[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

16 hours ago, gulegule said:

To me the new science system felt like it cut against one of the things I like about this mod.  Namely that "the need to repeat the same experiment in a situation multiple times has been removed" (from here: https://kerbalism.readthedocs.io/en/stable/science.html#tweaks).  This is especially evident in early career science-ing, needing multiple launches to get a full crew report doesn't feel like the right kind of challenging.

The crew report taking that long is an issue with the configs that we since changed. You'll be able to do a full crew report and a goo with your very first Mk-1 pod sitting on the launch pad. Trust me, I absolutely hate having to do multiple launches for the same experiment, but this is different. You still will be able to do all the experiments in one swoop, it just might be tricky to do that.

4 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

The crew report taking that long is an issue with the configs that we since changed. You'll be able to do a full crew report and a goo with your very first Mk-1 pod sitting on the launch pad. Trust me, I absolutely hate having to do multiple launches for the same experiment, but this is different. You still will be able to do all the experiments in one swoop, it just might be tricky to do that.

Also, you can now just leave all experiments running, and they just automatically measure whatever's there, which is *really cool*.

1 hour ago, lordcirth said:

Also, you can now just leave all experiments running, and they just automatically measure whatever's there, which is *really cool*.

Passive science is amazing, means I can get other contracts done while I'm collecting science. It is a shame however that science gathering and transmitting at he same time induces quite a bit of lag.

13 hours ago, lordcirth said:

I really like that too.  Buuuuuuut, it can get you killed when EC is tight and you forget to turn them back off :0.0:.  Thats easy to work with though and overall I love the change.

7 hours ago, Uberns said:

I really like that too.  Buuuuuuut, it can get you killed when EC is tight and you forget to turn them back off :0.0:.  Thats easy to work with though and overall I love the change.

You could set them to automatically turn off at low power using the Kerbalism auto tab so that wouldn't be an issue, if that's what you wanted to do.

8 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

You could set them to automatically turn off at low power using the Kerbalism auto tab so that wouldn't be an issue, if that's what you wanted to do.

Ahhh brilliant!  Looks like it is time for me to dig into that tab haha :D

How to make Kerbalism work on 1.7: A guide

1. Go into the GameData/Kerbalism folder
  2. Copy (or rename) Kerbalism16.bin to Kerbalism17.bin
  3. Go into the Shaders folder
  4. Copy (or rename) the 16 folder to 17
  5. ???
  6. Profit

23 minutes ago, N70 said:

How to make Kerbalism work on 1.7: A guide

1. Go into the GameData/Kerbalism folder
  2. Copy (or rename) Kerbalism16.bin to Kerbalism17.bin
  3. Go into the Shaders folder
  4. Copy (or rename) the 16 folder to 17
  5. ???
  6. Profit

If only all updates were this easy.

48 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

If only all updates were this easy.

Pretty much any mod that works for 1.4+ will work for 1.7. The main exception are mods with a hardcoded version lock -- like Kopernicus and Principia (but Kopernicus has been updated)

Hey guys. I’ve read most of the posts and the main thread and haven’t found a solution to my problem. Maybe someone here can help. I’m running KSP1.6.1 and the corresponding install of Kerbalism. I’m having trouble with science from mods such as ScanSat and DMagic Orbital Science. When trying to either keep or transmit the science, I receive a message saying there isn’t enough room on my hard drive. Is this just because I need a better probe core? Thanks!

Hello! I have been out of the ksp galaxy for a few solid months...
Last time i was playing on 1.45 eheh...

kerbalism has become my go to LS&more mod;  so much so that i don't ever remember how stock background processing works... eheh (i should re-look into it).
I would like to start a brand new career focused on interstellar colonization..  and even if everybody has suggested me USI for that i must admit i have never used it... xD but the logistic mechanics looks interesting to remove some micromanagement...

BUTT; having said so.. Would be nice to have a Kerbalism adventure to the stars with Nertea's suite... (dunno maybe i like tens of dead ragdoll kerbals floating in space).
So, anyone of you guys (&gals) know of some way to add another star system(s) compatible with kerbalism?
All the planet pack i have seen just substitute the stock system with a new one, and a few (like TWB and KSS/GalaxiesUnbound) do not seem to have config for kerbalism at the moment.. (and changing a few config would not be that big of a problem... but i just started Javascript so i'm in no way a codemaster xD so if there are some patch already made i won't complain...)

Thanks, and Fly safe!

19 minutes ago, dylsh said:

Hey guys. I’ve read most of the posts and the main thread and haven’t found a solution to my problem. Maybe someone here can help. I’m running KSP1.6.1 and the corresponding install of Kerbalism. I’m having trouble with science from mods such as ScanSat and DMagic Orbital Science. When trying to either keep or transmit the science, I receive a message saying there isn’t enough room on my hard drive. Is this just because I need a better probe core? Thanks!

Downgrade to 2.1.2, unless you're purposefully playtesting 3.0.

3 minutes ago, N70 said:

I don't see any errors caused by Kerbalism, @vardicd

Okay, I assumed it was a kerbalism bug due to it being the shielding which was being duplicated, I don't know how to read the output log myself, it's all gibberish to me, did you happen to notice any errors that might point me to where this is coming from?

3 hours ago, Paxon57 said:

Still, after following @N70 steps I still get "unsupported version, please blah blah 1.6.1"
Any ideas?

You'll get a warning, sure, but doesn't it work anyway? I have like 10 mods that throw that warning every start.

12 hours ago, N70 said:

Just join the discord at: https://discord.gg/zWdCgx9

and ping @steamport#2763 (that's me!) to be given the playtester role.

Will playtesting savegames still work with the final released version when that time comes? 

I'm also using the new horizon planetpack and KCT. Will 3.0 work with that? 

19 minutes ago, Therese said:

Will playtesting savegames still work with the final released version when that time comes? 

I'm also using the new horizon planetpack and KCT. Will 3.0 work with that? 

• The savegames will work with the final released version. In fact, I think you can even load old savegames without game breaking issues. We were able to avoid breaking compatibility after all.
  • KCT should work
  • New horizon will be an issue: if there are new bodies, they won't have magnetospheres, van allen belts and radiation parameters. But the bigger issue I think is that new horizons replaces the central body of the universe with something that is not a sun, and that will cause issues.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mortimer said:
  •  
  • New horizon will be an issue: if there are new bodies, they won't have magnetospheres, van allen belts and radiation parameters. But the bigger issue I think is that new horizons replaces the central body of the universe with something that is not a sun, and that will cause issues.

I understand. NH works fine with the current kerbalism, but i might go back to stock if that is needed (I grew a bit tired of the stock system tbo). 

I'll ping on discord if I can it get to work