[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

So do Kerbals just no longer have their fancy jetpacks in this mod? Also are science transmissions supposed to not take any power (like with how Remote tech would chew apart your battery bank to send home a data pack)? 

post edit, it should be noted that the CKAN install of this mod does not seem to install the toolbar element... thingie, installing it manually has fixed it, which makes me think installing it through CKAN last would also fix it but that seems to defeat the purpose to using CKAN... Just thought I'd let you know ♥

Edited by Dia
spelling

@Dia Science transmission does not cost more ec anymore because antennas are now always on if deployed, reason being is that they are transmitting telemetry, the ec cost is used for extending range and transmission speed.

Jetpacks have not been touched in Kerbalism, no idea why they are not working for you.

tbh I think CKAN is a waste of time for installing Kerbalism, it always causes trouble. :/ 

Hello my friends.

First, let me tell you what a great job you all have done.

I love this MOD.

Unfortunately, he does not tolerate the other MOD "Stockalike Station Parts Redux".

With him, the animations of the inflatable habitats do not work.

I made a video about the problem.

The Interrestante Part starts at 3:30

2 hours ago, El Stevo said:

Unfortunately, he does not tolerate the other MOD "Stockalike Station Parts Redux".

Greetings!

What profile are you using (if you aren't sure then it is probably default).  Do you also have CRP installed because there doesn't seen to be atmosphere either?

Try deploying the centrifuge in the VAB and then launching to see if that works.  The animation is determined by the amount of Atmosphere (the pressure) in the part.  By deploying in the VAB, it is launched with atmosphere.

5 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Jetpacks have not been touched in Kerbalism, no idea why they are not working for you. 

You sure?  I thought Kerbalism added the EVA fuel feature for jetpacks.  I dunno, maybe it was added to stock at some point.  

Hi, I updated Kerbalism via CKAN (maybe that was my first mistake...) and now loading up my game, I'm getting a chunk-ton of Exception errors when I load into the Space Center. This is before going to any ships, etc. I'm running KSP 1.4.5 for reference.

Here's a sample:

[EXC 00:00:04.471] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Message.Post (Severity severity, System.String text, System.String subtext)
	KERBALISM.Supply.Execute (.Vessel v, KERBALISM.VesselData vd, KERBALISM.vessel_resources resources)
	KERBALISM.Profile.Execute (.Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi, KERBALISM.VesselData vd, KERBALISM.vessel_resources resources, Double elapsed_s)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 00:00:04.472] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Highlighter.update ()
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()
[EXC 00:00:04.507] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI ()

I can't even count how many there are in this log file: KSP Log 082718

I'm guessing this is probably from the newer version of Kerbalism in an older save game? I was reading back on save game compatibility, but I'm not sure if that's still a problem?

Anything I can/should do to resolve this? Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I've reverted back to the 1.7.1.1 version for KSP 1.4.5 for the moment... but I'd love to update to get all the excellent things I saw noted in the Changelog.

Edited by scottadges

@eberkain Only the monoprop resource is added to EVA, the jetpacks themselves are not touched.

@scottadges the CKAN install is useless. Also I suggest you download the v1.8.1 source from GitHub (it has the savegame compatibility fix) and use the copy of Kerbalism in the GameData folder that is in the source. Delete your old Kerbalism folder before install. And use the latest versions of RemoteTech and Toolbar Controller they have had changes made for Kerbalism, also you will need the ContractConfigurator dll I posted on the Discord server

Edited by PiezPiedPy

I'll say it again, those using RemoteTech will need the latest release of RemoteTech.

You will also need the ContractConfigurator dll posted on the Discord server if you are using ContractConfigurator and RemoteTech.

Also if you want to use an old savegame with RemoteTech you will need Kerbalism v1.8.1 from the source as it contains the fix for old savegame compatibility with RemoteTech.

1 hour ago, PiezPiedPy said:

the CKAN install is useless.

I figured that might be my first problem. I love CKAN, but it sure does seem like it causes headaches sometimes.

also you will need the ContractConfigurator dll I posted on the Discord server

I do have ContractConfigurator as dependency for various mods, but I'm not sure how/where to go for the Discord DLL? (Sorry to be a pain, I've never used Discord / not exactly sure what that is)

I'm not running RemoteTech, so that should be good and I've got the latest ToolbarController (0.1.6.15)

Appreciate all your help and awesome dedication to the mod. After starting to use it only a few months ago, I just can't play KSP without Kerbalism anymore! :P

Updated after looking at GitHub:

Again, sorry to be a pain... I'm only marginally familiar with GitHub... so not exactly sure if I'm pulling the right files for 1.8.1 version?

use the copy of Kerbalism in the GameData folder that is in the source.

Should I use the latest (from about 20 hours ago) here under GameData/Kerbalism on this page: https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism?

I wasn't clear, since Under Releases (https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/releases) I only see 1.8.0 to download. And then downloading the "Kerbalism-master.zip", does that include 1.8.0 or 1.8.1? 

Thanks for all your help!

Updated after figuring out Discord & talking to PiezPiedPy - thanks for the 1.8.1 Dev build and clarifying stuff for me!

Edited by scottadges

it´s not a bug, it´s a feature!!!!

I found that in the Documentation:

Inflatable habitats

If a habitat is inflatable, its inflate/deflate animation will be driven by the actual pressure of the part. Note that pressurizing a large habitat with a small pressure controller can take a long time. For example the mk1 pods pressure control will take approx 3 days to inflate the Gravity Ring. So remember to add enough pressure controllers for the job. You wouldn’t want to blow up a bouncy castle with your mouth :/

it takes time....

Edited by El Stevo

1 hour ago, william2002730 said:

Hey guys! Really love this mod, but when in map view or tracking station, pressing 0/1/2/3 does not show up the magnetosphere map at all. I'm currently running th latest version of this mod on game version 1.4.3, any help would be appreciated. 

Did you try to press "B"? This is how it works for me.

23 hours ago, Boersgard said:

It's been awhile, but I think I stopped using this mod because I couldn't get necessary supplies through parts like the universal storage pack. Is this still an issue?

Don't know about Universal storage but Configurable storage and USI FTT support has been added.

4 hours ago, william2002730 said:

Hey guys! Really love this mod, but when in map view or tracking station, pressing 0/1/2/3 does not show up the magnetosphere map at all. I'm currently running th latest version of this mod on game version 1.4.3, any help would be appreciated. 

Where you using the numpad 0-4 keys ?

18 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Don't know about Universal storage but Configurable storage and USI FTT support has been added.

Where you using the numpad 0-4 keys ?

Yeah, but it doesn't really work, however pressing b works fine for me

what orbital altitude for Kerbin exposes the ship to least radiation? I tried many but all of them the geiger counter said the radiation levels are dangerous, and the ship cannot last for more than 20 days with 20mm of shielding.