[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

Not sure I can help with the bugs listed above.  Best to ask on the Discord server please.

However I think I've nutted out the Extraplanetary launch pads issue which didn't allow for the modules for ECLSS to work at all when building craft using EL.  I'll be doing a little more testing and will do a PR tonight.

Peace.

Okay, so reverting to MM 3.1.3 worked as far as getting Kerbalism life support inserted properly into command pods...

However, none of the storage parts are appearing anywhere in the VAB. It looks like they have no Category set. ("Category=none" in the part files).

Obviously I can manually correct this but... am I missing something here? Is there some mod dependency that auto-sorts parts into categories that don't have a category set that I don't have? Or are most players just shrugging and living without the storage parts?

2 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Okay, so reverting to MM 3.1.3 worked as far as getting Kerbalism life support inserted properly into command pods...

However, none of the storage parts are appearing anywhere in the VAB. It looks like they have no Category set. ("Category=none" in the part files).

Obviously I can manually correct this but... am I missing something here? Is there some mod dependency that auto-sorts parts into categories that don't have a category set that I don't have? Or are most players just shrugging and living without the storage parts?

Community Category Kit

4 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

Community Category Kit

Ah. That isn't listed as updated for 1.6 though.

Is there any problem with just adding "Utility" in place of "none" for each of the storage parts? All other parts in the mod have categories defined, so I assume these should play nicely without CCK as well, yes?

3 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Ah. That isn't listed as updated for 1.6 though.

Is there any problem with just adding "Utility" in place of "none" for each of the storage parts? All other parts in the mod have categories defined, so I assume these should play nicely without CCK as well, yes?

Yes, that will work too.  Btw I set CKAN to allow 1.5 mods and installed it fine.

Hi, I have a problem with Tanks and resources in Kerbalism.

Was playing with Kerbalism for a while with no problems, but reinstalled 1.6.1 from steam, ckan-ed my mods back

Kerbalism had to do manually (2.1.1).

It seams to be working all right, but 2 things messed up:

1. In the VAB all tanks and supply containers lost the configuration button, so I can not add oxygen, nitrogen or whatever, same with food and water ot containers. Oddly the ones already in space are ok, can see oxygen and stuff, and doing their job.

2. The lab went back to stock like behavior, it does not show the data in GB-s but good old science to research. (and the science container is back also)

Tried everything, to solve no luck so far (reinstall, fall back to 1.5.1 etc.) - I have MM and CRK installed/reinstalled as well.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Edited by Aszep
update

4 hours ago, Aszep said:

Hi, I have a problem with Tanks and resources in Kerbalism.

Was playing with Kerbalism for a while with no problems, but reinstalled 1.6.1 from steam, ckan-ed my mods back

Kerbalism had to do manually (2.1.1).

It seams to be working all right, but 2 things messed up:

1. In the VAB all tanks and supply containers lost the configuration button, so I can not add oxygen, nitrogen or whatever, same with food and water ot containers. Oddly the ones already in space are ok, can see oxygen and stuff, and doing their job.

2. The lab went back to stock like behavior, it does not show the data in GB-s but good old science to research. (and the science container is back also)

Tried everything, to solve no luck so far (reinstall, fall back to 1.5.1 etc.) - I have MM and CRK installed/reinstalled as well.

Any suggestions?

Thx

There is a bug with MM 4.0. roll back to the latest 3.*

1 hour ago, lordcirth said:

There is a bug with MM 4.0. roll back to the latest 3.*

Thank You for the suggestion, it works fine with MM 3.1.3.

Tried MM 4.0.1 amd 4.0.0 same bad result.

Edited by Aszep

WARNING: Do not use Module Manager 4.x for now! There is an incompatibility. Use 3.x versions of MM.

Kerbalism 2.1.2 and Module Manager 4.0.2 and above are compatible.

Edited by N70

16 minutes ago, saxyomega90125 said:

Is it possible to use only certain components of this mod? I really would like the radiation bit, but that's all, and I wouldn't want this to conflict with RT or USI-LS which I will continue using.

Not sure even with only rads that it works with USI LS.  RT is fine.

You can chose in the top options in the settings.cfg or in the settings menu for the save game.

Peace.

The garbage collection is definitely the culprit with Kerbalism's frequent stuttering.  People seem to think this is just a part of the mod, though.  This didn't happen before KSP 1.5.  Something happened in that patch and still persists in 1.6, and Kerbalism has yet to clean up the mess.  I, personally, can't continue to support a mod that so egregiously compromises performance. 

This mod is going to die a slow death if nothing is done about this problem..

9 hours ago, Xordus said:

The garbage collection is definitely the culprit with Kerbalism's frequent stuttering.  People seem to think this is just a part of the mod, though.  This didn't happen before KSP 1.5.  Something happened in that patch and still persists in 1.6, and Kerbalism has yet to clean up the mess.  I, personally, can't continue to support a mod that so egregiously compromises performance. 

This mod is going to die a slow death if nothing is done about this problem..

So help fix it?

@Xordus You will get a faster response on the Discord server, especially anything regarding the code side of Kerbalism, see below ;)

@garoand_ran There is an error in a file that ckan uses to do its thing and has caused a few issues, you can install manually from GitHub, Spacedock or get a dev build with a few extra bug fixes from the server linked in the discord faq channel

Discord Invite

Edited by PiezPiedPy

On 2/2/2019 at 10:56 AM, N70 said:

WARNING: Do not use Module Manager 4.x for now! There is an incompatibility. Use 3.x versions of MM.

4 hours ago, sarbian said:

Version 4.0.2

• Allow assemblies to add to mod list (Fix for Kerbalism compatibility)
  • Add -mm-dont-copy-logs command line flag if you do not want to copy MM log back into the game log
  • Fix for KSP runs in debug mode.

Downloads :

ModuleManager-4.0.2.zip

ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll

18 minutes ago, N70 said:

Ok, kerbalism 2.1.2 is out. Supports MM 4.0.2 and above.

Did you mean:

New release is up!

Version 2.1.2 for literally every KSP version since 1.3 now supports MM 4.0.2

Download from GitHub or Spacedock

Spoiler

v2.1.2 for all versions of KSP from 1.3.1 to 1.6.x

• 2019-02-04

Changes since the last release

• Fix Kerbalism parts search filters and missing tab in the VAB/SPH (PiezPiedPy)
  • Fix processes not calculating capacities correctly (PiezPiedPy)
  • Made the PartUpgrade for module slots require ProfileDefault (theJesuit)
  • Took away some of the Partupgrade as I upgraded my MM fu. (theJesuit)
  • Fixed compatability with Module Manager 4.x (steamp0rt, with lots of help from blowfish)

1 hour ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

Hey so I was installing this mod through CKAN for the first time and I noticed that it defaults to BP-1.4.3 instead of 2.1.2, I wasn't sure if you were aware of this so I just wanted to let you know in case you weren't.

I think I know what is causing that.  What version of KSP are you running?  If you are running 1.6.x, you have to NOT include in CKAN's Compatible KSP versions KSP 1.3.x.  If you remove KSP 1.3.x from the list of Compatible KSP versions and then refresh, on installing you should get Kerbalism 2.1.2.

Edited by Jacke

7 hours ago, Jacke said:

I think I know what is causing that.  What version of KSP are you running?  If you are running 1.6.x, you have to NOT include in CKAN's Compatible KSP versions KSP 1.3.x.  If you remove KSP 1.3.x from the list of Compatible KSP versions and then refresh, on installing you should get Kerbalism 2.1.2.

Ah ok, yes that would be the case. I had 1.3 checked for a couple of older mods that still work (Crowd Sourced Science is still amazing), I don't really need it checked now anyways. Thanks!

Edited by Jesse-Lacey

Still loving this mod. The most recent thing I've noticed is that when a Kerbal goes on EVA, the pressure in the pod drops due to the lost volume, and has to be topped up again. Which got me thinking...

Have you considered changing the Habitat/Pressurisation mechanics to reflect the complete venting of atmosphere when Kerbals go on (or come back from) EVA? I think it would add another great layer to your simulation, built on core mechanics that already exist in Kerbalism. To really make it amazing, you could even incorporate it with a toggle to turn crew helmets on or off inside the pod (i.e. shorthand for preparing them for EVA), and allow manual depressurisation of a pod while Kerbals are in it (to simulate an airlock, and prevent complete depressurisation of an entire station, for example). 

Just an idea. Love your work.