[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

I've managed to kill several kerbals in high warp. Even when supported by nuclear power, they have enough to come through the dark side of the moon, yet still seem to get KIA on high warp. I am using GPP btw.

Any hints? other than patience

Kerbalism 2.0 is out! One DLL, works on KSP 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5!

Changelog:

## v2.0.0 for KSP 1.5.x, 1.4.x and 1.3.1
### Changes since the last release

* Support for KSP 1.5.x
* Also "normal" launch clamps generators are not simulated in planner by default (Gordon Dry)
* Quick fix to crewable launch towers like the FASA Launch Tower:
  disable the habitat by default and disable simulating the generator in planner by default (Gordon Dry)
* Dump valve not saving its state on vessel change, bug fixed (PiezPiedPy)
* Fixed SSPX IVA rotation. (HaullyGames)
* Kerbals consume slightly different amounts of food, water and oxygen, and react differently to
  stress and radiation. When under stress they can make mistakes, some do better than others. (Sir Mortimer)
* A laboratory with high level crew members in it will work faster (Sir Mortimer)
* Harvesters will work better with an engineer on board. (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed another icons sometimes not displaying bug (PiezPiedPy) 
* SSPX 2.5m Greenhouse now producing food at the expected rate. (theJesuit)
* ResourceBalance run the pressurizing\depressurizing (old "equalize\venting"), it gives priority to habitats with crew. (HaullyGames)
* Habitats equalize/venting function changed to pressurizing/depressurizing, crewed habitats have priority while multiple habitats are pressurizing. (HaullyGames)
* New AirPump process added to control pressure in breathable environment. (HaullyGames)
* Fixed missing N2 when mod is added in an existing game. (HaullyGames)
* Fixed issue with CommNet not updating for unloaded vessels (leomike, HaullyGames)
* Added bandwidth preferences in Game Settings. (HaullyGames)
* Added "GoTo" button in Penal, the vesselType button allowed to change to other vessel. (HaullyGames)
* Fixed Orbital Science experiments size (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed antenna consumption and Automation controller to antennas with GenericAnimation. (HaullyGames)
* Automation has devices sorted by name. (HaullyGames)
* Updated docs for the recent 1/16 buff (Sir Mortimer)
* Support for KSP 1.5.0
* Don't show fixed antennas in device manager (Sir Mortimer)

Edited by N70

Hello, many thanks for the mod. Can I just ask: is it intentional for the solid state hard drive to have infinite storage? I've been searching high and low in the files to limit their data storage so as to not render meaningless the hard drives provided by TST. Could you advise please how/ where I would go about modding in this implementation?

A question about the rescue missions - those where we need to rescue kerbals from debris in orbits.

On rendezvous, I first get a bunch of Kerbalism's messages "no oxygen, no food, no water" etc. I suppose it's because the found debris is initially "empty". Then, I get a bunch of messages "oxygen OK, food OK, water OK" etc. Seems like Kerbalism fills up the debris with resources needed.

But there's a very strange thing (bug?) happening with monoprop & kerbal's jetpack. When the kerbal being rescued exits the debris, Kerbalism warns "do not let go the ladder". When I check the kerbal stats, monoprop is full (5.0). The monoprop in the debris is also full. But the jetpack doesn't work! So it is almost impossible to rescue the kerbal without the debris.

Is this intentional? Or is it maybe a bug caused by some mod incompatibility? I use the latest game v1.5 and the latest Kerbalism (via CKAN), and also a couple of other mods (like Chatterer and MechJeb). I see no errors in KSP.log.

Edited by dymanoid

Looks like the radiation belts do not work, I have the mission to cross it but It never gets completed, and I can not see the graphic on the map either. Am I missing something or is this a bug ?

4 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@balu0 in map view press 'B' then you can toggle the belts' visibility

If a contract is not fulfilled - well CC issue. Many contract packs have issues.

Hmm Nothing happens if I press B strange.

Looks liek teh CKAN version does not work, I don't have the gui, some part elements are present but most of the MOD is missing.

EDIT, ye because CKAN installs 1.9 not 2.0 ...

Edited by balu0

Small issue: the config for RLA support no longer works because it went through a name change to RLA Reborn. Just needs a quick rename in the config and then it works fine :)

Edited by Varses

-snip-

mistake of mine disregard, unrelated to kerbalism, was actually a feature of dangit! lol sorry :P

It still would be nice if there could be a warning displayed before allowing you to retract antennas which can result in loss of connection and control of said vesssel? :)

Edited by Moofrog

1 hour ago, Moofrog said:

I have an issue with Kerbalism and part action right click menu , it allows you to like "Fail motor" and "puncture fuel tank".

I believe those things should not be there.

Me neihter. In fact, I've never seen those buttons. Are you sure they're added by Kerbalism?

Edited by Sir Mortimer

1 hour ago, Moofrog said:

Also similar Kerbalism allows you  to retract antennas without giving a warning that you will lose connection and controll of that vessel. Very annoying.

It's Kerbal Space Program that does this. Luckily there's a workaround: load a quicksave.

Edited by Sir Mortimer

2 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

@theJesuit do you have any plans to do the simplified version again, or even better does the old one still work?

Great to see this mod updated!

I can.  Simplex is supposed to be the successor, but contains all the extras like humdity and pressure etc.

The main issue I had was that kerbalism had UI that I couldn't get rid of but may not worry about it.  If it is requested then there's a market for it.  So I'll do an update toward the end of November.

Peace .