[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

I just collected my first Mun Stone and it got transformed into data, is this the desired behavior ? I would have thought it would be like a surface sample of some sort. (And I have a contract to bring one back...)

When I perform an orbital telescope observation, it generates 1100 Mits (Millions of bits equivalent??) of data.  Use to be I could transmit that data back over time.  Now something I can do early in the game is going to be either late game or I will need to attach dozens or hundreds of probe systems on one ship.  Shouldn't there be both the overall storage given by probes, but then each science device has it's own data buffer that it can use to store the sample it just acquired to feed to the computer when there is space free.  A repeatable device single sample device (as opposed to something like the thermometer) then has to wait for the buffer to completely empty before taking another sample.  Data priorities would be useful for that.

Also, why if I attach 2 goo observation canisters can I only run one per ship?

2 minutes ago, traisjames said:

When I perform an orbital telescope observation, it generates 1100 Mits (Millions of bits equivalent??) of data.  Use to be I could transmit that data back over time.  Now something I can do early in the game is going to be either late game or I will need to attach dozens or hundreds of probe systems on one ship.  Shouldn't there be both the overall storage given by probes, but then each science device has it's own data buffer that it can use to store the sample it just acquired to feed to the computer when there is space free.  A repeatable device single sample device (as opposed to something like the thermometer) then has to wait for the buffer to completely empty before taking another sample.  Data priorities would be useful for that.

Also, why if I attach 2 goo observation canisters can I only run one per ship? 

along the tech tree you unlock upgrades to hard drive anyways.

also you don't do science IRL by doing it twice at the same time i'm pretty sure

2 minutes ago, N70 said:

also you don't do science IRL by doing it twice at the same time i'm pretty sure

I mean having two so once one is used you can use the other in a different biome.

Oh also, can we have a way to AND auto scripts togeather?  I want to be able to say turn device on if, and only if ship is both high power and in sun.

Just now, traisjames said:

I mean having two so once one is used you can use the other in a different biome.

Oh also, can we have a way to AND auto scripts togeather?  I want to be able to say turn device on if, and only if ship is both high power and in sun.

you can use the other when one's depleted i'm pretty sure.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:50 PM, N70 said:

You do realize, when science parts are active, as long as there's hard drive space, they'll automatically collect science in areas where they can, right?

Question, what parts have Harddisk space and how is the amount determined?

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi, I just wanted to say that i enjoy the new science System you implemented. It took a little getting used to, but i think its a great system. 

I did however tweak the science output for RSS. It would be quite the grind otherwise. 

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Question, what parts have Harddisk space and how is thr amount determined?

Pods and probe cores primarily. The sizes are determined by the config.

I believe the KER thing that looks like a hard drive also has a hard drive, and there may be others.

36 minutes ago, N70 said:

Pods and probe cores primarily. The sizes are determined by the config.

I believe the KER thing that looks like a hard drive also has a hard drive, and there may be others.

I tried to look for any MM script that add a harddisk config to probe cores but couldn't find any

42 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I tried to look for any MM script that add a harddisk config to probe cores but couldn't find any

They're manually added in GameData/KerbalismConfig/System/ScienceRework/HardDriveConfigs.cfg

43 minutes ago, taty095 said:

Kerbalism 3.0.0 + 3.0.1 + 3.0.2 with RemoteTech 1.9.2 dont work together :( Alltime Connection lost. 

KSP 1.7.1

post KSP.log

How can anyone do science data and observation contracts which require being in flight beneath or above a certain altitude around bodies and doing experiments, when the new science system with this mod causes experiments to take such a long amount of time to complete that the location is passed over before it can finish? The only way I can see to finish these contracts now is by using an ungodly amount of delta-v to hover over the location until the observation or experiment finish. This update has made it impossible for me to raise funds, rep, and science by doing these contracts.

5 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

What about my suggestion for kerbals to get weaker when under zero G? It's something that was in an old mod called keepfit, it would fit in perfectly with kerbalisms structure

What should the effect of weakness be?

2 hours ago, RoyCreditor said:

How can anyone do science data and observation contracts which require being in flight beneath or above a certain altitude around bodies and doing experiments, when the new science system with this mod causes experiments to take such a long amount of time to complete that the location is passed over before it can finish? The only way I can see to finish these contracts now is by using an ungodly amount of delta-v to hover over the location until the observation or experiment finish. This update has made it impossible for me to raise funds, rep, and science by doing these contracts.

You will find that survey contracts currently are disabled with Kerbalism.

11 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

When looking straight down to the surface, the angle of the sunlight on that spot on the surface must be within these boundaries.

OK, but there is only sometimes a concrete angle shown.
Here are some pics:

MXzzGHE.jpg

IW3ogVr.jpg

ilu48gx.jpg

Edited by Cheesecake

I'm constantly getting the following exception message smap in my log

[EXC 13:14:32.537] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt32,KERBALISM.Drive].Add (UInt32 key, KERBALISM.Drive value)
	KERBALISM.Drive.GetDriveParts (.Vessel vessel)
	KERBALISM.Drive.GetDrives (.Vessel vessel, Boolean include_private)
	KERBALISM.Science.Transmitting (.Vessel v, Boolean linked)
	KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.GetAntennaInfo (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm)
	KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm)
	KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.Update (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm)
	KERBALISM.Vessel_info..ctor (.Vessel v, Guid vessel_id, UInt64 inc)
	KERBALISM.Cache.VesselInfo (.Vessel v)
	KERBALISM.Monitor.Update ()
	KERBALISM.Launcher.Update ()
	KERBALISM.UI.Update (Boolean show_window)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()

Or

[EXC 13:14:02.234] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt32,KERBALISM.Drive].Add (UInt32 key, KERBALISM.Drive value)
	KERBALISM.Drive.GetDriveParts (.Vessel vessel)
	KERBALISM.Drive.GetDrives (.Vessel vessel, Boolean include_private)
	KERBALISM.Science.Transmitting (.Vessel v, Boolean linked)
	KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.GetAntennaInfo (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm)
	KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm)
	KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.Update (.Vessel v, Boolean powered, Boolean storm)
	KERBALISM.Vessel_info..ctor (.Vessel v, Guid vessel_id, UInt64 inc)
	KERBALISM.Cache.VesselInfo (.Vessel v)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()

Obviously something is beeing indexed from which the key cannot be double.

Edit: if I disabled all partmodule on a particula part, the problem no longer occured. So Kerbalsm doesn't appear to like if certain partmodules are present on a part

Edit: Alright, I figured out, its the extra  HardDisk which I added to my advanced Probecore, obviously Kerbalsim doesn't like it when more than one harddisk is present on a part. I guess I need to modify the exising harddisk ..

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, N70 said:

Are you sure your antennas are configured correctly and pointing at Kerbin? Logs look fine.

yep

at respawn point 2 alltime work antenna 

SiM8C2M.png

Edited by taty095