[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

1 hour ago, BlackDragon Korean said:

i did but didn't work. I am experiencing errors in inflatable modules. 

1. It is marked as enabled when disabled. In the opposite case, when disabled, it's displayed as enabled

2. crew can not board, whether inflated or not.

3. The rotary module does not rotate.

The version I use is kerbalism bp-1.4.3 and sspx 1.0.2. i'm not using mks. i double checked. and It was the same when only two mods were applied. (except essential mods for run sspx&kerbalism like modulemanager, community resource pack)

+oh, i just checked sspx works with kerbalism in 1.4.3. this is why i need kerbalism 1.6.0 backport. 

i understand 1.4.3ver is more important then 1.3.1 backport. 

but please, I would like you to make a backport one day.

@BlackDragon Korean In case you installed the SSPX patch into Kerbalism, it should be installed into SSPX, not Kerbalism. Also the patch is needed regardless of an MKS install.

What inflatable parts are you using? Is the gravity ring from Kerbalism malfunctioning ?

Why are you are using the Back Port version?

I'll see what I can do for a 1.7.0 Backport after 1.7.0 releases, no promises though ;)

Edited by PiezPiedPy

@PiezPiedPy

In case you installed the SSPX patch into Kerbalism, it should be installed into SSPX, not Kerbalism. Also the patch is needed regardless of an MKS install.

:  i did but... :(

What inflatable parts are you using? Is the gravity ring from Kerbalism malfunctioning ?

: A bug occurs on every inflatable parts in sspx. inflatable parts in other modes were not tested.

Why are you are using the Back Port version?

: Which version should I use? i used backport because it's latest version in 1.3.1

I'll see what I can do for a 1.7.0 Backport after 1.7.0 releases, no promises though 

: I really, really appreciate it. thank you. :D

Hi, I have a problem with Kerbalism UI, haven´t noticed it before in a thread and search comes up empty... Planner seems to have missing all graphical icons like batttery icon, day/night indicator icon etc... Had anyone run into this? I am running extremely modded install, so I guess I can´t blame anyone... just asking :D

@PiezPiedPy, forgive my ineptitude, but in the last github build I downloaded, all parts with a command module seem to require a large amount of EC - (like 1.2 unit/s) so that a couple of the smallest static solar panels can't keep up - is this expected?

The planner indicates this is simply a command connection or something.  Also, this seems to be stackable - so a couple of probe cores or command pods doubles the EC requirement.  I'm not sure where to nerf this issue if it is.

Peace.

PS - played with the transmission stuff that you helped with this morning.  It worked a treat!  Thanks.

@PiezPiedPy, @Gordon Dry

Definitely the latest clone from Github (is that I am supposed to get the freshest?).

It seems that whatever the planner is calling "communications (control)" is being drained constantly.

In the last version I was using (## v1.6.0 for KSP 1.4.3 - 2018-05-26) that same requirement did not seem to drain EC, but was 12units/sec in the planner. 

Now in the latest release off Githubit drains fast, needing four OX-STATS facing the sun to keep up with EC drain PER command pod and probe.

Github Issue #64

Peace.

EDIT - SORTED.  Perhaps internal transmitters may need a separate module which may resolve #53

Edited by theJesuit

15 hours ago, Thompson64 said:

Hi, I have a problem with Kerbalism UI, haven´t noticed it before in a thread and search comes up empty... Planner seems to have missing all graphical icons like batttery icon, day/night indicator icon etc... Had anyone run into this? I am running extremely modded install, so I guess I can´t blame anyone... just asking :D

It's a known issue usually caused by leaving the loading screens and going to another window or the desktop with for example Alt-Tab (btw the search function is rubbish :angry:)

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

@PiezPiedPy, @Gordon Dry

EDIT - SORTED.  Perhaps internal transmitters may need a separate module which may resolve #53

Issue #53 was solved days ago by @Gordon Dry  ?? 

Comments as a newbie:

Humidity control is darn confusing. Pods don't have humidity control by default, and it's not really very discoverable that humidity is even a thing or that pods can be configured to change which life support modules they have.

Most importantly, the mission planner doesn't seem to know anything about it, so your mission can seem to be good to go but your kerbal will probably die in a hurry. Jeb's pod is still orbiting with his electrocuted corpse inside.

With an early mission being to keep a kerbal in orbit for 30 days, that's a bit tough. I suggest lowering that to 10 or 15 days, so you can put them in an unpressurised pod, then add a long term mission once they can survive. Or defer the mission spawn until you have either additional life support modules or docking ports. The only way I see to do it at low tech is to launch with two pods, which is just hacky and kind of nonsensical.

So if you hear that Jeb has "clamy hands" (should be "clammy") - that's what's going on. Get down. Fast.

Extending "Engineers report" to show

* Fuel cell consumes hydrogen, but none is available; and
* No humdity control

warnings would help.

BTW, I did get it done ... he just went completely mad and screamed, pushed random buttons, and broke stuff. Nothing vital. Well, too vital.

Edited by ringerc

Kerbalism 1.7.0 is out.

Changelog: 

### Changes since the last release

* Moved Humidity into Habitation (PiezPiedPy)
 * Pressure and CO2 Poisoning rates are back to normal (PiezPiedPy)
 * GravityRing NRE's in VAB/SPH bug fixed (PiezPiedPy)
 * Click through prevention added (some things can still be clicked through the windows, due to using KSP's old style Gui) (PiezPiedPy)
 * Overhaul to transmitter use, planning and monitoring, data rates, signal strength, EC cost and targets now work. Internal  
     transmitters are separate from external transmitters and will only transmit telemetry and command control, they are also  
     shown separately in the planner and are constantly powered unless you run out of EC, with the added benefit of loosing  
     contact with DSN and subsequent control.  
     External transmitters will lose contact when retracted, break, or if you run out of EC rendering long distance comms, call  
     home and your ability to transmit science to zero. External transmitters will also stop using EC when retracted.  
     EVA suits now contain a small internal transmitter for transmitting telemetry and controlling remote probes and rovers etc.  
     All transmitters have had their EC usage changed to more realistic values and are also combinable. There is a minor drawback  
     though, when changing scenes with the [ESC]Pause menu you may notice the target readout pointing to the wrong vessel and  
     some signals that where previously dis-connected wrongly connecting back online, simply changing scene from for example  
     the Space Center to Tracking Station will solve all errors in the network.  
	 *Thanks to (PiezPiedPy) for the transmitter overhaul.* 

* Nitrogen added to pods on rescue, Humidity controller now detects breathable atmospheres (PiezPiedPy)
 * Kerbalism Communotron 8 transmitter is back (PiezPiedPy)
 * Transmitters have reliability added and tweaked EC costs, also removed simulate button for internal transmitters (PiezPiedPy)
 * Signal lost/found during GameScene changes and SaveGame load, annoying bug fixed (PiezPiedPy)
 * Support for Connected Living Spaces fixed (PiezPiedPy) also thanks go to Gordon-Dry ;)
 * Module Manager cache bug fixed (PiezPiedPy)
 * Added an upgrade part to the TechTree that adds a slot to the Manned pods, ECLSS module and Chemical plants (PiezPiedPy)
 * Chemical plant capacity fixed, it was nurfed by accident in a previous release (PiezPiedPy)
 * TechTree locations for Humidity controller and External ECLSS moved for a better Career balance (PiezPiedPy)
 * Fix ContractConfigurator bug (PiezPiedPy)

18 minutes ago, N70 said:

Kerbalism 1.7.0 is out.

Thanks! That's fantastic.

I'm really enjoying playing it, especially with my heat shield tweaks on top to make heat shield failure a concern. I know how long this stuff takes (I'm a dev by trade) so thanks _so_ much for the time you and others have given.

I wonder if @ShotgunNinja would be willing to chnage the tagline for https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism and the wiki at https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/wiki to reflect the new line of development?

For other readers, you want https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism  or https://spacedock.info/mod/1774/Kerbalism .

(https://gitlab.com/N70/Kerbalism  outdated too according to follow up post)

Edited by ringerc

15 minutes ago, ringerc said:

I wonder if @ShotgunNinja would be willing to chnage the tagline for https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism and the wiki at https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/wiki to reflect the new line of development?

For other readers, you want https://gitlab.com/N70/Kerbalism or https://spacedock.info/mod/1774/Kerbalism .

ShotgunNinja has been missing for a while now. Also, you don't want the gitlab, you want https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism 

I have to admit I'm unsure as to the mechanics of how humidity works.

It's based on volume and number of kerbals.  But where is the logic behind getting the water into the MoistAtmosphere? I can see the water being extracted in the hjmdity extractor but not how the breathing puts it in.  It almost looks like water is generated from naught.

(Oh and Simplex will be updated today or tomorrow.) Peace.

@theJesuit The amount of water breathed out per Kerbal is 850ml / day it comes from the water they drink and a tiny amount from food.

All the water they drink does not come out as wastewater(pee), that extra water has to go somewhere and that is into humidity.

Wastewater output is 85% of water they drank

Edited by PiezPiedPy

4 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@theJesuit The amount of water breathed out per Kerbal is 850ml / day it comes from the water they drink and a tiny amount from food.

All the water they drink does not come out as wastewater(pee), that extra water has to go somewhere and that is into humidity.

Ah right.  That makes sense. I'm going to have to think about this for Simplex then as it combines food and water into a single resource...  Thanks for the clarification!

Peace.

7 hours ago, ringerc said:

Gotcha. The SpaceDock page is outdated then, might be worth editing that + removing or editing the gitlab to show the new location.

I... don't... use.... the... gitLAB.... anymore...