[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

1 hour ago, Dexter9313 said:

Since I updraded to 3.0, [X] Science! Continued stopped showing any science. Is it fixable on your side or should the mod author get the mod compatible with Kerbalism ? As I understand you have to modify how science works heavily, I hope it will remain compatible with a few science mods out there.

As @N70 said, [x]Science and any other science collection automation does not and probably will never work with kerbalism's science without support from the mod authors. There isn;t much we can do on our end, as we use a custom experiment module to be able to do all the fancy stuff, which needs to be accounted for by the mods themselves.

[x]Science still provides info on what's not completed though afaik, so you still have at least some utility from it.

Edited by SilverState

2 minutes ago, karst45 said:

No i have no experiement running, the Relay satelite have only vanilla part and the HECS core, the small HG-5 antenna and that small foldable solar panel.
Tried to recreate it in the VAB without the Antenna and it still show the consuption at 12EC.

Also noticed that most of my mods may be non fonctional.... what version of module manager do we currently need for 3.0? 

what mods do you have installed?

also, whatever the latest MM is is the version you need

7 hours ago, N70 said:

Kerbalism 3.0 Release

I'm sure you guys don't get a lot of non-complaint posts, so I just want to say that I'm running 61 mods (not a joke), and so far Kerbalism appears to be running "normally" - looks great, and I'm really excited about the changes. Nice work, everyone!

Updated MM and most thing seem fine. i still have tumbling probes but new probe dont seem to tumble around. probably a problem with stacking parts.

and for your information the mods i have are: 
Module manage (obiviously)
ground construction
smart part
throttle controled avionics
Docking Camera

@SilverState, do you still use your SSTU patches with the new Kerbalism? I just stumbled on your post from March and wondered if they would need a lot of work to be compatible with Kerbalism 3.0.

Edited by amo28

59 minutes ago, amo28 said:

@SilverState, do you still use your SSTU patches with the new Kerbalism? I just stumbled on your post from March and wondered if they would need a lot of work to be compatible with Kerbalism 3.0.

I messed with the ordering a bit for some ungodly reason and a bunch of them are broken. Not sure about the ones you found in that post, I believe they SHOULD work. I'll revisit them at a later date and probably include them with a future release.

The problem with those patches is that the result is not pretty. It's a hacky workaround that makes SSTU lose quite a bit of functionality, causes some weird side effects and introduces a new dependency. SSTU desperately needs plugin support, but the plugin wizards noped out when they saw how complex are SSTU modules (basically the reason was that SSTU is still technically in beta, and changes could be made at any moment. Supporting SSTU would have to be an ongoing effort, and that effort could probably be put to better use in developing Kerbalism further). I have an idea that i'm trying to pitch to them that should fix not only SSTU, but most mods that have custom panels. 

My MM Fu has also gotten better since then, so I'll have another go at them once more pressing issues are solved. As stated above, i'll probably include them in a future release once I have another look at them.

5 hours ago, Jognt said:

That's the file I checked. Are those 5 user-defined features all I need to 'worry' about? Because it's not clear to me whether they are globals in the sense that they are responsible for the stuff below them (pressurefactor, poisoning, humidity, not to mention resources, etc).

I also don't want to be "that guy" that keeps coming back to ask support/help with a config I've been noobing around in if you catch my drift. ;)

We are reasonably forgiving in the discord server.

Peace.

@N70 I was merely pointing out that it wasn't appearing, I know you guys don't control ckan, I've mentioned it to the ckan guys and merely pointed it out to you guys as well, no offense but I wasn't trying to seem to be impatient, I don't get why people pointing things out leads to negative reactions. I've been following this mod for a long time, and was a friend of shotgunninja before he disappeared from the forums, some of the kerbalism features he implemented came from ideas I shared with him, and he was gonna implement a few more such as hard drive, so me pointing out things really shouldn't be an issue since I've been with this mod from the beginning, a friend of the original maker and even gave him ideas that are currently in it

And my reasoning for notifying the ckan guys was because when I loaded up ckan I got a notification that kerbalisms metadata had been updated and to update it, I didn't allow it and thus for that reason I assumed my mistake was why I wouldn't see the latest kerbalism update on ckan and requested their assistance since I tried uninstalling ckan to no success 

I like the new Science-System but I have a question: does now every mod with Scienceparts need a config for Kerbalism? Because I used KNES and there are some probes with integrated Telemetry reports. But they can`t be stored because there is not enough space on hard drive even tough there is a buildin-space of 512.00kb in the probe.

Also: is the new time-using-science-system conflicting with Nehemia Engneering Orbital Science or is it compatible?

Edited by Cheesecake

Hey I love this mod and I'm a big fan of the changes; but I'm finding that after I run experiments and transmit data back, I'm not getting any Science. Looking at my science archive, the experiments are recorded but the "Value" bar is empty so they get 0 points. It's a new biome and everything, could I be doing something wrong? 

13 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I like the new Science-System but I have a question: does now every mod with Scienceparts need a config for Kerbalism? Because I used KNES and there are some probes with integrated Telemetry reports. But they can`t be stored because there is not enough space on hard drive even tough there is a buildin-space of 512.00kb in the probe.

Also: is the new time-using-science-system conflicting with Nehemia Engneering Orbital Science or is it compatible?

Pretty sure the NEOS incompatibility got fixed.

1 minute ago, DaveBowman said:

Hey I love this mod and I'm a big fan of the changes; but I'm finding that after I run experiments and transmit data back, I'm not getting any Science. Looking at my science archive, the experiments are recorded but the "Value" bar is empty so they get 0 points. It's a new biome and everything, could I be doing something wrong? 

KSP.log?

10 minutes ago, ChekeCur said:

Unable to install this mod via CKAN. Seems to be because Community Resource Pack is shown as incompatible on CKAN. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a matter of waiting?

CRP probably just not up to date yet. use the "compatible ksp versions" thing in CKAN

23 minutes ago, N70 said:

Pretty sure the NEOS incompatibility got fixed.

OK, thanks. This was only a question. But what about my other question? Say a part has a specific experiment. In the right-click-menu is onla a Button like "Log Data" and then I can`t save this data because the stock-window for experiments opened with the report. From here I can`t save the data.

2 hours ago, N70 said:

CRP probably just not up to date yet. use the "compatible ksp versions" thing in CKAN

Okay this worked. Thanks!

This new way of doing science made the game 100x more interesting and fun. They basically made the game Scott Manley 1-trip-full-tech-tree-unlocked proof lmao. Launching 5 vessels just to unlock stability is crazy but very fun.

The new science system is very cool. But I do miss the stock survey contracts. Is there any way to have surveys (or something similar) work alongside Kerbalism's science feature? Maybe in the form of an additional 'spot survey' button on the various experiments, with very low science return?

1 minute ago, Daedalus451 said:

The new science system is very cool. But I do miss the stock survey contracts. Is there any way to have surveys (or something similar) work alongside Kerbalism's science feature? Maybe in the form of an additional 'spot survey' button on the various experiments, with very low science return?

Surveys are broken currently. Contracts in general need a pass, I would assume a bunch are broken/not working as intended.

2 minutes ago, bulletrhli said:

Great new version! So happy to be trying it out.

There is a transmission sound that, well, after hours of playing, gets very annoying. I swear I will get Tinnitus. How can I disable it?

Chatterer settings most likely