Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, dxeh said:

Noticed this new science mechanism on the current Alpha.. need to get used to it, but love it so far!

Seems to auto collect when entering different biome, when set to active.. thats a big pro.

But all sciencepart do not alert the "Sciece Alert realerted" mod.

 

Other than that, keepp this work going

With this new science mechanic I found myself not needing science alert or the xscience mod.  Since the science will automatically start, no need to be alerted.

If you want to know in real-time just pin your hard drive to the screen and you can watch the data flow in...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dxeh said:

Noticed this new science mechanism on the current Alpha.. need to get used to it, but love it so far!

Seems to auto collect when entering different biome, when set to active.. thats a big pro.

But all sciencepart do not alert the "Sciece Alert realerted" mod.

 

Other than that, keepp this work going

I just leave the Auto tab open and watch it go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only reason i use that science alert mod is because i tend to forget what science parts i got equiped and tucked away in small convined spaces xD. Mod helps me NOT to actually have to visualy see the part ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dxeh said:

Only reason i use that science alert mod is because i tend to forget what science parts i got equiped and tucked away in small convined spaces xD. Mod helps me NOT to actually have to visualy see the part ;)

Yeah, but the Kerbalism Auto tab, as mentioned, shows all devices. Experiments, antennae, and resource converters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ! 

I'm running KSP with a lot of mods, and i'm currently trying to make refuel bases and landers.

The problem is that i use kerbalism, and ISRU  is way too complicated, the ratios doesnt match, and it produces way too much byproduct that jam if i don't micro manage to dump some things...

SO i'd like to add a config for chemical plants and ISRU units that could process ore into liquidfuel and oxidizer. Yea that's the easy way but that's just too slow and hard (about 5 years to refuel my lander using small chem plant).

The problem is that i don't know at all where those config are (i found for the stock one, but kerbalism replaces it) and... i dont know how to make it !

Thank you guys :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iguas said:

Hello ! 

I'm running KSP with a lot of mods, and i'm currently trying to make refuel bases and landers.

The problem is that i use kerbalism, and ISRU  is way too complicated, the ratios doesnt match, and it produces way too much byproduct that jam if i don't micro manage to dump some things...

SO i'd like to add a config for chemical plants and ISRU units that could process ore into liquidfuel and oxidizer. Yea that's the easy way but that's just too slow and hard (about 5 years to refuel my lander using small chem plant).

The problem is that i don't know at all where those config are (i found for the stock one, but kerbalism replaces it) and... i dont know how to make it !

Thank you guys :)

Copy or edit Profiles/Default.cfg:

Declare the process:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles/Default.cfg#L380

Add the process to the ISRU parts:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles/Default.cfg#L1507

And you're done. If you make a copy of Default instead of editing it, you will need to edit the first line of Settings.cfg to point to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Copy or edit Profiles/Default.cfg:

Declare the process:

 https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles/Default.cfg#L380

Add the process to the ISRU parts:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles/Default.cfg#L1507

And you're done. If you make a copy of Default instead of editing it, you will need to edit the first line of Settings.cfg to point to it.

Thanks a lot, it works for the most part, I can now use my custom chemical process, i figured out the good proportions to keep the game balanced, BUT ... It doesn't work ^^ 

I can run the chemical process, but it doesn't use Ore and doesn't produce Lf and Ox

In Default.cfg, I added my custom process, then i added the module in the parts, then another module, that give the description, and finally, i added the ressource definition.

Is there somewhere else where i should add something ? I'm not modder at all, and I don't really know wht i'm doing, so i tried to see how all other process worked, and i did the exact same.

Do you think you could help me ? I can send screenshots of my Default.cfg.

Thank you, sorry for such a long post :(

 

EDIT: Oh, forgot to add Carbon dioxyde in dump_valve, i'm so dump... :D

It works perfectly !

Thanks a lot , that'll make me happy to start a new colonisation carreer !!

Edited by Iguas
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 8 errors regarding  something abou the systems reliability (might be Module Manager related) in 1.7.1 with both DLC modules.  I removed Kerbalism and will wait.  I figure it will be smoothed out in time.

Edited by jpkerman
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MassoudGL said:

So I don't see that it's been asked yet, how is Kerbalism going to jive with the Breaking Ground expansion???

There is a plan... and an agenda. A secret, hidden agenda...

Peace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Trem Fantasma said:

So I am trying to get the mod to work in 1.7.1 and I am having no luck. I have the parts ingame but nothing else is working

What version of Kerbalism are you using?

This mod has not yet been updated for 1.7.1, work is in progress and you may just need to be patient and wait for 1.7.1 to be a supported version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trem Fantasma said:

Im using the latest

I presume you mean version 2.1.2 or do you mean the alpha of 3.0?

1.7.1 introduced a host of new features including new science. When 3.0 it's released then it will support these new features. 2.1.2 may work if you have correctly installed the dependencies but if I was you I would just wait until 3.0 is released.

1.7.1 has been out for less than half a day and the team have barely finished assessing the impact, the same goes for all mods I am sure.

As I said earlier be patient and wait for the update. It will be ready when it's ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

I presume you mean version 2.1.2 or do you mean the alpha of 3.0?

1.7.1 introduced a host of new features including new science. When 3.0 it's released then it will support these new features. 2.1.2 may work if you have correctly installed the dependencies but if I was you I would just wait until 3.0 is released.

1.7.1 has been out for less than half a day and the team have barely finished assessing the impact, the same goes for all mods I am sure.

As I said earlier be patient and wait for the update. It will be ready when it's ready.

Is there a way I can get the Alpha? if not its fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trem Fantasma said:

Is there a way I can get the Alpha? if not its fine

If you want to know all about the Alpha and what is going on with Kerbalism then join the Discord (link in the title post).

But as I stated above it works in 1.7 but Kerbalism 3.0 drastically changes the way science works and the team are assessing the impact of the new science mechanisms so don't expect it to work in 1.7.1 right away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

If you want to know all about the Alpha and what is going on with Kerbalism then join the Discord (link in the title post).

But as I stated above it works in 1.7 but Kerbalism 3.0 drastically changes the way science works and the team are assessing the impact of the new science mechanisms so don't expect it to work in 1.7.1 right away.

Thank you for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

Right-click on the command pod and click the button labelled "Data: [XX] Mb". ("[XX]" will be the amount of data that is stored.)

A window opens showing the data stored on your vessel. On the right of each item, there's a little button that looks like >>.  If it's black, click it. If it's blue, it's already being transferred / waiting to be transferred.

There's also a setting you can enable to automatically transmit data straight away.

There is no arrow? it's specifically with the sounding rockets experiment packages, they show that they can partially translate but it then I get a message that it has to be processed in a lab?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, Katikar said:

There is no arrow? it's specifically with the sounding rockets experiment packages, they show that they can partially translate but it then I get a message that it has to be processed in a lab?

The blue beaker logo? That's a sample that must be returned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMPORTANT NOTE

Kerbalism 3.0 will be split into two seperate packages -- core, and the config. You will need both a core and a config to function.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, does this mod alter part buoyancy at all?

Then again maybe it's just been so long since I've played KSP that a mk1 pod with a parachute and two science gizmos is expected to sink...

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Notepad said:

Hi, does this mod alter part buoyancy at all?

Then again maybe it's just been so long since I've played KSP that a mk1 pod with a parachute and two science gizmos is expected to sink...

Not directly afaik, but it adds resources and ECLSS parts to the pod, so it's heavier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

Not directly afaik, but it adds resources and ECLSS parts to the pod, so it's heavier.

Is there a way to figure out whether something will float in the VAB?

Or for that matter any way to tell at all?

Edited by Notepad
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...