[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

6 hours ago, Overlocker96 said:

Is this ammount of Radiation near Jool "Surface" supposed to be a feature?

El7Kad3.jpg

That looks very much like the radiation level that you would be receiving *in* Jool. In as in *below the surface, near the center of the planet*. Or within the sun, maybe. Is it just that one vessel that's affected?

I have an issue when trying to take a surface sample. It either stops at 54 seconds or shows "Issue". This happened on Minmus as well as on Kerbin.

rmsuq6q.png VvfokNT.png

In KSP.log I'm seeing a lot of these messages:

[EXC 09:43:24.573] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.ExperimentRequirements.GetFacilityLevel (SpaceCenterFacility facility) (at <8a4e42ca56234bf4a928e828c42914e6>:0)
	KERBALISM.ExperimentRequirements.TestRequirements (Vessel v, KERBALISM.ExperimentRequirements+RequireResult[]& results, System.Boolean testAll) (at <8a4e42ca56234bf4a928e828c42914e6>:0)
	KERBALISM.Experiment.RunningUpdate (Vessel v, KERBALISM.VesselData vd, KERBALISM.Situation vs, KERBALISM.Experiment prefab, System.UInt32 hdId, System.Boolean didPrepare, System.Boolean isShrouded, KERBALISM.ResourceInfo ec, KERBALISM.VesselResources resources, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] resourceDefs, KERBALISM.ExperimentInfo expInfo, KERBALISM.Experiment+RunningState expState, System.Double elapsed_s, System.Int32& lastSituationId, System.Double& remainingSampleMass, KERBALISM.SubjectData& subjectData, System.String& mainIssue) (at <8a4e42ca56234bf4a928e828c42914e6>:0)
	KERBALISM.Experiment.FixedUpdate () (at <8a4e42ca56234bf4a928e828c42914e6>:0)
[EXC 09:43:24.589] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.ExperimentRequirements.GetFacilityLevel (SpaceCenterFacility facility) (at <8a4e42ca56234bf4a928e828c42914e6>:0)
	KERBALISM.ExperimentRequirements.TestRequirements (Vessel v, KERBALISM.ExperimentRequirements+RequireResult[]& results, System.Boolean testAll) (at <8a4e42ca56234bf4a928e828c42914e6>:0)
	KERBALISM.Experiment.RunningUpdate (Vessel v, KERBALISM.VesselData vd, KERBALISM.Situation vs, KERBALISM.Experiment prefab, System.UInt32 hdId, System.Boolean didPrepare, System.Boolean isShrouded, KERBALISM.ResourceInfo ec, KER

My log file.

KSP.log

P.S. I love this mod!

13 minutes ago, JordanLOL said:

Ckan doesnt find the new version of this mod, it only shows 3.0.2, Any tips?

Maybe manual install?

Looking at the CKAN metadata, it looks like v3.0.2-config2 is the top version, but only compatible with up to 1.7.99. So on 1.8.1 I got 3.1, but if you aren't, you'll get 3.0.2. Looks like the CKAN metadata needs fixing. However, you should be able to choose 3.1 from the versions list.

1 hour ago, lordcirth said:

Looking at the CKAN metadata, it looks like v3.0.2-config2 is the top version, but only compatible with up to 1.7.99. So on 1.8.1 I got 3.1, but if you aren't, you'll get 3.0.2. Looks like the CKAN metadata needs fixing. However, you should be able to choose 3.1 from the versions list.

@JordanLOL @lordcirthLook again, it's fixed :D

Hi!

Just updated to latest release and got a warning message of Dynamic Battery Storage with Kerbalism 3.1 release. This mod is needed with Cryogenic engines etc. Do I need to remove it and all the dependent mods for Kerbalism to work or does it only come with minor glitches?

Also noticed my game went bonkers and could not enter VAB, launch site or any of the other facilities after upgrading to 3.1. Looking into it and troubleshooting a bit myself. Will provide logs and stuff if I can't sort it out. Got a plethora of mods installed so it could be anything. With Kerbalism 3.0.2. and my coice of mods Ksp worked just fine.

Thanks for an amazing mod! 

Cheers

NoiR

36 minutes ago, NoiR111 said:

Just updated to latest release and got a warning message of Dynamic Battery Storage with Kerbalism 3.1 release. This mod is needed with Cryogenic engines etc.

No, it probably isn't needed. It comes with one of these mods, but it isn't a hard dependency I think. You probably just can delete it and keep the rest.

36 minutes ago, NoiR111 said:

Also noticed my game went bonkers and could not enter VAB, launch site or any of the other facilities after upgrading to 3.1.

Your log is probably full of exceptions... question is what causes it and if we can do anything about it.

2 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

No, it probably isn't needed. It comes with one of these mods, but it isn't a hard dependency I think. You probably just can delete it and keep the rest.

Your log is probably full of exceptions... question is what causes it and if we can do anything about it.

Strange thing: the unresponsive UI fixed itself with restarting KSP. There is some other problems, but I've spotted them few times before so not really related to 3.1. release. It's time for a fresh install & career start anyway so they should be sorted with that. Those damn new Van Allen Belts are now all over my noob station without radiation shielding. Gotta get my crew down in a hurry before they grow a third arm! Back to the drawing board... :)

Big thanks for the new content!

3 hours ago, NoiR111 said:

Hi!

Just updated to latest release and got a warning message of Dynamic Battery Storage with Kerbalism 3.1 release. This mod is needed with Cryogenic engines etc. Do I need to remove it and all the dependent mods for Kerbalism to work or does it only come with minor glitches?

Cheers

NoiR

DBS is a hard dependency of cryoengines, if you don't have Kerbalism installed. It handles the background processing of fuel boiloff. But if Kerbalism is installed, it does that itself.

2 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

Dynamic Battery Storage ISN'T a dependency of anything (neither Near Future Electrical nor CryoTanks/CryoEngines), despite the CKAN metadata saying so.

So is Near Future Electrical, Solar and Construction Kerbalism compatible?

3 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

Dynamic Battery Storage ISN'T a dependency of anything (neither Near Future Electrical nor CryoTanks/CryoEngines), despite the CKAN metadata saying so.

Really? Last I checked, if you don't have DBS or Kerbalism installed, Cryotanks don't have boiloff.

7 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

So is Near Future Electrical, Solar and Construction Kerbalism compatible?

Most of it, I think. There might be reduced/odd functionality with reactors (haven't used any so far), some of the bells and whistles won't be there, heat won't be a problem and you might be able to do things that you're not supposed to, like transfer plutonium between partss. But overall the mod isn't broken. I'm using them in my current career(s).

43 minutes ago, subyng said:

I have a probe in orbit of the mun in JNSQ and the temperature readout is 300-something degrees. Is that right?? 

Seems alright to me. Temperature in is Kelvin, 300°K = 27°C = 80°F.

Also, regarding Nerteas mods compatibility, the known issues are :
- Dynamic Battery Storage will likely cause issues with the Kerbalism resource system, and the "planner" part won't work correctly. The plugin can safely be removed.
- Near Future Electrical capacitors won't work in the background
- Near Future Electrical reactors are dumbed down to basic uranium > EC converters with zero additional constraints, so they are very OP.
- As far as I know, the Cryotanks plugin for hydrogen boiloff is working fine (but I haven't checked that in a while)
- All other Nertea's mods (NFSolar/NFSpacecraft/NFConstruction/NFLaunchVehicules/SSPX) are fully supported, even tough the a few things could be better balanced.

I have some plans for full support for NFE, alongside with heat management and improvements to the kerbalism converters / resource system.
No ETA on that.

Edited by Gotmachine

Sir Mortimer would it be possible for you to make the latest version compatible with 1.3.1 please? I have a 1.3.1 KSP install with 119 mods that I've rejigged to make them work with each other, I'm really keen on the new features introduced with the latest version of Kerbalism but am unwilling to sacrifice my current 1.3.1 install for it. If you could retrofit the latest release for 1.3.1 I'd be very appreciative. Alternatively if that's too much to ask could you advise please as to where I should start to retrofit it myself? All the best - Decus91

Edited by Decus91

22 minutes ago, Decus91 said:

Sir Mortimer would it be possible for you to make the latest version compatible with 1.3.1 please? I have a 1.3.1 KSP install with 119 mods that I've rejigged to make them work with each other, I'm really keen on the new features introduced with the latest version of Kerbalism but am unwilling to sacrifice my current 1.3.1 install for it. If you could retrofit the latest release for 1.3.1 I'd be very appreciative. Alternatively if that's too much to ask could you advise please as to where I should start to retrofit it myself? All the best - Decus91

No.

1.3.x support was dropped a long time ago, and we dropped 1.4.x in this release.

Seriously, update. You're not going to get any updates any more, for no mods - not just Kerbalism.

1 hour ago, Sir Mortimer said:

No.

1.3.x support was dropped a long time ago, and we dropped 1.4.x in this release.

Seriously, update. You're not going to get any updates any more, for no mods - not just Kerbalism.

Okay thanks anyway