons, reliability, antenna EC consumption) (Gordon Dry & PiezPiedPy)
 * RemoteTech antennas will need power even if vessel is unloaded (Sir Mortimer)
 * RemoteTech antennas fitted to Vessels without power will no longer relay signals to other vessels (Sir Mortimer)
 * RemoteTech antennas can now be enabled/disabled in Automation (Sir Mortimer)
 * RemoteTech antennas can now break down due to reliability failures (Sir Mortimer)
 * Chemical Plant and ECLSS parts are now surface attachable, ECLSS part capacity increased to support 3 crew (PiezPiedPy) 
 * Added support for ConfigurableContainers, they now have 6 additional tank config's as defined below:
   KerbalismSupplies (Food, Water) - KerbalismBreathing (Oxygen, Nitrogen)
   KerbalismWaste (Waste, WasteWater) - KerbalismGreenhouse (CarbonDioxide, Ammonia, Water)
   KerbalismFuelcellH2 (Oxygen, Hydrogen) - KerbalismFuelcellMP (Oxygen, MonoPropellant)  (Gordon Dry)
 * Containers have had their volume and mass calculated with a calculator (PiezPiedPy) 
 * Science labs can now reset experiments (PiezPiedPy)
 * CryoTanks are now simulated in the background, also fuel boiloff is simulated in the planner (PiezPiedPy)
 * Reverted the Quick'n'dirty fix for GPOSpeedFuelPump because it has been fixed with v1.8.14 (Gordon Dry)
 * Added a fix to make sure there is a module Reliability for parachutes, also for RealChute/RealChuteFAR (Gordon Dry)
 * Scaled the ISRU's capacity to be more representative of their size (PiezPiedPy)
 * All priority type processes have been removed and replaced with a Dump button that configures the dumped resource type(s)
   to dump overboard, the Dump button is also usable InFlight allowing for changes of strategies on the go (PiezPiedPy)
 * Overhaul of all Chemical Plant and ISRU processes using CRP densities and molar masses (PiezPiedPy)
 * SOE process now converts wasted Carbon into Shielding, Haber process now needs EC (PiezPiedPy)
 * Hydrazine process now outputs Oxygen and requires EC and A New Nitrogen injected Hydrazine process added (PiezPiedPy) 
 * Vessel group filter can now search for vessel names that contain multiple words (Sir Mortimer) 
 * Changed the Small Supply Container to be 0.625m in diameter instead of 0.5m (Gordon Dry)
 * Added radiation belts to ExtraSolar planets and moons - science definition texts still missing (Gordon Dry)
 * Fixed a commented out bracket in another patch that hindered the Bluedog_DB Geiger counter from being a sensor (Gordon Dry)
 * Configurable parts can now contain the same process in multiple slots (PiezPiedPy)
 * Fixed MRE not running when shielding is full or does not exist on a vessel (PiezPiedPy)
 * MRE process now outputs a small amount of CO2 (PiezPiedPy)
 * GeigerCounter science experiment fixes for OPM and NewHorizons. Also SEP support fixes (Gordon Dry)
 * Rebalanced Sabatier and Anthraquinone processes to output LiquidFuel and Oxidizer at Stock ratio of 9:11 (PiezPiedPy) 
 * Rebalanced H2+O2 and LH2+O2 fuel cells to output more realistic EC levels (PiezPiedPy)
 * Some tooltip colors changed from a nasty hard to see red to a nice gold (PiezPiedPy)
 * Fixed antennas bug having no science data rate in languages other than English (PiezPiedPy)
 * Support for AirlineKuisine (PiezPiedPy)

### For Developers

* Support for development on mac now included, also with help in the CONTRIBUTING.md file (Sir Mortimer)

Edited by N70

uh-oh... i upgraded to 1.8.0 and now the kerbalism icon is gone from the toolbar, in all scenes.  i want my mission planner plz!

;.;

should i file a github report?

Edited by JayPee
emoticon for emphasis

4 hours ago, JayPee said:

uh-oh... i upgraded to 1.8.0 and now the kerbalism icon is gone from the toolbar, in all scenes.  i want my mission planner plz!

;.;

should i file a github report?

Same. Also, clicking the 'Configure Pod' button in the VAB does nothing in this build.

Edit: 1.8.1 from Github seems to make it work again.

Edited by Daedalus451

Sorry to be a pest, but I've now noticed that I'm getting continual nullreferenceexception spam from Kerbalism 1.8.1. I think I may have been getting it with the 1.8.0 Github version too. 

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Lib.ReflectionValue[Single] (.PartModule m, System.String value_name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Vessel_info..ctor (.Vessel v, UInt32 vessel_id, UInt64 inc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Cache.VesselInfo (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Monitor.Render_vessel (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Monitor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Launcher.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.UI.Update (Boolean show_window) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

22 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

For those having issues, try deleting your Kerbalism folder and reinstalling manually from the Spacedock release, not ckan.

@Daedalus451 Are you using RemoteTech? if so you will need the latest RemoteTech release v1.8.13

I have problems with solar panels. Give me a link please

Edit: I found. Thank you! :)

@PiezPiedPy Yes, I am using RemoteTech 1.8.13. I've downloaded a completely fresh version of both Kerbalism (from Spacedock) and that version of RemoteTech, but I'm still getting the exception spam in flight. 

I've also noticed that Kerbalism doesn't seem to be monitoring crewed ships. Placing a Mk1 pod on the launchpad, and nothing appears for that vessel in Kerbalism's UI, but if I do the same with a probe core, it does.

@Daedalus451 Can you try a new Save Game, I think the problem might be old save game incompatibility.

I'm working on the problem right now with someone, It would help if you joined the Discord Server and posted your KSP.log there

@andre___da What solar panels? stock or from a mod

Edited by PiezPiedPy

To cure the missing icon problem in 1.4.5 I downloaded from spacedock and it has fixed it. Though now manned craft are using huge amounts of ec for communications (control). Depending on the pod it's 12-20ec a second, I end up running out of electricity in minutes. Is this a bug? How can I reduce that requirement?

@Daedalus451 I've found the problem with the saves, It's due to old RT antennas not having the new data attached to them. I am going to attempt a way to detect the rouge antennas and apply default values, hope it works.

@Citizen247 manned craft using large amounts of EC is due to a mod conflict. If I remember right it was Near Future

15 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Citizen247 manned craft using large amounts of EC is due to a mod conflict. If I remember right it was Near Future

Hmm, I just tried removing all near future and the problem remained. Looking at it, it also affects probe cores.

58 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Citizen247 Ok, it's not Near Future then :/ 

Nevermind, I reinstalled near future, deleted kerbalism and reinstalled it from the same zip I'd previously used and it all works properly now. I also deleted some old patches I'd written myself, it was probably one of those causing an issue. I had some that adjusted Remotetech settings. They shouldn't be applied if remotetech is not installed (which it isn't) but I guess there was some strange interaction there. Strange though, never had a problem with previous versions.

All good now, thanks for your help.