[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

10 hours ago, casper88 said:

i installed 2.2.0 and after which I wasnt able to load into any building at the ksp. checking the log, it was the spammed with the following:

[EXC 09:32:30.660] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Highlighter.Update ()
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()
[EXC 09:32:30.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI ()
[EXC 09:32:30.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI ()
[EXC 09:32:30.677] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Cache.Update ()
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()

let me know what else you need to help fix this

thanks 

casper

Could be a mod incompatibility. Do you have Science X installed?

On 4/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, 3x01 said:

New science system breaks "take experiment at location x" contracts.

I am having the same issue.  Is this a known issue?  I do not see anything listed on github and my search of this topic did not find any other people mentioning it other than Mr. 3x01 here.  This makes me wonder if i am doing something wrong.

Specifically my mission is to perform a crew report while flying below 19km over a location.  I enter the location and begin/complete the experiment but the contract does not complete.  I am certain that I am at the correct location, at the correct altitude, and performing the correct experiment.

11 minutes ago, Uberns said:

I am having the same issue.  Is this a known issue?  I do not see anything listed on github and my search of this topic did not find any other people mentioning it other than Mr. 3x01 here.  This makes me wonder if i am doing something wrong.

Specifically my mission is to perform a crew report while flying below 19km over a location.  I enter the location and begin/complete the experiment but the contract does not complete.  I am certain that I am at the correct location, at the correct altitude, and performing the correct experiment.

As I said not two posts ago...

Your issue is related to the new science coming in version 2.2.

The new science system is not finished or ready. Expect lots of things to be broken or not working.

Version 2.2 was released in error and quickly rolled back to 2.1.2

If you want to play Kerbalism then use version 2.1.2.

I expect you won't get any support using a version that is not finished or officially released yet.

I'm sure the mod team will announce a new release soon and update the forum.

But in the meantime if you want a stable game use version 2.1.2.

I have a question, is the auto scripting broken? I was under the impression that I could set devices, such as this fuel cell to kick on, in this example, when EC is under 20%, I got the notification of low batteries, but my fuel cell did not turn on, on it's own. Have I missed something, am I misunderstanding something, does it only work if the vessel is unloaded?

8ENQyIw.jpg

vPYocVp.jpg

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

I have a question, is the auto scripting broken? I was under the impression that I could set devices, such as this fuel cell to kick on, in this example, when EC is under 20%, I got the notification of low batteries, but my fuel cell did not turn on, on it's own. Have I missed something, am I misunderstanding something, does it only work if the vessel is unloaded?

8ENQyIw.jpg

vPYocVp.jpg

Kerbalism won't run a process if not all the resources generated by this process can be stored or dumped. A fuel cell produces some water, if your water tanks are full the cell won't run. So, either don't bring a full load of water, or use the dump switch on the fuel cell: set that to anything other than "None".

1 hour ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Kerbalism won't run a process if not all the resources generated by this process can be stored or dumped. A fuel cell produces some water, if your water tanks are full the cell won't run. So, either don't bring a full load of water, or use the dump switch on the fuel cell: set that to anything other than "None".

I will admit, I had some problems with that at first. I couldn't get the fuel cell to generate EC, but I figured out the dump excess water thing, and can get the fuel cell to start manually, but this test was done after I figured out how to make the cell work.

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

I will admit, I had some problems with that at first. I couldn't get the fuel cell to generate EC, but I figured out the dump excess water thing, and can get the fuel cell to start manually, but this test was done after I figured out how to make the cell work.

Aaah sorry my bad, I forgot: that's a bug in Kerbalism 2.1, it won't let you control a process from automation. That goes for fuel cells and probably life support / chemical plants, too. I already fixed that on my working branch and forgot about it.

17 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Aaah sorry my bad, I forgot: that's a bug in Kerbalism 2.1, it won't let you control a process from automation. That goes for fuel cells and probably life support / chemical plants, too. I already fixed that on my working branch and forgot about it.

So If I have ships or bases on rails I need to remember to leave all the things running that are essential to life, or i'll have dead kerbals because it won't kick on remotely, yes? okay.

37 minutes ago, vardicd said:

So If I have ships or bases on rails I need to remember to leave all the things running that are essential to life, or i'll have dead kerbals because it won't kick on remotely, yes? okay.

Hey, they all signed the contract. Occupational hazard :D

16 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

The new science system is not finished or ready. Expect lots of things to be broken or not working.

I expect you won't get any support using a version that is not finished or officially released yet.

Its taken me some time to find this post, on closer look CKAN is deploying 2.2.0 to everyone requiring a manual rollback for experiments to work.

18 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

Thanks so much for the quick reply Cruesoe.  I guess I should have read the previous posts more carefully b/c I did not even realize that I had installed version 2.2.  You hit the nail on the head though.  I have 2.1.2 installed now.  Thank you!!

On 4/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, Asdefjak said:

Could be a mod incompatibility. Do you have Science X installed?

i do, is this a known issue? would be nice to have kerbalism to work with [x] science as 2.1.2 works fine 

15 minutes ago, casper88 said:

i do, is this a known issue? would be nice to have kerbalism to work with [x] science as 2.1.2 works fine 

As far as I understand it the building of the science experiments into Kerbalism's automation and the new feature of experiments taking time to complete breaks [X] Science.

[X] Science relies on the stock instant click science so it's highly unlikely to work with Kerbalism, but due to the automation is largely unneeded.

Science in the upcoming is very different, embrace the change! 

Reminder - although you may be able to download 2.2 in various places due to a release error, 2.2 is not ready or complete. Please use 2.1.2 until 2.2 is released officially! 

6 hours ago, casper88 said:

It happened to me at least. I did not expect X science to work with Kerbalism 2.2, but the entire game breaking like that was a bit surprising.

5 hours ago, Asdefjak said:

It happened to me at least. I did not expect X science to work with Kerbalism 2.2, but the entire game breaking like that was a bit surprising.

How is it surprising?

2.2 is incomplete, unstable, not finished, not ready, do not use, won't work, will crash, unsupported, not tested.. etc.

Game breaking crashes are expected.

9 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

How is it surprising?

2.2 is incomplete, unstable, not finished, not ready, do not use, won't work, will crash, unsupported, not tested.. etc.

Game breaking crashes are expected.

Great job making unfounded assumptions. I installed 2.2 before the devs retracted it.

35 minutes ago, Asdefjak said:

Great job making unfounded assumptions. I installed 2.2 before the devs retracted it.

He's right though. 2.2 was far from ready, I just realized it too late. Have fun with your unbalanced game though, it's your choice after all.

2.2 won't work. Why? Because the next release is 3.0.

Edited by N70

Just now, N70 said:

He's right though. 2.2 was far from ready, I just realized it too late. Have fun with your unbalanced game though, it's your choice after all.

I am waiting for the working release...

6 hours ago, Asdefjak said:

OK, so I've installed x Science now to see what's going on. I don't think that the stacktrace above (Kerbalism.Highlighter) is related to x Science. I got a bunch of exceptions in the log related to x Science, but my best guess is that it just doesn't work on my KSP 1.6 install (last supported version is 1.4). That stack trace there is something else, it looks like UI stuff is being done before KSP is ready for it.

Do you get that with a stock install? 

19 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:

OK, so I've installed x Science now to see what's going on. I don't think that the stacktrace above (Kerbalism.Highlighter) is related to x Science. I got a bunch of exceptions in the log related to x Science, but my best guess is that it just doesn't work on my KSP 1.6 install (last supported version is 1.4). That stack trace there is something else, it looks like UI stuff is being done before KSP is ready for it.

Do you get that with a stock install? 

I'm uh, using x science on my KSP install 1.6.1 no problems. there is a version updated for 1.6.1