[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

9 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Sadly, that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Mind you I'm still playing on 1.3.1 and that bug might have been fixed since then, but the config seems to be the same on more recent versions.

The title of this forum says Kerbalism supports every version of KSP since 1.4 and your playing 1.3.1.

If you want to play Kerbalism 2.1.2 or future versions of this mod you might want to think about updating to a supported version of KSP, there were some large changes from 1.3 to 1.4 in the KSP code I believe which means it's harder to support versions before 1.4.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:03 AM, Cruesoe said:

The title of this forum says Kerbalism supports every version of KSP since 1.4 and your playing 1.3.1.

If you want to play Kerbalism 2.1.2 or future versions of this mod you might want to think about updating to a supported version of KSP, there were some large changes from 1.3 to 1.4 in the KSP code I believe which means it's harder to support versions before 1.4.

I know, but I have a gut feeling that this can be easily fixed - if only I knew exactly how the Habitat module works.

Apparently, this bug happens because the default SSPX habitat state on the editor is "expanded". This is unlike mods such as Tokamak Industries, whose habitats are deflated by default (although this  "state" can be set by the DeployableHabitat module, which is disabled by Kerbalism).

EDIT: SSPX devs said it could be fixed if the Habitat module had some flag that indicated what's the default state of an inflatable habitat. Is there such a thing?

Edited by Tonas1997

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What mod is referenced here? 

Not a mod. Kerbalism is setup so that MM can be used to detect when the user has a feature enabled or disabled. In this case, its the radiation belts

On 5/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, FreeThinker said:

Question. In the mm config files I several times found the following statement  

NEEDS[FeatureRadiation]

What mod is referenced here?

As stated above, these are toggles for different features implemented by kerbalism. They can be found in settings.cfg in Kerbalism folder, and most of them have a Featurexxx  associated with them. This is done to filter out when specific patches should apply related to a feature introduced by kerbalism, depending on wether they're enabled or disabled in the settings.cfg

1 hour ago, SilverState said:

As stated above, these are toggles for different features implemented by kerbalism. They can be found in settings.cfg in Kerbalism folder, and most of them have a Featurexxx  associated with them. This is done to filter out when specific patches should apply related to a feature introduced by kerbalism, depending on wether they're enabled or disabled in the settings.cfg

I see, but a more elegant way would be to use

which was specifically designed for this purpose

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I see, but a more elegant way would be to use

which was specifically designed for this purpose

Maybe, but the choice is between having another mod (and possibly another dependency?) required vs setting a true/false inside a cfg.

Hello, so i'd like to make a self-fueling lander using ISRU and Kerbalism, and i have some trouble:

FIRST, is it possible to use cryogenic engine pack ? (are hydrogen and oxygen from kerbalism compatible with this mod) because hydrogen and oxygen are easier than Methane and Hydrogen peroxyde to produce.

Then, if it's not, could you guys give me some tips, because it's very hard to do, and my lander often saturate with some resources, so the chemical plant don't produce anything anymore, and i don't want to micromanage my lander to dump resources, sometime i don't even know what i have to dump (and it take a loong time to fill tanks).

Thank you ! hope that wasn't too painful to read.;)

AND, how to get CO2, I need about 6/s and can only manage 0.2 with SpectroThing Variometer, any other way ?

Edited by Iguas

12 minutes ago, Iguas said:

Hello, so i'd like to make a self-fueling lander using ISRU and Kerbalism, and i have some trouble:

FIRST, is it possible to use cryogenic engine pack ? (are hydrogen and oxygen from kerbalism compatible with this mod) because hydrogen and oxygen are easier than Methane and Hydrogen peroxyde to produce.

Then, if it's not, could you guys give me some tips, because it's very hard to do, and my lander often saturate with some resources, so the chemical plant don't produce anything anymore, and i don't want to micromanage my lander to dump resources, sometime i don't even know what i have to dump (and it take a loong time to fill tanks).

Thank you ! hope that wasn't too painful to read.;)

If you install CryoTanks, then Kerbalism adds a new process, Hydrogen Liquefaction, to turn Hydrogen into LqdHydrogen. Also a reverse process and an LH2/Ox fuel cell process.

https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/blob/b2817c44da96248c371f406af54794f2199e174d/GameData/Kerbalism/Support/CryoTanks.cfg

15 hours ago, Katikar said:

Question: how do I transmit stored data? 

Right-click on the command pod and click the button labelled "Data: [XX] Mb". ("[XX]" will be the amount of data that is stored.)

A window opens showing the data stored on your vessel. On the right of each item, there's a little button that looks like >>.  If it's black, click it. If it's blue, it's already being transferred / waiting to be transferred.

There's also a setting you can enable to automatically transmit data straight away.

Hi, 

I use KSP 1.7 with Kerbalism 3.0 alpha and Remote Tech among others. I get full science reward for every experiment right after transmitting the first bits of data. So e.g. a Magnetic Scan, which should take 30 days to complete, gets completed in 1 second. Any idea why? Is it because of Remote Tech? Or is it the way things work for now in alpha?

1 hour ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Hi, 

I use KSP 1.7 with Kerbalism 3.0 alpha and Remote Tech among others. I get full science reward for every experiment right after transmitting the first bits of data. So e.g. a Magnetic Scan, which should take 30 days to complete, gets completed in 1 second. Any idea why? Is it because of Remote Tech? Or is it the way things work for now in alpha?

You're using an alpha build that had this problem, the current alpha should fix that. It was a bug that was introduced with the first attempt to fix an issue with high speed time warps and science recording. Please get the latest alpha release and see if that is fixed.

3 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Yup, now it works. I tried the latest build earlier but it crashed on start-up every time when adding experiments to the Hitchhiker. But now it works perfectly. 

yap. that would have been me messing up the configs :)

On 5/26/2019 at 2:25 PM, Sir Mortimer said:

It was a bug that was introduced with the first attempt to fix an issue with high speed time warps and science recording. Please get the latest alpha release and see if that is fixed.

nvm, found it using discord..

Edited by dxeh
Found it!

Hey all, so I've been playing out this mod right now on my Linux install. I've also been playing with Beyond Home on my Windows install. I was messing around with the settings and realized that it would be awesome to marry the two. I have some basic config modification skills, but most of the stuff that (I think) would be necessary to have complete Kerbalism implementation into BH is beyond me, would anyone be able to help me with this?

Noticed this new science mechanism on the current Alpha.. need to get used to it, but love it so far!

Seems to auto collect when entering different biome, when set to active.. thats a big pro.

But all sciencepart do not alert the "Sciece Alert realerted" mod.

Other than that, keepp this work going