[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

@Tricky14 CKAN is up to date, it has problems installing Kerbalism correctly for some weird reason. If your still having problems I suggest to delete your Kerbalism folder and install the GitHub or Spacedock 1.8.0 version.

@Cheesecake same as I've just mentioned to Tricky14 ^^^ . I am also having problems downloading your log, I suggest you use DropBox next time ;)

Edited by PiezPiedPy

51 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Tricky14 CKAN is up to date, it has problems installing Kerbalism correctly for some weird reason. If your still having problems I suggest to delete your Kerbalism folder and install the GitHub or Spacedock 1.8.0 version.

@Cheesecake same as I've just mentioned to Tricky14 ^^^ . I am also having problems downloading your log, I suggest you use DropBox next time ;)

I don`t use CKAN. ;) I use github or Spacedock.

Universal Storage and/or modules induce drag.

So I've been using the new files from Github instead and I've come across an issue with Universal Storage. Looks pretty cool right, how fits seemlessly with rocket or plane fuselages? Except that it doesn't. I build a very aerodynamic electric rover that reaches about 54 m/s on the runway using batteries. If I swap the batteries out for 2 Universal Storage Quadcores containing 4xH, 2xO, and 2 fuel cells, the top speed is drops to about 40 m/s by the end of the runway. That's a pretty significant 25% drag induced drop. Opening or closing the farings in the Universal Storage modules has no effect.

Can provide craft files on request, I just have to go to bed right now.

Edited by Tricky14

52 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Cheesecake Did you delete your Kerbalism folder before installing though ;)

@Tricky14 This is the Kerbalism thread, not Universal Storage.

btw you will get a quicker response on Discord

Yes, I did. But I think I have found the problem. I used a rescaled Kerbin but found out that Sigma didn`t work well in 1.4.5. There is an issue with the PQS-Maps.

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

No Universal Storage isn`t part of Kerbalism.

Huh, how did that get in here then..

Yup it's on CKAN. I didn't notice it earlier because Kerbalism already uses oxygen and hydrogen as fuels for fuelcells. I have to see what else was installed by accident.

I uninstalled Universal Storage, but fuel cells still require the H2 and O resource. Didn't Kerbalism use to have those in fuel containers? I seem to remember it did.

Kerbalism 1.9.0 is out!

WARNING: A major balance change has been added. You may not want to upgrade if you have ongoing missions!

## v1.9.0 for KSP 1.4.x and 1.3.1
 - 2018-15-9

### Changes since the last release

* Kerbal LS rates have been recalculated based on 1/16 of a Humans consumption due to their size and day length (PiezPiedPy)
* A dump valve has been added to the Fuel Cells (PiezPiedPy)
* Reliability added to the active shield and slightly increased its effectiveness (PiezPiedPy)
* Vessels with RemoteTech antennas fitted that where missing on the monitor due to old SaveGames, bug fixed (PiezPiedPy)
* Stock antennas can now be controlled by automation (Yaar Podshipnik)
* Devices shown in the device manager are now sorted (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed the EC issue when accelerating to extremely fast time warp while a vessel is in shadow (Sir Mortimer)
* Improved vessel search in monitor: you can search for the name of the central body and the vessel name (Sir Mortimer)
* Added vessel type icons and filter buttons to include/exclude vessels in the monitor list (Sir Mortimer, PiezPiedPy)
* SSPX PDT-6 'Star' Utility Module balanced: shield strength, costs, tech level requirement and reliability (Sir Mortimer)
* SSPX greenhouses have been rebalanced and missing exercise equipment for some SSPX parts added (Dr.Jet)
* If Community Category Kit is installed then Kerbalism will place its parts into CCK respective categories (Sir Mortimer)
* Game preferences now includes Kerbalism settings that previously were in Settings.cfg (Sir Mortimer)

### Known Issues

* KerboKatz FrameLimiter mod is known to make the Icons disappear

Edited by N70

Hi guys, is life support consumption rate hardcoded or configurable? It's just 1/16 of original feels a little to easy for my taste. I like the idea of it's reduction to avoid dedicating huge swathes of space to food on long term missions though, just not that much.

1 hour ago, Kozakh said:

Hi guys, is life support consumption rate hardcoded or configurable? It's just 1/16 of original feels a little to easy for my taste. I like the idea of it's reduction to avoid dedicating huge swathes of space to food on long term missions though, just not that much.

It's all configured in Profiles/Default.cfg.  However, if you want higher difficulty in general, you can do what I did and install Sigma Dimensions on 4x scale.  It doubles the delta-v cost of getting everywhere.

Thought I'd get back into KSP after a long time, glad to see how so many brilliant mods like Kerbalism have grown so much, however, it's not all without problems. There's this rather obnoxious game freeze when I transmit science. Every time a bit of science is uploaded, the game freezes for a second. Wondering if this is a known problem or incompatibility between mods. The only mods I have that touch science and uploading is Kerbalism and [x] Science!.

25 minutes ago, Budz42 said:

Thought I'd get back into KSP after a long time, glad to see how so many brilliant mods like Kerbalism have grown so much, however, it's not all without problems. There's this rather obnoxious game freeze when I transmit science. Every time a bit of science is uploaded, the game freezes for a second. Wondering if this is a known problem or incompatibility between mods. The only mods I have that touch science and uploading is Kerbalism and [x] Science!.

Its an [x]Science bug, not Kerbalism related

4 hours ago, Kozakh said:

just a bit of math why its 1/16
Rates used in Kerbalism are based on Real World values but Kerbal's are half the height of a human which means their lung and stomach volume are 1/4 of a human, a Kerbal day is 6hrs long 1/4 of an Earth day, 4 x 4 = 16. Hence why values are 1/16 of a humans consumption ;)

If you want to modify the rates then you will need to learn how Kerbalism functions internally then change the values in the rules and the processes, best place to ask questions on such matters would be on Discord.

Also take a look at the Profile modding section here https://kerbalism.readthedocs.io/en/latest/modders/profile.html

Edited by PiezPiedPy

3 hours ago, lordcirth said:

It's all configured in Profiles/Default.cfg.  However, if you want higher difficulty in general, you can do what I did and install Sigma Dimensions on 4x scale.  It doubles the delta-v cost of getting everywhere.

Thanks! I think I'm not yet ready enough to try out realistic deltaV costs, but something like this is definitely on my plans for future :)

13 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Rates used in Kerbalism are based on Real World values but Kerbal's are half the height of a human which means their lung and stomach volume are 1/4 of a human, a Kerbal day is 6hrs long 1/4 of an Earth day, 4 x 4 = 16. Hence why values are 1/16 of a humans consumption ;)

If you want to modify the rates then you will need to learn how Kerbalism functions internally then change the values in the rules and the processes, best place to ask questions on such matters would be on Discord.

Also take a look at the Profile modding section here https://kerbalism.readthedocs.io/en/latest/modders/profile.html

Thanks for clarification! I see that you have corrected the amount of food on-board the command pods to be in line with consumption changes, but it seems that supply containers from Kerbalism still have old values? Same for 3rd-party mods like Universal Storage of course. One 1.25m supply container would keep a kerbal alive for more than a year (325 food and 125 water), is that intentionall? Or something didn't update properly on my side?

52 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

It confuses me because 1/16 only applies if you compare a human consumption per earth day to a kerbal consumption per kerbin day.   

If you compare the consumption rate per hour then kerbals should just be 1/4 of human numbers right?   

I think the reduction is also in line with the balance of the stock system which has a reduced delta v requirement for getting around compared to real life.  Its still there and you still have to plan around it, but its much more forgiving than the real world.