[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

15 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Welcome to the Forums!

Can you see a Kerbalism parts tab in the VAB?

Peace.

Thank you for your reply.

Inside the VAB, on the left there are the tabs "Pods", "Fuel Tanks", "Engines", "Command and Control", "Structural", "Coupling", "Payload", "Aerodynamics", "Ground", "Thermal", "Electrical", "Communications", "Science", "Utility"

At the bottom, there are buttons for "Manual", "Δv Tools", "Engineer's Report", the untitled button, with a heart beat trace that belongs to Kerbalism, "Messages"

Along the left with these

7 hours ago, bluntspoon said:

"Pods", "Fuel Tanks", "Engines", "Command and Control", "Structural", "Coupling", "Payload", "Aerodynamics", "Ground", "Thermal", "Electrical", "Communications", "Science", "Utility"

should be a kerbalism tab.  Can you screenshot  the inside of your gamedata folder please?

If you're unsure, send me a Dropbox link or similar of the screenshot of your gamedata folder.

Edited by theJesuit

Gents,

Someone asked for help on FB about the same matter as @bluntspoon
I Happen to have read that, and was curious why and how these parts are hidden in VAB/SPH, since they are visible on my (highly modded) install. Could be some mod, activates them somehow.
After looking at the code of "container-radial-small" i noticed that the category isn't stated.

PART
{
    name = kerbalism-container-radial-small
    module = Part
    author = Tygoo7
	    title = #kerbalism-container-radial-small_Part_title // #kerbalism-container-radial-small_Part_title = Small Pressurized Tank
    manufacturer = #kerbalism-container-radial-small_Part_manufacturer // #kerbalism-container-radial-small_Part_manufacturer = Tygoo Transport Solutions
    description = #kerbalism-container-radial-small_Part_description // #kerbalism-container-radial-small_Part_description = A small pressurized tank that can be attached radially.
    category = none
    subcategory = 0

(skipped all code below these line)

After changing the "none" to "Utility" it started to show up in the part list.
Tested this on a vanilla install of KSP with only kerbalism installed. when chaning the value back to "none" parts disappear again (duh!)
Applied these changes to all "Container-Radial" configs and the "Inline-Container" parts as they were also hidden.
All parts can now be selected and work properly. 

For anyone interessed in having these parts activated, i've made an archive with the changed files, just overwrite them in your current folder of "GameData/Kerbalism" and all should be good.

Download!

Now for the big question to the kerbalism-dev! @N70

Are these parts hidden on purpose!? or have we actually found an issue with current version

Credit to @bluntspoon and Brian Knopp (FB) for founding out about this. As many may have it unlocked troughout an different mod, like i have.

Cheers, and hope this helps.

Edited by dxeh
Credits

27 minutes ago, dxeh said:

Are these parts hidden on purpose!? or have we actually found an issue with current version

The parts are supposed to turn up in their own tab, not the stick ones hence I think this is why it is set to none.

Perhaps the KSP version broke this somehow (or a bug crept into the current release).

Changing the categories to utility does solve this.

Pinging @PiezPiedPy for thoughts?

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

24 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Perhaps the KSP version broke this somehow (or a bug crept into the current release).

Could be. stock 1.6 doesn't let it show, but because i'm running with TAC-LS as a side-mod for kerbalism, what does have it's own "Life Support" tab, it might be popping up at my end.

Thanks for this great mod, but I'm having problems with the latest version (Kerbalism 2.1.1 running on KSP 1.6). All the processes seem to be using the input and output at the base level set by the "process" in the profile and do not seem to be multiplied by the capacity of the part. The "configure" menu and the part menu brings up the expected figures (input/output multiplied by capacity) but the figure in the planner and when the craft is launched is the base process value and is not multiplied by the capacity.

For example if I build a craft with a large fuel cell array, it shows the ElectricCharge output as 14.416 in the part menu and configure menu, but in the planner it only shows an output of 2.403 (the base level set by the process in the profile - I've left one of the batteries and the water tank half empty so it shows the amount produced correctly) and this is the amount actually produced when the craft is launched. 

Similarly, for the water electrolysis process both the large and small convert-o-tron produce just 0.5 Oxygen and 1.0 Hydrogen, the base level in the profile, even though the configure menu shows an output of 18 Oxygen and 36 Hydrogen for the small plant and twice this for the large plant.

I've tested this on a clean install using the "default" profile and settings without any other mods (apart from Community Resources and Community Categories). I've tried using Kerbalism 2.0 on KSP 1.5.1 and everything worked fine for an identical craft, with the values in the planner matching the expected values, so I think this must be a bug which crept in either with the latest version of KSP or the latest version of Kerbalism, or perhaps an interaction between the two. 

Spoiler

PdQanBD.jpg

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Along the left with these

should be a kerbalism tab.  Can you screenshot  the inside of your gamedata folder please?

If you're unsure, send me a Dropbox link or similar of the screenshot of your gamedata folder.

YQGJt5Y.jpeg

Hi @Sinan.  Welcome to the forums and also the kerbalism discord server.  The devs are on holiday or over worked. I think so mentioning your issue on discord might be a good place to try to get the help.  I'd have a look but I can't get to my PC at the moment (and I'm tied up with a different mod in my limited time sorry).  Have you tried rolling back to an earlier kerbalism version?

@bluntspoon give @dxeh's download a go a couple of posts back. That should resolve the issue for now.

Peace.

I found an weird Bug: my vessels sometimes loose EC sudently even if they have an bunch of solarpanels directly pointing at the sun since the last update. This causes my kerbals to be in serious trouble. The comlink status isn't corect too but this doesn't have anny effect on the gameplay.

Spoiler
Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Björn Kerman said:

I found an weird Bug: my vessels sometimes loose EC sudently even if they have an bunch of solarpanels directly pointing at the sun since the last update. This causes my kerbals to be in serious trouble. The comlink status isn't corect too but this doesn't have anny effect on the gameplay.

Does this occure during timewarp? if so, kerbalism can be buggy while timewarping... make sure to save before warp!

1 hour ago, dxeh said:

Does this occure during timewarp? if so, kerbalism can be buggy while timewarping... make sure to save before warp!

No, i think, it hapens every time Kerbalism refreshes its data.

Edited by sumghai
Revert quote to original English message

I'm seeing a problem similar to the one reported by Sturn on the last page: KSP 1.6.0, most recent version of Kerbalism, and I'm not seeing any resources applied to my capsules; no oxygen, food, or water. The science mods seem to work, however. 

I've used Kerbalism in earlier releases, and I've looked at the FAQ; I wonder if there might be a conflict between Kerbalism and WildBlue, or if there is some sort of toggle that's now defaulted to off that used to be on.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, John Nowak said:

I'm seeing a problem similar to the one reported by Sturn on the last page: KSP 1.6.0, most recent version of Kerbalism, and I'm not seeing any resources applied to my capsules; no oxygen, food, or water. The science mods seem to work, however. 

I've used Kerbalism in earlier releases, and I've looked at the FAQ; I wonder if there might be a conflict between Kerbalism and WildBlue, or if there is some sort of toggle that's now defaulted to off that used to be on.

Thanks!

Do you have Community Resource Pack installed?

13 minutes ago, John Nowak said:

And ... I did not. Thanks! 

The CRP still has Game Version 1.3.1 on Spacedock, so I didn't think of that. My bad!

I fixed something again!

There might have to be a think about this.  It catches a few people out.

Peace.

Is there a way to disable the shaders in kerbalism? I deleted the folder and I get much better FPS (the mod still seems to work but all the menus are gone) with the shader folder there, im going down to 45 fps :(

Not sure what the shaders in that folder are for as they are labelled with just numbers?

17 minutes ago, Festivejelly said:

Is there a way to disable the shaders in kerbalism? I deleted the folder and I get much better FPS (the mod still seems to work but all the menus are gone) with the shader folder there, im going down to 45 fps :(

Not sure what the shaders in that folder are for as they are labelled with just numbers?

I think they are for the radiation belts, so a feature not a bug? :)

What's your framerate without the shaders?

17 minutes ago, Festivejelly said:

Hah, i'm a tester and I hear "its not a bug its a feature" every day :D

I get a solid 60 without, but with it drops from 60 to 45ish and hovers around there. I'll do some testing just to make sure i can reproduce it.

What about turning them off from the map view pressing b?

I actually think it was the garbage collections causing the frame drops. I used the awesome memgraph tool to pad the heap to 4gb and the FPS drops disappeared. I guess the mod just made the GC stutters more frequent. No bother though the graph thing fixed that. :)

OK, so Kerbalism 2.1.1 with KSP 1.6 is a total mess for me. For starters, Kerbalism planner does not work in VAB, only the header with a name of a ship is visible. It shows in flight but resources like oxygen and EC always show perpetual even though they are consumed. But that's not the annoying part. The annoying part is - if I send a ship without food and water into space and switch to the map, Kerbal dies of hunger and dehydration in a matter of seconds. This does not happen if I don't switch to the map but for example return to KSC. The moment I switch to the map all hell breaks loose. No one seems to complain about this problem, so I guess I'm quite unique here?

I also downloaded Kerbalism-master 2.2.0 that has some of bugs already addressed but it's just as bad. 

45 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

OK, so Kerbalism 2.1.1 with KSP 1.6 is a total mess for me.

Sorry to hear it.  Can you please bring it up in the discord server as the coding devs are lurking but also bug squishing currently.

Peace.

18 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I fixed something again!

There might have to be a think about this.  It catches a few people out.

Peace.

That's a good question. The thing is, if this were my first time with Kerbalism, it might not have happened, because I would have been more careful. CRP is right in the first page under dependencies. I have no excuse and throw myself on the mercy of RTFM. 

I think part of what confused me is the way Kerbalism failed. I was really wondering if it was working in some different way; it's not like it said "No oxygen everyone dies LOL" right off the bat. The failure wasn't obvious. 

1 hour ago, John Nowak said:

That's a good question. The thing is, if this were my first time with Kerbalism, it might not have happened, because I would have been more careful. CRP is right in the first page under dependencies. I have no excuse and throw myself on the mercy of RTFM. 

I think part of what confused me is the way Kerbalism failed. I was really wondering if it was working in some different way; it's not like it said "No oxygen everyone dies LOL" right off the bat. The failure wasn't obvious. 

The devs are considering how to put something in to alert if CRP isn't there.  My suggestion was to have a resource that only appears in the capsules or planner if CRP is NOT installed.  A resource called: You need to install CRP. They think a pop up is more appropriate.  Hah!

Peace.

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

The devs are considering how to put something in to alert if CRP isn't there.  My suggestion was to have a resource that only appears in the capsules or planner if CRP is NOT installed.  A resource called: You need to install CRP. They think a pop up is more appropriate.  Hah!

Peace.

Both very cool ideas.