[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

I did have a goo, which, as it was running sank.  Not sure if it resolved in for the new Beta.

I'm still on 1.6 so not using the beta. The removing all the resources from the command pod is a difference of barely a kilo, and there's no way to get rid of the ECLSS, so if that's enough to push it over then how am I supposed to make a craft that floats?

Kerbalism adds "Shielding" to command pods to protect against radiation. I think that's what is making your craft sink. You should be able to reduce/remove it from the right-click menu. 

If you don't have that option, then something isn't right in your installation. 

17 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Kerbalism adds "Shielding" to command pods to protect against radiation. I think that's what is making your craft sink. You should be able to reduce/remove it from the right-click menu. 

If you don't have that option, then something isn't right in your installation. 

Yeah, that does definitely add on the kilos... Weirdly, upon further testing this only happens in Career mode. In Sandbox the thing floats even loaded down with resources, shielding, and an ablator. Are things heavier in Career?

Kerbalism 3.0 Release

Delete your previous Kerbalism folder before upgrading!!!

Changelog:

## v3.0 for all versions of KSP from 1.4.0 to 1.7.x

- 2019-06-07

### Changes since the last release

* New Science system. See https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/Science-System (Sir Mortimer, Arthur, and a lot of people who helped)
* Add Reliability to USI Nuclear Reactors (PiezPiedPy)
* Fix ISRU capacities for CryoTanks and USI (PiezPiedPy)
* Correct LH2 storage capacities of the Radial container for AirlineKuisine, CryoTanks and USI (PiezPiedPy)
* Near Future Electrical tweaks: Uranite drilling, storage and ISRU processing added (PiezPiedPy)
* Textures Unlimited support (HaullyGames)
* Update habitats for the new V2 and Making History DLC pods (PiezPiedPy)
* Recalculated habitat atmosphere leakage, was originally calculated for a Human day which is 4x longer (PiezPiedPy)
* Added an 'EVA's available' indicator to the Planner and Monitor (PiezPiedPy)
* Optimized Planner: Part 1 - Chill the stuttering in VAB/SPH (PiezPiedPy)
* Reduced Mass of ECLSS and Chemical Processors from 450kg to 40kg (Sir Mortimer)
* CO2 poisoning warning message will pop up sooner to give you some time to fix the issue (Sir Mortimer)
* Preemptive maintenance: if a component is found not to be in very good condition during inspection, it can be serviced to avoid a failure (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed emitters (shields) can be used in automation tab again (Sir Mortimer)
* Processes ECLSS, Fuel Cells, Chemical Plant etc. can be controlled from automation tab again (Sir Mortimer)
* Added Kerbalism flags (Mzxs)
* Adjusted N2 leakage (Sir Mortimer)
* When analyzing science in a lab, don't drive people crazy with the "Transmission finished" message for every bit of researched data (Sir Mortimer)
* Going to EVA will now loose a nominal amount of nitrogen to the airlock. The amount can be changed in the settings (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed the bug where monoprop appeared out of nowhere when leaving a vessel that had none in it (#288) (Sir Mortimer)
* Monoprop+O2 fuel cell is now available sooner in the tech tree. Basic Science unlocks this process along with the fuel cell (Sir Mortimer)
* Added LSS system diagrams, and a small guide on how to set up O2 + water recycling (Sir Mortimer)
* Hide Sickbay from automation if it is unavailable (Sir Mortimer)
* Reverted the part-specific process handling introduced with PR #280 as it caused other issues (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed the issue with placing parts in a symmetry group > 2 in the editor (Sir Mortimer)
* Added API: mods now can register callbacks for failure events triggered by Kerbalism Reliability (Sir Mortimer)
* Added API: mods now can provide their own communication characteristics (antenna info). Currently we just support RemoteTech, this allows other mods to support Kerbalism (Sir Mortimer)
* Fixed #249: NEOS incompatibility (Sir Mortimer)
* Added option for automated sample analysis, works like automated data transmission (Sir Mortimer)
* SCANsat support for new science system (Sir Mortimer)
* Some changes to the communication system: data rates, EC consumption and range calculation changed (Sir Mortimer)
* Support for solar panel efficiency curve. Panels can degrade over time. (Sir Mortimer)
* KER Parts will act as hard drives (Sir Mortimer)
* A lot of new experiments (Arthur, theJesuit)
* Mod Support for new science: DMagic Orbital Science, Station Science (Arthur)
* Some performance improvements with caches (Sir Mortimer)
* Added support for Breaking Ground surface experiments (steamp0rt, Gotmachine, SirMortimer)
* Split Kerbalism into core and config packages for better usability with other configurations (looking at you, RO)

18 hours ago, Notepad said:

Yeah, that does definitely add on the kilos... Weirdly, upon further testing this only happens in Career mode. In Sandbox the thing floats even loaded down with resources, shielding, and an ablator. Are things heavier in Career?

That's a good question. Perhaps some of the passive tech upgrades (which you get automatically in Sandbox) make things lighter? Can you please check in 3.0? Use KER to get the mass of the parts in VAB.

This has probably been asked before, so my apology if I missed it in my scan of the previous few pages:

Is it possible to use just Kerbalism's Science changes? I love what I read about it, but magnetic fields and stuff? That's too much for me :(

32 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

@N70 Amusingly, the 3.0 release on Github (https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/releases) shows only the source code downloadables, not the actual objects. Since you just made your post like a minute ago I'm assuming this is something that'll sort itself out, but just in case I thought you'd like to know.

Fixed.

3 minutes ago, Jognt said:

This has probably been asked before, so my apology if I missed it in my scan of the previous few pages:

Is it possible to use just Kerbalism's Science changes? I love what I read about it, but magnetic fields and stuff? That's too much for me :(

Yes, that should be possible by disabling everything else in the config.

50 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I messaged the ckan guys about it, as kerbalism 1.7.1 isn't showing on ckan

give it some time, jeez.

2 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Yes, that should be possible by disabling everything else in the config.

Thanks! I just took a look in the cfg files and though there were things I could disable, it looks ridonkulously complex so I think I'll stick with stock.
My hat off to you all who created it though! It looks very well put together.

12 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Thanks! I just took a look in the cfg files and though there were things I could disable, it looks ridonkulously complex so I think I'll stick with stock.
My hat off to you all who created it though! It looks very well put together.

You can enable/disable features from 

...\GameData\KerbalismConfig\Settings.cfg

That's what he's referring to.

Edited by SilverState

15 minutes ago, SilverState said:

You can enable/disable features from 

...\GameData\KerbalismConfig\Settings.cfg

That's what he's referring to.

That's the file I checked. Are those 5 user-defined features all I need to 'worry' about? Because it's not clear to me whether they are globals in the sense that they are responsible for the stuff below them (pressurefactor, poisoning, humidity, not to mention resources, etc).

I also don't want to be "that guy" that keeps coming back to ask support/help with a config I've been noobing around in if you catch my drift. ;)

Just now, Jognt said:

That's the file I checked. Are those 5 user-defined features all I need to 'worry' about? Because it's not clear to me whether they are globals in the sense that they are responsible for the stuff below them (pressurefactor, poisoning, humidity, not to mention resources, etc).

I also don't want to be "that guy" that keeps coming back to ask support/help with a config I've been noobing around in if you catch my drift. ;)

Yes. All through the rest of the configs and code there is  NEEDS[FeatureRadiation] and so on.

I'll also probably state the obvious:

While we did try to test and weed out bugs,

THERE WILL BE BUGS/INCONSISTENCIES. 

Kindly report them either on github (create a new issue), or on discord (link in OP). Ping one of the contributors, and if it's serious/gamebreaking, we'll try to fix ASAP.

DO NOT ASK FOR MOD SUPPORT. I'll do them at my own pace, and they'll be included in next releases. It's a slow process, as I have to play with the mod for a bit to understand what/why it does certain stuff, then patch, then balance, then test. It's not fun.

I will take mod suggestions though, but they'll be at my own discretion.

Since I updraded to 3.0, [X] Science! Continued stopped showing any science. Is it fixable on your side or should the mod author get the mod compatible with Kerbalism ? As I understand you have to modify how science works heavily, I hope it will remain compatible with a few science mods out there.

I tried 3.0 on the 1.7.1 (since i tought that it was updated for it. But most probe i send just tumble around and power consuption is ridiculistly high for a simple relay (12EC/S) no career can cope up with that and even with gigantor (that is really high in the list) make it impossible. Have not tested with Kerbal in but i guess they would consume even more power for life support.

is that a bug, an error, something else?

1 hour ago, Dexter9313 said:

Since I updraded to 3.0, [X] Science! Continued stopped showing any science. Is it fixable on your side or should the mod author get the mod compatible with Kerbalism ? As I understand you have to modify how science works heavily, I hope it will remain compatible with a few science mods out there.

Kerbalism uses it's own science system now, incompatible with the stock science system.

21 minutes ago, karst45 said:

I tried 3.0 on the 1.7.1 (since i tought that it was updated for it. But most probe i send just tumble around and power consuption is ridiculistly high for a simple relay (12EC/S) no career can cope up with that and even with gigantor (that is really high in the list) make it impossible. Have not tested with Kerbal in but i guess they would consume even more power for life support.

Do you have any experiments running?

No i have no experiement running, the Relay satelite have only vanilla part and the HECS core, the small HG-5 antenna and that small foldable solar panel.
Tried to recreate it in the VAB without the Antenna and it still show the consuption at 12EC.

Also noticed that most of my mods may be non fonctional.... what version of module manager do we currently need for 3.0?

24 minutes ago, karst45 said:

We need more info. This doesn;t really explain the problem.

Tell us what experiments are you running, what other stuff you have on the vessel running, how many antennas, etc.