[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

Hi there,

are iam the only one where kerbalism doesnt work?

No Food no Oxygen etc.

Got the Menu for kerbalism thats all. Clear Installation of KSP itself. 

Ksp without kerbalism ist like rocket science without rocket engines. :D

1 hour ago, R4mun said:

Hi there,

are iam the only one where kerbalism doesnt work?

No Food no Oxygen etc.

Got the Menu for kerbalism thats all. Clear Installation of KSP itself. 

Ksp without kerbalism ist like rocket science without rocket engines. :D

Do you have Module Manager and Community Resource Pack installed?

Experiencing a bug right now with oxygen. I've been sending a group of 7 kerbal's, 1 pilot and 6 tourists up to a space station to fulfill a contract but whenever I send it up 3/4 the way there the entire crew dies of no oxygen. The craft has about 30,000 stores of oxygen, the oxygen is being used by the craft. There is a sufficient amount of nitrogen as well that's also being used. I have the scrubbers for a hitchhiker and mk1-3 as well as two external ECLSS modules. I have restarted my game multiple times. Any ideas whats causing this bug and how I can fix it? I can send my save file as well as modlist if needed. 

Edit: I found a reason. When I sent up a pod with 3 kerbals that weren't tourists they reached their destination the same, with the same vessel from before. Tourists seem to force everyone on the ship to forget how to breathe.

Edited by fightmeirlbro

1 hour ago, fightmeirlbro said:

Edit: I found a reason. When I sent up a pod with 3 kerbals that weren't tourists they reached their destination the same, with the same vessel from before. Tourists seem to force everyone on the ship to forget how to breathe.

Can you please make your save available a quicksave and also the ksp.log on Dropbox or similiar so the devs can check it out?

On 12/18/2018 at 10:08 PM, Daedalus451 said:

The Kerbalism Planner isn't appearing properly in VAB with the new update. Only seeing the very top of the GUI, showing the target body, sunlight/shadow indicator and orbit. No other info.

I have the same problem (one of many). Have you figured it out?

I have a bug with Kerbalism in KSP 1.5.1. It happens with all version of Kerbalism.
I build a spaceship. Consumption of electicity is only 0.300/s. Volume of the pod is 22.4m3. After save and reload the volume growth up to around 2000m3 and the EC-consumption is >18/s.

I noticed this using Kerbalized Soyuz:

KSP: 1.5.1
Kerbalism: 2.1.1
Log: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13458948/KSP.log.html

OK, so I figured out what was causing all my problems, which included:

- Kerbalism planner not working in VAB, only the header with SOI appears

- resources not consumed correctly (for example solar panels do not produce EC, oxygen is not consumed, EC is consumed but shown as perpetual in the planner)

- inability to move up and down in VAB (!!!)

And the mod causing all this trouble is... VenStockRevamp (of all things!!). Without this mod everything works fine. With VSR, the moment you place mk1 pod in VAB, log gets spammed with this message 

[EXC 11:31:57.004] Exception: psuedo-resource _HyLiquefactionmust be NO_FLOW
    KERBALISM.Modifiers.Evaluate (KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va, KERBALISM.Resource_simulator sim, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 modifiers, .Part p)
    KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.Process_process_vessel_wide (KERBALISM.Process pr, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
    KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.Process_process (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.Process pr, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
    KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.RunSimulator (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
    KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.Analyze (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
    KERBALISM.Planner.Update ()
    KERBALISM.Launcher.Update ()
    KERBALISM.UI.Update (Boolean show_window)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()
[ERR 11:31:57.053] Resource System Error: Requested resource (id: 1203312488) does not exist

Now, I have no idea why, as the new, revamped mk 1 pod is not affected by VSR (to the best of my knowledge), it has nothing to do with liquid hydrogen and I don't even think VSR messes with resources. The problem is easily replicated with KSP 1.6.0, Kerbalism 2.1.1, CRP 1.0.0.0, MM 3.1.2 and the latest VSR release. Would be nice if this conflict got solved as VSR still has some nice looking parts I like to use. 

HI,

I'm having a similar problem, (resources beings shown but no planner) ill try it without VSR now to see if it makes a difference but I've attached the log as required.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z9vbwcmzsxnwz4/output_log.txt?dl=0

so for a bit more info - i have no planner, when i click on a pd I have some of kerbalism stuff in the menu but a lot of the functionality doesnt work.

I have no idea if im missing parts, i suspect i might but i dont know

Edited by Jaff

22 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Are you sure you've attached the right log? Unless I miss something, the log shows you run KSP 1.3.1 with no mods whatsoever. 

I’m as sure as I went to the folder I run the game from and took it from there (version 1.6)

It’s also the version ckan uses and I’ve instaled 76 mods that way 

the folder i run run the game from probably came from an old 1.3 save though? Maybe I need to delete the log?

15 minutes ago, Jaff said:

This was a log directly from the save game if that’s any help? 

Well, it looks like you're using some ancient Kerbalism version meant for KSP 1.3.1, while playing KSP 1.6.0. I'd start with manually deleting Kerbalism from GameData folder and replacing it with the latest version downloaded from here: https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/releases (2.1.1). Don't use CKAN, it sometimes gets confused by version numbering and downloads a wrong version, which is what I think happend to you. 

EDIT: and you may encounter the same problem as I had if you keep VSR, so try it without VSR at first. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

On 1/6/2019 at 11:46 AM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

OK, so I figured out what was causing all my problems, which included:

- Kerbalism planner not working in VAB, only the header with SOI appears

- resources not consumed correctly (for example solar panels do not produce EC, oxygen is not consumed, EC is consumed but shown as perpetual in the planner)

- inability to move up and down in VAB (!!!)

And the mod causing all this trouble is... VenStockRevamp (of all things!!). Without this mod everything works fine. With VSR, the moment you place mk1 pod in VAB, log gets spammed with this message 

Now, I have no idea why, as the new, revamped mk 1 pod is not affected by VSR (to the best of my knowledge), it has nothing to do with liquid hydrogen and I don't even think VSR messes with resources. The problem is easily replicated with KSP 1.6.0, Kerbalism 2.1.1, CRP 1.0.0.0, MM 3.1.2 and the latest VSR release. Would be nice if this conflict got solved as VSR still has some nice looking parts I like to use. 

This Can't be correct, I'm Not using VSR and Kerbalism doesn't work in my game too

2 hours ago, Björn Kerman said:

This Can't be correct, I'm Not using VSR and Kerbalism doesn't work in my game too

It is for me. I specifically created GameData folder with Kerbalism and VSR only (+ dependencies) to check VSR effect on Kerbalism and there is no doubt about it. I'm not saying it's the only mod that causes conflict with Kerbalism, I'm saying it's the only one of 36 mods I use.

10 hours ago, Jacob Dewey said:

Can anyone confirm if Kerbalism is compatible with interstellar extended?

Since no one seems to know the answer, you can easily check it yourself. Rename your GameData folder to, say, myGameData, create a new empty GameData and fill it only with mods (+dependencies) you want to check (+ Squad folder of course). Once you're done, rename your folders again. This way you can easily run the game with different mod configurations without deleting and reinstalling all of your mods.

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

Ven's Stock Revamp last release was what, KSP 1.2? Don't be surprised when it causes problems.

If you want pretty textures, I recommend KSPRC's textures + WindowShine

Edited by N70

Hi folks, just got a new game started up... been playing on 1.3.1 forever now, but it's time to upgrade! 

Main issue I'm having is to do with #autoloc... What is it and how do I remedy this? Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Abrecan said:

#autoloc... What is it and how do I remedy this?

Disclaimer: I'm not the mod developer, in fact I can't even program in C#. That being said...

#autoLOC_number are handles for strings defined in localization files. Whenever the game finds such a handle, it looks for a string defined for this handle in config files. Squad's file is located in GameData\Squad\Localization and is called dictionary.cfg. You'll find all these #autoLOC_number handles there with their corresponding strings. You'll also notice that strings missing from e.g. Configurable Pods are all tech tree node names. The reason for this is, to the best of my understanding, that Kerbalism code tries to get these names by looking for title field in GameData\Squad\Resources\TechTree.cfg, where all tech tree nodes are indeed defined. However, this particular field uses #autoLOC_number handle and the code doesn't know this. So it copies the handle string and that's what you see in the game. 

The only solution I see is to manually change tech titles from handles to their proper names (which is not hard as they are literally in the same line, at the end). Then they will appear properly in the game modded with Kerbalism. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby